Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Fire Trap was made for me to destroy you in it

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
The Fire Trap was made for me to destroy you in it

Lionflash
01.29.2013 , 10:35 AM | #1
Don't rage and general chat me because I must have killed you at least 8 times in the fire trap in 1 huttball match alone. Why do you think they put those things in there? To warm you up from the cold hard sting of your life's troubles?

No, they put those in there and gave us all Knockbacks, Pulls and Snares because they wanted us to kill each other. You don't see me complaining about how it's scientifically impossible to trap someone in a fire trap with a cryo grenade. My team still lost anyway because they were about as useless as bringing a 'Back to the Future' trilogy box set to a knife fight.

A class isn't OP because the player knows how to effectively use his abilities along with the game map. I was playing the objective, I was following the ball carrier. I don't even get medals for Fire Trap or Acid Pit kills, so give me a break.

I got my Harpoon on a 35 sec. cool down, damn right I'm going to use it. Deal with it.

KettleBelll
01.29.2013 , 10:44 AM | #2
I'm am always impressed on how players that can't fight their way out of a wet paper bag get so good at using Firetraps.

I would honestly sit down an read a well-written essay on why this phenomena exists.

MelodicSixNine
01.29.2013 , 10:53 AM | #3
Got pulled a lot of times into fire trap or acid, but also I use fire traps to kill people(especially ball carriers) on my sentinel/guardian too. Just wait for them to run through trap -> leap -> get out of the trap if you're able to in 1 second opening/die with him, but save the game -> force stasis. Fun, fun

NoTomorrow
01.29.2013 , 10:56 AM | #4
Hello, i like to use the legit tactic X on the map Y. It provides me a lot of pleasure at performing it. But apparently that is not enough for me. So I come and brag about it on the forums while disguising the thread as a complaint against people whining at me using the tactic X.

You could just as well name your thead: "I like pulling people into fire FTW!"

hm.. I think i should make a thread about how I am tired of ppl whining that i am whipe them out of huttball map everytime they show their face on it.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.

ArchangelLBC
01.29.2013 , 10:56 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Lionflash View Post
Don't rage and general chat me because I must have killed you at least 8 times in the fire trap in 1 huttball match alone. Why do you think they put those things in there? To warm you up from the cold hard sting of your life's troubles?

No, they put those in there and gave us all Knockbacks, Pulls and Snares because they wanted us to kill each other. You don't see me complaining about how it's scientifically impossible to trap someone in a fire trap with a cryo grenade. My team still lost anyway because they were about as useless as bringing a 'Back to the Future' trilogy box set to a knife fight.

A class isn't OP because the player knows how to effectively use his abilities along with the game map. I was playing the objective, I was following the ball carrier. I don't even get medals for Fire Trap or Acid Pit kills, so give me a break.

I got my Harpoon on a 35 sec. cool down, damn right I'm going to use it. Deal with it.
Pop a hammer shot while they're burning, and you'll get credit for the kill, if not necessarily the killing blow.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

Envyyyyyyy
01.29.2013 , 11:41 AM | #7
........and this gives you power over me?

haha I love the fire trap. Learn to kill people with it, or be killed by it.
Vital (Shadow) Mondavi (Guardian) Midnight (Sage) Lavado (sorcerer) Enviously (Vanguard) Avaya (Operative) Anderson (Sentinel)
Thats No Moon (Founder / GM)

Jarfunkz
01.29.2013 , 11:44 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Lionflash View Post

Good job. When most people start raging, they play poorly. Or they just start coming after me which makes it that much easier for the other players in my group.
VicVega

Siorac
01.29.2013 , 11:45 AM | #9
And the chat was made for the opponent to rage about it. There's a perfect balance in the universe.

islander
01.29.2013 , 11:48 AM | #10
7/10 with room to improve.
Gėllies Erimosi, Imperial Deadeye
<Hex> Prophecy of the Five