Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I HATE the Com limit!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
I HATE the Com limit!

DarthBloodloss
01.25.2013 , 06:19 PM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by Whitering View Post
Huh?
I know, it was a lot of words.

PvP: You are required to wait until level 50 before you purchase level 50 gear. It makes it so you can't farm warzones at level 10 and buy level 50 gear with level 10 rewards.

PvE Comparison: You can't get level 50 PvE gear at level 10. You cannot get Hutta Planetary Comms and just buy Black Hole gear at level 10. That would be ridiculous.

But you are suggesting the same thing by saying a level 10 toon should be able to buy a war hero piece.
Bloodloss Mercenary
DESTROYER OF WORLDS || KEEPER OF SOULS

Carter_Mathis
01.25.2013 , 06:22 PM | #52
Quote: Originally Posted by Whitering View Post
What is the purpose of this limit? Now that you need to buy the basic war hero set anyway, it's not like we are stashing them for the Elite set.
Because numbers in tor can't go to infinity...

Glower
01.26.2013 , 07:43 AM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthBloodloss View Post
PvE Comparison: You can't get level 50 PvE gear at level 10. You cannot get Hutta Planetary Comms and just buy Black Hole gear at level 10. That would be ridiculous..
But Hutta Planetary Comms not equal to Black Hole, this is wrong comparison... And 1-49 comms exactly equal to 50 comms!
SWTOR goes F2P; 2014 PvP FAQ, A: "We have no plans at this time" (c)
2014 cantina, A: "They’d love to do that at some point, but technically very challenging and unlikely to happen in the near future." (c)
2016 livestream: "RNG is exciting"

Racter
01.26.2013 , 11:33 AM | #54
Just buy weapons. I'll be hiting 50 on my Mara (everything I can legacy over is already waiting) with capped ranked comms, capped normal comms, and between 7200 and 9000 banked normal comms. Not hard to do, especially if all you do is PVP.

DarthBloodloss
01.29.2013 , 05:10 PM | #55
Quote: Originally Posted by Glower View Post
But Hutta Planetary Comms not equal to Black Hole, this is wrong comparison... And 1-49 comms exactly equal to 50 comms!
I noticed you used the "confused" emoticon. I'm sorry for using so many long words.

Of course my comparison is not the same. That's my whole point. You cannot use Hutta to buy Black Hole. You also cannot use Warzone Comms at level 10 to buy War Hero. The same reasoning applies. You should not be able to earn level 50 gear at level 10. Why should it be different in WZs?
Bloodloss Mercenary

Dacce
01.29.2013 , 06:31 PM | #56
I noticed you used the "confused" emoticon. I'm sorry for using so many long words.

Of course my comparison is not the same. That's my whole point. You cannot use Hutta to buy Black Hole. You also cannot use Warzone Comms at level 10 to buy War Hero. The same reasoning applies. You should not be able to earn level 50 gear at level 10. Why should it be different in WZs?
but I don't think you get it.

The very same war zone comms I started earning at level 10, can be used to buy my warhero and elite warhero at level 50. you can literally start banking weapons at level 10.

DarthBloodloss
01.29.2013 , 06:49 PM | #57
Quote: Originally Posted by Dacce View Post
but I don't think you get it.

The very xame war zone comms I started earning at level 10, can be used to buy my warhero and elite warhero at level 50. you can literally start banking weapons at level 10.
If we can all just think rationally on the forums for a second! Why should you be able to buy level 50 end game gear after spending a small amount of time farming it at level 10?

What part of that gives off the impression that I dont get something?

P.S.: The part about buying, and storing, and reselling, and rebuying temporary placeholder gear to save WZ comms beyond the max is clearly exploiting the system, and is another unrelated topic. I would not think less of someone for doing it, and I may even do it myself on my next alt. But its blatantly obvious that this is against intended design / against the concept / "exploiting" the system. I DONT think its a serious exploit and people dont deserve suspensions at all. But by definition, I do believe its technically "exploiting" the system, but I hesitate to straight up call it an exploit.

