Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Elite War Hero Mender's earpiece and implants for my operative

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Elite War Hero Mender's earpiece and implants for my operative

thomaswaits
01.27.2013 , 01:13 PM | #1
Is it just me, or are these pieces a downgrade from regular War Hero? Especially the implants. I am losing a ton of power and a significant amount of cunning for a small amount of endurance and more crit/surge. When it comes to raw numbers, I am actually taking a reduction with the implants. Has anyone else noticed this? Am I missing something in the grand design or should I just keep my original War Hero pieces?

Aerilas
01.27.2013 , 01:37 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by thomaswaits View Post
Is it just me, or are these pieces a downgrade from regular War Hero? Especially the implants. I am losing a ton of power and a significant amount of cunning for a small amount of endurance and more crit/surge. When it comes to raw numbers, I am actually taking a reduction with the implants. Has anyone else noticed this? Am I missing something in the grand design or should I just keep my original War Hero pieces?
Yes.

The stats are simply LOWER, making the upgrade from WH to EWH on ALL THE REST TOGETHER useless.
Therefore I decided simply to not buy EWH implants/earpiece and just keep the WH ones

I posted about this the moment they came out, but people said i was wrong. They made me lol
Vis Fatalis
Caineghis (Sniper)
Tomb of Freedon Nadd

jibboo
01.27.2013 , 01:59 PM | #3
This is true for most classes' implants.

I undertand that they want to lessen the gear gap, but at the very least give us +1 to each stat, not negative for every stat...

Zero logic was used in their creation.
Zimbra - Assassin

tronot
01.27.2013 , 02:15 PM | #4

abhaxus
01.27.2013 , 03:33 PM | #5
From what I have read, and cannot substantiate with links, originally they had planned on EWH having a small expertise boost on every piece of gear. The change to a flat expertise tier between EWH and WH was last minute.
Abhaxus - Sorc heal/dps | Pill Cosby - leth op | Buubi'sett - PT | Snugglenaut - Jugg hybrid | Wayward'son - sniper | Abhaxuus - Mara | Weezles - Scoundrel | A▀haxus - Sage | Spankasin - tankasin | A▀hole - Commando

HaLeX
01.28.2013 , 12:11 AM | #6
I got the relics, but yea doesn't make alot of sense to buy the implants or the earpeice when they have lower stats.
GatorCountry GatorNation GatorUniverse POT5 SithUnited

Polebreaker
01.28.2013 , 12:26 AM | #7
It's not just you.

thomaswaits
01.29.2013 , 11:44 PM | #8
Thanks for the input. I decided to stick with my WH earpiece and implants. I was thinking that maybe the earpiece and implants were designed to enhance the rest of the EWH set, even though they didn't appear to do so. But I honestly don't think it was that well thought out. I think they just suck.