Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

sith inquisitor PVP gear

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
sith inquisitor PVP gear

glocklB
01.29.2013 , 10:52 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Youfaill View Post
the level 27 armor pieces is the one from black hole gear? and should i take 2 mystic parts for reducing cooldown of static barier?
it's dread guard quality (63)

then tell me how it really is if u know it better ^^
force power === power for force users including sorcerer
Assuming you pick +6% willpower skill, which is must have in every dps spec 1 willpower ~ 1.07 power (don't remember exact quantifier, but the point is that willpower is definitely better, but not by far).

Comparing mods you should aim to mods with 51-52 main stat and 39-40 power/crit which is clearly better then 60+ main stat and 10+ power/crit. Generally you will trade there each 1willpower for 1.5-2power, which is good trade.

Use enhancements with endurance least among all 3 stats on it (~27 endurance and ~40 power/crit). Enhancements with ~40 endurance and ~27 power/crit are much worse.

There is a post above regarding balancing of alacrity/surge and crit/power. First go for it and then you may try something else by exchanging one stat for another.
<Reckoning> The Red Eclipse - Marine, sorcerer
<Nostrum Dolus> Tomb of Freedon Nadd - Walsix, sage

MusicRider
01.29.2013 , 11:21 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by glocklB View Post
force power === power for force users including sorcerer
Assuming you pick +6% willpower skill, which is must have in every dps spec 1 willpower ~ 1.07 power (don't remember exact quantifier, but the point is that willpower is definitely better, but not by far).
This refers for your augments and I am +1 on this. Basically willpower augments over power. The +6% wp from skill tree and the 5% from your class buff bring nearly on par with power. From empirical results that did a long time ago by playing with +18 willpower and power augments I was getting for each: with willpower +0.1crit, -1.5 damage bonus over a power one. If you add them altogether there are what 14-15 augments? you get 1.4 extra crit with willpower or +20 extra damage bonus with power. Personally I prefer the 1.4 crit as it is more generic for all specs.

Quote:
Comparing mods you should aim to mods with 51-52 main stat and 39-40 power/crit which is clearly better then 60+ main stat and 10+ power/crit. Generally you will trade there each 1willpower for 1.5-2power, which is good trade.

Use enhancements with endurance least among all 3 stats on it (~27 endurance and ~40 power/crit). Enhancements with ~40 endurance and ~27 power/crit are much worse.
+1 on this.

Quote:
There is a post above regarding balancing of alacrity/surge and crit/power. First go for it and then you may try something else by exchanging one stat for another.
In my opinion if you are full balance where your skills enhance you crit hits and the only casting/channeling is tkt/fl, you would prefer a high crit/surge. If you are chancing specs constantly, like me, then a more balanced approach might be better.

glocklB
01.29.2013 , 01:12 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by MusicRider View Post
This refers for your augments and I am +1 on this. Basically willpower augments over power. The +6% wp from skill tree and the 5% from your class buff bring nearly on par with power. From empirical results that did a long time ago by playing with +18 willpower and power augments I was getting for each: with willpower +0.1crit, -1.5 damage bonus over a power one. If you add them altogether there are what 14-15 augments? you get 1.4 extra crit with willpower or +20 extra damage bonus with power. Personally I prefer the 1.4 crit as it is more generic for all specs.
in fact extra damage from power will be much lower because it gives only 3-4% more then wp. 1.03 * 18 = 18.72 vs 18. difference will be somewhat near 0.72 * 0.2 = 0.144 bonus damage per augment. 0.144 * 14 (~ total amount of gear items on you) ~ 2 bonus damage. Given calculation are rough, but accurate enough unless i've completely messed something up These simple calculations have one little inaccuracy that might result in ~0.5 bonus damage difference one way or another
<Reckoning> The Red Eclipse - Marine, sorcerer
<Nostrum Dolus> Tomb of Freedon Nadd - Walsix, sage

Monterone
01.29.2013 , 01:40 PM | #14
the level 27 armor pieces is the one from black hole gear? and should i take 2 mystic parts for reducing cooldown of static barier?
You don't need the 27 pve armorings, it's just a preference. Personally, I run at 1314 expertise with 2 +41 power crystals in hand/offhand.

For dps sorc, yes you want to run 2 piece mystic set and 2 piece master set, as others have said. However, if you spec into healing you should also have 2 pieces of PvE armor (like Tionese or Columi) and take the mystic bonus. This gives you 1.5 seconds off of Innervate cooldown, so then you get two WH armorings from a WH belt or bracers and you put those into the Columi gear.

You can now change out the 2 force master armorings and the two basic belt/bracer WH armorings whenever you want to chance specs. I keep my legs and feet always PvP mystic and change my head and hands back and forth between PvE mystic and PvP master, just by changing out the armorings.

For pure full tree Madness, you might also look into the 4 piece Stalker set... it adds another charge of Recklessness and lowers its cooldown by approximately 15%. Good for sorcs too.
Pelvic Sorcery . Chonies . Flux Capacitor
Star Forge

Youfaill
01.29.2013 , 03:41 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Monterone View Post
You don't need the 27 pve armorings, it's just a preference. Personally, I run at 1314 expertise with 2 +41 power crystals in hand/offhand.

For dps sorc, yes you want to run 2 piece mystic set and 2 piece master set, as others have said. However, if you spec into healing you should also have 2 pieces of PvE armor (like Tionese or Columi) and take the mystic bonus. This gives you 1.5 seconds off of Innervate cooldown, so then you get two WH armorings from a WH belt or bracers and you put those into the Columi gear.

You can now change out the 2 force master armorings and the two basic belt/bracer WH armorings whenever you want to chance specs. I keep my legs and feet always PvP mystic and change my head and hands back and forth between PvE mystic and PvP master, just by changing out the armorings.

For pure full tree Madness, you might also look into the 4 piece Stalker set... it adds another charge of Recklessness and lowers its cooldown by approximately 15%. Good for sorcs too.

oh ok, but was planning to take out enchants/mods from some pvp set ( with high wp and endurance) and put it in my war hero set. or isnt that a good idea?

Monterone
01.29.2013 , 03:50 PM | #16
oh ok, but was planning to take out enchants/mods from some pvp set ( with high wp and endurance) and put it in my war hero set. or isnt that a good idea?
Yes, it's a good idea... all your mods should be low endurance (32), medium willpower (51), high power/crit (39) for WH gear. For the enhancements you want all of them to be low endurance (27), high power/crit (41), and the surge/alacrity (53).

Once you are min/maxed like that for WH, start grinding out the EWH gear and only replace the pieces that are upgrades.
Pelvic Sorcery . Chonies . Flux Capacitor
Star Forge

Youfaill
01.30.2013 , 06:51 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Monterone View Post
Yes, it's a good idea... all your mods should be low endurance (32), medium willpower (51), high power/crit (39) for WH gear. For the enhancements you want all of them to be low endurance (27), high power/crit (41), and the surge/alacrity (53).

Once you are min/maxed like that for WH, start grinding out the EWH gear and only replace the pieces that are upgrades.
ok man thanks, so i guess ill get some mod 27 just because my expertise is to high so i get higher main stats and the rest ill just change with pvp mods i guess untill i min/max