Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sorc self healing in pvp leaves team minus players

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Sorc self healing in pvp leaves team minus players

beattlebilly
01.28.2013 , 08:19 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Spoletta View Post
Heals done before the wz start do not account for healing and medals. Also, most of those you see healing before wz start (me included) do it for the following 2 reasons:

1) It's the same as spamming "Hey guys i'm an healer!"
2) For scoundrels it builds up resources, same for commandos.
Yea, for Mercs using Combat Support Cylinder(Commando's is Combat Support Cell, does the same thing), it gives them a buff to increase the amount of healing done:

http://www.torhead.com/ability/exIwN...pport-cylinder

Quote:
While active, Rapid Shots charges your powercell with each use. Charges increase all damage and healing dealt, up to a maximum of 3% at 30 charges. In addition, targeting an ally with Rapid Shots will heal the target for 100% of your tech bonus healing. Only one cylinder can be active at a time.
Star Forge Pacific Trident GlobalJundland Biscuits and Gravy
Boy, it sure would be nice if we had some grenades, don't you think?
http://www.swtor.com/r/pblkhy

Fornix
01.28.2013 , 08:25 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by MoogleNut View Post
I always make a note of the name of whichever healer spam heals either myself or other team-mates before the wz has even started, they don't get my mvp vote.
Many healers do that for resource building. So by effectively managing their resource even before the match has started, they're already being a more valuable team asset than you are.

As for healers healspamming in corners, just initiate a vote-kick to get rid of them.
Member of <Helix>

LogicalPremise
01.28.2013 , 08:28 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by MoogleNut View Post
I always make a note of the name of whichever healer spam heals either myself or other team-mates before the wz has even started, they don't get my mvp vote.

I always vote for the player who has contributed most to the actual objectives rather than heals/damage/kills.
A perfect example of someone who doesn't understand the classes (or how some healers have to build resources) and penalizes people based on their own ignorance.

Here's hoping you don't get healed in the WZ.
Majynn, L65 Sorc - Harbinger
Garadan, L65 Jugg- Harbinger
Vongrath, L65 Op - Harbinger
Tradius Ahern, L65 Gunslinger - BB&B- Harbinger

Stoofa
01.28.2013 , 09:11 AM | #14
I've done it - but only when I'm either on guard duty (no, it doesn't distract) or we're all at an objective waiting for the zone to finish.
You cannot get "that" many medals for doing it:

2.5k Heal
5k Heal
75k Total Healing
You'd have to do it for a fair amount of time if you we're also going to get the 300k healing (does that exist)?

I'm always surprised that self-heals do actually count. I never in a million years expect my first self-heal to count until that one day I did it and saw the medal pop-up.

jgoldsack
01.28.2013 , 09:25 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Stoofa View Post
I've done it - but only when I'm either on guard duty (no, it doesn't distract) or we're all at an objective waiting for the zone to finish.
You cannot get "that" many medals for doing it:

2.5k Heal
5k Heal
75k Total Healing
You'd have to do it for a fair amount of time if you we're also going to get the 300k healing (does that exist)?

I'm always surprised that self-heals do actually count. I never in a million years expect my first self-heal to count until that one day I did it and saw the medal pop-up.
I do it on my sorc healer in 2 situations:

1. I am left solo guarding a bunker/turret. Way too many times all the DPS/tanks run off leaving me there. So I'm gonna get something out of it.

2. We have clearly lost the match, so I want to try and get my next medal.

I never ever run away from a fight, i'll be in the thick of it healing my *** off any dying lots, sometimes even run in as the distraction so we can ninja cap.

Self heals HAVE to count, because when you are in the thick of a fight, why should you NOT get something for healing yourself? The side affect is that you can get a fairly easy 3 (I know so many) medals from self healing. Getting the 300k or 500k healing medals off just self healing would be difficult, but not impossible.

I prefer to get my healing medals from actually healing my team however, if I had a choice.
On the Internet, you can be anything you want. It is strange so many people choose to be stupid.

http://www.swtor.com/r/ycmWN7 <-- link for some free stuff!

DiabloDoom
01.28.2013 , 10:17 AM | #16
Casting bubble shields on your allies is best way of gaining healing medals.

Lium
01.28.2013 , 10:27 AM | #17
As an aside, I'm surprised more people don't complain about sorcs/sages the way they complain about sents/maras. My main is a sentinel, and yeah, we can be OP even in average gear, but I currently have a 41 sorc and I never even feel threatened in warzones.

I mean, sure I get killed and sometimes I even get absolutely owned, but more often than not, I can stand in one position and fling lightning all over the battlefield and watch people die. Someone attacks me, I bubble and heal. Then I have instant nukes and instant CC and Force Speed to get away from attackers.

On my sentinel I have to work my butt off to get into melee range and, more importantly, stay there. So many classes seem to have stuns, slows, and knockbacks, that I feel like they have more control over my character than I do.

That's not the case on my sorcerer.

ahduth
01.28.2013 , 11:29 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by dallaas View Post
I have seen it time and time again, a sorc sitting in the corner doing whatever they do to themselves so they can in turn sit and heal themselves to obtain metals.
I play a sorc healer in pvp, and I'm not sure how else you expect me to get my metal? The stuff ain't cheap you know.

schnopsnosn
01.28.2013 , 11:32 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Lium View Post
As an aside, I'm surprised more people don't complain about sorcs/sages the way they complain about sents/maras. My main is a sentinel, and yeah, we can be OP even in average gear, but I currently have a 41 sorc and I never even feel threatened in warzones.

I mean, sure I get killed and sometimes I even get absolutely owned, but more often than not, I can stand in one position and fling lightning all over the battlefield and watch people die. Someone attacks me, I bubble and heal. Then I have instant nukes and instant CC and Force Speed to get away from attackers.

On my sentinel I have to work my butt off to get into melee range and, more importantly, stay there. So many classes seem to have stuns, slows, and knockbacks, that I feel like they have more control over my character than I do.

That's not the case on my sorcerer.
Play 50 PvP, then come back.

ahduth
01.28.2013 , 11:35 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by schnopsnosn View Post
Play 50 PvP, then come back.
Agreed. Once you have the full complement of stuns and heals at your disposal, sorc pvp gets to be pretty wild.