Server population is dropping...

Miffy

Any one else noticed that the servers were all full during peak times the other week and now all the full ones are now only heavy or very heavy. Lots are just standard now and you log on to them to see what the populations are like and you'll get like 20 people in a zone compared to around 80 in the very heavy ones.

Bioware needs to start merging servers before they make the mistake every other developer has done with mmorpgs ever since WoW. If you're part of an unpopulated server you're more likely to quit because you cannot find the people to play with.

It's not a doomsday thread but Bioware need to get on top of the population decline before the servers get too underpopulated and people quit.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because the previous thread has exceeded our normal threshold for thread length, we've started this new thread for the community to continue discussion of this topic.

As always, we ask that the community keep the following in mind when responding:

2. No insults, name calling, or personal attacks.

3. Please stay on topic.

4. Please express your opinion and thoughts in a constructive, respectful manner.

5. If someone violates the Rules of Conduct, please flag it instead of replying to it.

6. Keep in mind that everyone has different viewpoints. Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean they're trolling. If you believe someone is trolling, please use the Flag function to report their post.

Thank you!

Edited by Artthen

Estimated and including Asia-Pacific region release.

Not very good news really. Game is dying a quick death in the US.

Edited by Gohlar

Actually, the first link says:

"We continue to feel comfortable with our Star Wars estimates which are an important part of our street-high FY13 non-GAAP EPS estimate of $1.36. We estimate 2MM paying subs by the end of June 2012 (and then sustained for the remainder of the year). We also note that the company plans to launch Star Wars in the Asia-Pacific region later this month," Creutz said in a statement.

So, it's old news, pre-AP launch, just repackaged. It's the same 1.7M that's been given before.

Yeah, 1.7 million subscribers, second biggest MMO on the market after 3 months live. Yeah, totally dying a quick death.

Yeah, 1.7 million subscribers, second biggest MMO on the market after 3 months live. Yeah, totally dying a quick death.

US is nearly empty. /shrug

Besides, a very large % of those aren't even logging in. I know I'm one of them. Gift card for Christmas.

Edited by Gohlar

Besides, a very large % of those aren't even logging in. I know I'm one of them. Gift card for Christmas.

Yet your still here, still peddling the doom and gloom.

1.7 million subscribers at the end of February (Asia Pacific Launch was 1st March so NOT included) the majority not in thier free month.

If you don't like the game just move on, don't waste our time or yours spouting misinformation and nonsense.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/parmizan/fefcee57.jpg

How can anybody say that this is fine, or even acceptable? yes, some servers are OK, but for servers like The Shadow Runner, it's virtually impossible at any point levelling to get groups for flashpoints or heroic missions. Warzones are restricted to a couple of hours a day when there are enough people online, and only a couple of guilds can manage enough players for raids. The rest have rerolled or simply quit. We need an answer from bioware... fast.

Yet your still here, still peddling the doom and gloom.

And yet you're still here burying your head in the sand. :)

Yeah you're right nobody is leaving we are all delusional. lol!

Clam on the Half Shell Day is at the end of the month as well. People are busy; that's all that's happening here.

Yes I am wrong I'm sorry. Clearly nobody is leaving this wonderful game with so much to do at 50.

Edited by Gohlar

Charming. If you can bother to log in to the forums to write against the game, you could bother to try to play it too... :rolleyes:

Charming. If you can bother to log in to the forums to write against the game, you could bother to try to play it too... :rolleyes:

I logged in last week and there were 2 people in Ilum and like 15 in the fleet.

Standard server btw. Not good.

In other news, the sky is sometimes blue.

Edited by Gohlar

I logged in last week and there were 2 people in Ilum and like 15 in the fleet.

Standard server btw. Not good.

So what, I once logged at the middle of the night and there were none beyond me on Quesh. I should have stopped playing right there with that kind of logic... :rolleyes:

Actually, the first link says...

So, it's old news, pre-AP launch, just repackaged. It's the same 1.7M that's been given before.

It's fascinating to see how you ignore the second link, which makes it clear that this is current data and not an estimate.

"[Electronic Arts CEO John] Riccitiello reported 1.7M active subscribers, which sounds like nothing much has changed compared to the earnings report numbers released on February 1. But a month ago about half of those players were still in the first 30 days of the subscription period, which is included with the purchase of the game, while the 'vast majority [of players] is now triggered through that point and they’re recurring subscribers.'"

This makes it clear that:

1. The figures are provided by EA's CEO and are not an estimate. Why would the CEO have to provide an estimate when he has access to actual figures?

2. The figures are as of the end of February (this is stated in the first link).

3. The reference to "a month ago" makes it clear that this is not the same estimate as the February 1 estimate provided in the 2012Q3 Quarterly Earnings Call.

4. Asia launched on February 29 (Australia/Singapore/Hong Kong) and March 1 (New Zealand). Therefore, these numbers do not include Asia.

In summary, whatever loss in subscriptions the game has suffered since January has been nullified by additional sales.

Edited by Kthx

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/parmizan/fefcee57.jpg

How can anybody say that this is fine, or even acceptable? yes, some servers are OK, but for servers like The Shadow Runner, it's virtually impossible at any point levelling to get groups for flashpoints or heroic missions. Warzones are restricted to a couple of hours a day when there are enough people online, and only a couple of guilds can manage enough players for raids. The rest have rerolled or simply quit. We need an answer from bioware... fast.

ROFL

2.31AM and you expect there to be lots of people around? Was this as a weekend or a school/work night?

Read again. It's end of february, and the Asia/Pacific launch is not included. You're wrong.

-snip-

In summary, whatever loss in subscriptions the game has suffered since January has been nullified by additional sales (including Asia).

Actually its better than that. The reports state that 'at the end of February' the numbers were 1.7m and the Asia/Pacific launch was on 1st March so their numbers can't have been included.

I expect that the timing of the report was carefully managed to allow the Asia/Pacific numbers to be excluded so they can be added on in the next press release (probably at the end of march) announcing SWTOR has broken the 2m mark.

ROFL

2.31AM and you expect there to be lots of people around? Was this as a weekend or a school/work night?

This was last night.

At 11pm we had 12 people in the fleet, are you saying that's acceptable too?

Because we chose a server (that, during launch was heavy) that has developed population issues, we're suddenly only allowed to have multiplayer content for about 7 of the hours in the day?? When I levelled my first character, there were few issues getting groups for flashpoints etc until about 4am. We could actually play warzones almost 24/7, but now the queue simply won't pop between about 11pm and 2pm the next day. Does that sound right to you?

I actually came to the forums to post on this very issue. I don't care what time of the day it is. I want more than 5... yes 5 people on fleet. And during peak hrs, there used to be 120 or so on fleet, now you are lucky to see 75.

Why people are in such denial is beyond me. You cannot dispute the low populations we are seeing DESPITE all the talk about 1.7 million subs.

We need server xfers NOW