Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why do i keep dying???

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Why do i keep dying???

Nittus
01.30.2013 , 06:36 AM | #11
Like heres another example, my lvl 26 jedi sentinal repeatedly owned by a lvl 17 imperial spy, within 10 seconds i was dead, and none of my hits were doing any damage. I was watching his HP and it was barely going down at all, but each one of his was doing massive damage to me. I just don't get it

Kegparty
01.30.2013 , 06:41 AM | #12
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2E4yyw_oYQ

This is a good mistake video... dont make any of these

Lord_Karsk
01.30.2013 , 06:41 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Nittus View Post
Like heres another example, my lvl 26 jedi sentinal repeatedly owned by a lvl 17 imperial spy, within 10 seconds i was dead, and none of my hits were doing any damage. I was watching his HP and it was barely going down at all, but each one of his was doing massive damage to me. I just don't get it
Snipers hit much harder then other ranged classes, when you see him start to channel snipe etc use force camo and skills like force stasis to interupt him.Snipers will knock you back when you try to use master strike so try to use it just after a knockback, but smart snipers save knockback for that skill.

MelodicSixNine
01.30.2013 , 07:23 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord_Karsk View Post
Snipers hit much harder then other ranged classes, when you see him start to channel snipe etc use force camo and skills like force stasis to interupt him.Snipers will knock you back when you try to use master strike so try to use it just after a knockback, but smart snipers save knockback for that skill.
Depending on spec it's better to save force camouflage for when he uses his knockback and roots. This will prevent you from being a sitting duck for his big hitters. If a sniper makes a mistake to position himself beside a wall or obstacle use it to your advantage and stand back to it so when he uses his knockback you will stay in same place.
Also use line of sight to close down the distance or make him move so you can leap. It's really funny when slingers/snipers position themselves in the middle of AH behind that platform and you can just run in circles breaking line of sight. I have outmaneuvered two snipers once like this. After about 10 seconds one of them finally got the idea to run in different direction, but it was too late as my team reinforced the middle.

If a sniper catches you on open field and he will not make any mistakes you die.