Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Can't seem to break 5K HiB hit as Assault Vanguard

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Can't seem to break 5K HiB hit as Assault Vanguard

iamef
01.28.2013 , 02:19 PM | #11
Thanks for the feedback!
--- Er'nesto / Er'nestoo / Nestero / Ėrnesto ---

WOOK -- The Shadowlands

Jakev-
01.28.2013 , 02:23 PM | #12
respec 8/5/28 get 5k HiBs easy on squishies.
Insomniaq Atense Amersu
Rank One Powertech NA Season One
Prophecy of the Five -> The Harbinger

wetslampigduex
01.28.2013 , 02:32 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Jakev- View Post
respec 8/5/28 get 5k HiBs easy on squishies.
if your PvPing w/o TD your foolish... pvp is all about bust and that ability makes you one of if not the most bursty class in the game.

To OP plain and simple you need more surge... min of (250) to reach 75%

anwg
01.28.2013 , 02:48 PM | #14
You can also use 4 piece PvE shells for another 8% damage on HiB, if you are that desperate to get big numbers.

Jakev-
01.28.2013 , 04:11 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by anwg View Post
You can also use 4 piece PvE shells for another 8% damage on HiB, if you are that desperate to get big numbers.
not worth it, youd have to put more crit in your gear.
Insomniaq Atense Amersu

Jakev-
01.28.2013 , 04:14 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by wetslampigduex View Post
if your PvPing w/o TD your foolish... pvp is all about bust and that ability makes you one of if not the most bursty class in the game.
He asked how to get 5k railshots lol. and that spec seems to give me more damage then when I run TD.
in Rateds with another PT usually things are dead so fast TD is a waste IMO. personal preference... but since this guy is probably talking about regs he probably should just use TD
Insomniaq Atense Amersu

UGLYMRJ
01.28.2013 , 04:22 PM | #17
Drop expertise to approx 1200 and you can afford to drop crit and accuracy as well. Play around with it but I believe my accuracy and crit rating by itself is below 200 for both atm. (and I'm not done) But my aim is near 1500 and power is approx 1200-1300 I believe. Buffed and stimmed my tech bonus damage is approx 950 and you should be worried about that more than rail shot. Better bang for the buck.... take a look at how much white vs yellow damage you're doing.

You're already squishy... why bother worrying about expertise and damage reduction, plus you get a better damage increase by dropping expertise for power. In competitive PvP your damage will out weigh your survivability if you have competent tanks and healers.

smellmop
01.28.2013 , 04:47 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by anwg View Post
has anyone run with this? I was debating the same strat (I have plenty of BH comms laying around) and I would still be fine to loose 200 expertise....seems like the 2 piece and 4 piece bonus is better on the pve gear.

Simply stated is the reduced cooldown on battle focus (increasing crit percent more often) and 8% boost to HiB/rail shot damage better than the 2 set dps pvp (which half of the bonus (unless I'm completely off base "Determination or Tenacity by 15 seconds.")) doesn't even work for vanguard/ptech) and 4 set +15% crit chance?
-Tarro Blood -> Corellian Run -> The Shadowlands-
Gunslinger: Hasenbensoba Vanguard: Ajmurphy; Scoundrel: Obi'haave; Sorcerer: Impossibreu Guardian: Shrėk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=labL_KAD2rk

UGLYMRJ
01.28.2013 , 04:51 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by smellmop View Post
has anyone run with this? I was debating the same strat (I have plenty of BH comms laying around) and I would still be fine to loose 200 expertise....seems like the 2 piece and 4 piece bonus is better on the pve gear.

Simply stated is the reduced cooldown on battle focus (increasing crit percent more often) and 8% boost to HiB/rail shot damage better than the 2 set dps pvp (which half of the bonus (unless I'm completely off base "Determination or Tenacity by 15 seconds.")) doesn't even work for vanguard/ptech) and 4 set +15% crit chance?
A number of PT's use this... personally I like the crit chance bonus because I drop my crit rating so low in exchange for power and the only white damage I care about is rail shot, so it increases my chances to crit without having much crit.

And yes the 2 set bonus is worthless for PT's.

smellmop
01.28.2013 , 04:57 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by UGLYMRJ View Post
A number of PT's use this... personally I like the crit chance bonus because I drop my crit rating so low in exchange for power and the only white damage I care about is rail shot, so it increases my chances to crit without having much crit.

And yes the 2 set bonus is worthless for PT's.
ty for the reply...i was just thinking that I HiB way more than shock strike, so the 8% boost would be better....now if the bonus were extra %15 crit DAMAGE vs CHANCE then it wouldn't be much of a discussion.
-Tarro Blood -> Corellian Run -> The Shadowlands-
Gunslinger: Hasenbensoba Vanguard: Ajmurphy; Scoundrel: Obi'haave; Sorcerer: Impossibreu Guardian: Shrėk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=labL_KAD2rk