Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

5 shadow vs. 5 smash

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
5 shadow vs. 5 smash

Banderal
01.28.2013 , 06:39 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by sabbrina View Post
UI and cool pics HELLO you're completely overlooking the original post
Right. This is the forums. Isn't that what is supposed to happen?

Cowflab
01.28.2013 , 07:55 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by sabbrina View Post
Most of the complaints i see on the pvp forums are people complaining about too many smashers, while i do see them as the flavor of the month on the other end of the spectrum there is 5 shadows. At least with a smasher you can see it coming and avoid some of the damage. I would much rather die to 1 big hit occassionally as to be repeatedly beat down by 5 stealth classes. There is lil you can do against a shadow/tankasin. there is nothing this class cant do, the have stealth, mitigation,high dmg burst speed cloak and just when you think you have them dead poof they vanish and are gone to heal up and come back and do it again. So a guy smashes you once big deal you see him slowly running up to you and you know to avoid him or burn him, with all the shadow/sins its impossible to see it or prevent it. So my gripe is this....quit griping about 5 smahers when these stealth classes run rampant and no one complains. Oh wait the people griping about smashers ARE the OP stealth classes, nice to turn the attention somewhere else and take the focus off your OP asses
Damn those 31/31/31 spec'd shadows and sins. Damn them straight to hell!!! On a serious note, no one single spec of the AC has all of the characteristics you've described. It's a give and take. Unlike marauders... This post is incredibly ironic as well. Your last sentence is actually what you're trying to do yourself.

RougeBeaver
01.28.2013 , 08:06 PM | #13
Nerf operatives.
The only true profit in this galaxy is freedom.

Kaizersan
01.28.2013 , 08:12 PM | #14
The thing is if those smashers have like 3 healers there going to be killing much faster because while the shadows might have better single target damage the just like 2 smasher can drop most of a team to almost death or death.

Rincewend
01.28.2013 , 08:17 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by vladunk View Post
Great pic...never been part of an all stealth team, but once I was the only non-stealth class...that really sucked
Been stuck like that on my Sorc, Death came quick and often.

DarkSaberMaster
01.28.2013 , 09:34 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Rynis View Post
I don't always stack OP classes...but when I do, I stack assassins.

Stay mad bro.

http://i.imgur.com/pMtbwvK.jpg
Lol..
Referral link to claim your new or returning player rewards.
Ezs'ra: Sith Mara
Harbinger

Aluvi
01.28.2013 , 10:24 PM | #17
assassin/shadow are the strongest class overall, period. I've been saying htat for months, our guild has known that for months. Problem is, there are only about 2 or 3 assassins on our server that play them correctly.
Aluvien Sith Marauder <Infinite Darkness> Shadowlands
Aluviann Jedi Sentinel <Triumph> Shadowlands

Lalainnia
01.28.2013 , 11:07 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Aluvi View Post
assassin/shadow are the strongest class overall, period. I've been saying htat for months, our guild has known that for months. Problem is, there are only about 2 or 3 assassins on our server that play them correctly.
This^ (to many hybrids!)
Donna-Commando-Combat Medic
When we care for others our own strength to live increases. When we help people expand their state of life, our lives also expand. Actions to benefit others are not separate from actions to benefit oneself.

cdubballer
01.28.2013 , 11:17 PM | #19
Smash spec may lead warzones in damage and give you big hits and such, but try guarding a node in that spec. With all the maps that require you to guard a node, i would take a team full of shadows/assassins over a team of smashers any day. For example, ancient hypergate is just ridiculous with a bunch of stealth on 1 team. Just my opinion though.
PushaC-jugg, Efeezy-pt, Bonecellecter-sent

theholycarp
01.28.2013 , 11:43 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by cdubballer View Post
Smash spec may lead warzones in damage and give you big hits and such, but try guarding a node in that spec. With all the maps that require you to guard a node, i would take a team full of shadows/assassins over a team of smashers any day. For example, ancient hypergate is just ridiculous with a bunch of stealth on 1 team. Just my opinion though.
I once had to defend against 4 assassins 2 operatives on voidstar. It was an extremely stressful experience.