Regardless of your opinion on buying temporary gear with the intention to bypass the Comm Cap, it should be pretty clear that its a basic MMO staple that you do not earn level 50 gear at level 10. To argue in favor of that is just stomping your feet saying "I want ice cream!"

It doesn't matter how one justifies it to themself. You can keep telling yourself that you earn WZ comms at level 10 AND at level 50 so technically they are "the same". But despite that, there is no rationale that should allow you to buy level 50 gear at level 10. There isn't even a valid argument to support it. "I want level 50 gear at level 10" is not a valid argument.
Bloodloss Mercenary

rpeplins
01.29.2013 , 07:49 PM | #58
Personally, I don't have any problem with the Warzone Commendation limits themselves, but I do wish that they would let you convert regular to ranked prior to valor 40.

The reason for this is that I find that I skip a lot of planet content in an effort to cap my warzone commendations after level 40. Basically, I end up doing PvP and Class Story almost exclusively throughout my 40s to cap the commendations and finish my personal story, and have very little experience point cap left over to "spend" on planetary stories, flashpoints, bonus series, etc. This is even despite capping regular commendations well before valor 40 and converting them all as soon as possible.

I can understand that some people might consider it a "You can't have everything you want, you can't PvP for comms and PvE expecting to do both without compromise." But in the end, I just hate that the PvP comm capping really only starts at 40, which means every planet from 40-50 is affected and forces me to choose between them.

DarthBloodloss
01.29.2013 , 08:07 PM | #59
Quote: Originally Posted by rpeplins View Post
Personally, I don't have any problem with the Warzone Commendation limits themselves, but I do wish that they would let you convert regular to ranked prior to valor 40.

The reason for this is that I find that I skip a lot of planet content in an effort to cap my warzone commendations after level 40. Basically, I end up doing PvP and Class Story almost exclusively throughout my 40s to cap the commendations and finish my personal story, and have very little experience point cap left over to "spend" on planetary stories, flashpoints, bonus series, etc. This is even despite capping regular commendations well before valor 40 and converting them all as soon as possible.

I can understand that some people might consider it a "You can't have everything you want, you can't PvP for comms and PvE expecting to do both without compromise." But in the end, I just hate that the PvP comm capping really only starts at 40, which means every planet from 40-50 is affected and forces me to choose between them.
There's a "trick" that people are doing to get around the WZ comm cap. This only applies to pre-40.

Anytime you have enough WZ comms to purchase an item that costs 900 WZ Comms, buy it (or however much it costs). You should keep your WZ total as close to 0 as possible.

Any item purchased this way can be refunded for WZ comms for the next 2 hours. This timer stops when you are offline.

Any time one of your items get past 1 hour of the 2 hour time limit, simply sell it and buy it right back.
---
Now fast forward a few days. You have 7 guns in your inventory. Each one can be refunded for 900 WZ comms. You can also have your full alotment of regular WZ comms saved up. Once you hit 50, spend those. Then vendor all the items for more Comms and then spend those.

I feel its "exploiting the system" - not sure if id say "exploit" but its close....
Bloodloss Mercenary

Darth-Rammstein
01.29.2013 , 08:42 PM | #60
There's a "trick" that people are doing to get around the WZ comm cap. This only applies to pre-40.

Anytime you have enough WZ comms to purchase an item that costs 900 WZ Comms, buy it (or however much it costs). You should keep your WZ total as close to 0 as possible.

Any item purchased this way can be refunded for WZ comms for the next 2 hours. This timer stops when you are offline.

Any time one of your items get past 1 hour of the 2 hour time limit, simply sell it and buy it right back.
---
Now fast forward a few days. You have 7 guns in your inventory. Each one can be refunded for 900 WZ comms. You can also have your full alotment of regular WZ comms saved up. Once you hit 50, spend those. Then vendor all the items for more Comms and then spend those.

I feel its "exploiting the system" - not sure if id say "exploit" but its close....
That's smart, of course you would have to stay on top of the timers so you don't get stuck with them....good idea though.
Belgoth's Beacon ----> The Fatman ----> Prophecy of the Five ----> The Ebon Hawk
http://www.swtor.com/r/RC8V8V New and Old players welcome to use my referral for rewards, much appreciated.