So BW is hearing us loud and clear about the models of armor?

Eommer

So BW is hearing us loud and clear about the models of armor.

So few weeks about that statement...

any words about when we will have some change on this? and what about new schematics for craft?

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

any words about when we will have some change on this? and what about new schematics for craft?

Look up the QA sticky for the 27th & you'll have your answer.

I really like the current armour sets though.

Honestly, if you expect a resolution to an issue this encompassing within "a few weeks" you need to find a different hobby. They've already said that going forward, their art team will attempt to make armor that appeals to more people. Frankly it's an impossible task, but I give them props for even saying they'll attempt it.

Edited by VicSkimmr

Honestly, if you expect a resolution to an issue this encompassing within "a few weeks" you need to find a different hobby. They've already said that going forward, their art team will attempt to make armor that appeals to more people. Frankly it's an impossible task, but I give them props for even saying they'll attempt it.

Yep. The next set will not be as over the top and we'll have a bunch of threads saying how boring it looks and that they liked the previous tier better.

Edited by Galbatorrix

I think a lot of the sets would IMO, look better without all the spiky bits added on.

Yeah, they definitely should give crafters a "belt sander " option. Gives you the option to get rid of spikes and odd pipes out of your back or head, etc. Plus, it would probably entertaining to see your ship droid using a best sander on a piece of armor. :D

As we all know, (or should know) trying to please everyone will make it so that we will please no one.

They are trying for a futuristic look and I think they have succeeded. This in no way means I like it! Even some parts of today's fashion is completely beyond me. Yes, I would prefer some good looking gear for my multiple characters, not all the gear I find is to my liking. But, the game is still young, give them time.

Look up the QA sticky for the 27th & you'll have your answer.

I really like the current armour sets though.

looks like none right?

so pretty much we can remove or mods from armor, but we are stick with few armor designs if you want to use the augment slot. special the lightsabers, two models only.

They said they heard the players and the players want a more traditional look and that they will be going back to those styles, but they already have the new armors picked out and ready to go for alot of the future content so we wouldnt see them for awhile. No idea how far ahead they have this stuff lined up for though.

Honestly, if you expect a resolution to an issue this encompassing within "a few weeks" you need to find a different hobby.

what you mean? in real life? but but theres real people outside...

j/k man

i think the priority to fix or change stuffs depends on what your clients want more right? besides ranked warzones, char transfers thats one of the most called complain about 1.2

I wouldn't care how bad they looked if we had a decent (and cheap) option for appearance.

Almost everyone should be able to find at least one model set in game they like, but It shouldn't cost a ton of credits to change the look of their gear to it like it does currently.

what you mean? in real life? but but theres real people outside...

j/k man

i think the priority to fix or change stuffs depends on what your clients want more right? besides ranked warzones, char transfers thats one of the most called complain about 1.2

How much they want to fix an issue is completely independent of how fast they can fix an issue.

How much they want to fix an issue is completely independent of how fast they can fix an issue.

:(

I JUST HATE the lightsabers with augment slots now. custom and elegant. just two

• Dev Post

Hey folks - just to make sure everyone concerned about this topic has seen our Q&A comments on it, here's what we said in the March 30th Community Q&A:

Players have expressed some dissatisfaction with endgame armor sets – can you comment on your plans for future endgame appearances?

Daniel Erickson: We have heard the community loud and clear when it comes to armor sets. What we’ve heard the players say is, “I don’t care how high level I get, I still want my core sets to look and feel like Star Wars and like my class - cooler but not crazy. Keep the crazy to optional gear.” I will warn that creating new armor is a part of our game with long lead times so it will take a set or so before players see a strong shift in direction but we’re already working on some stuff I love and I think players will too.

It's important to note the last bit about new armor sets having long lead times (meaning it may take a bit before you notice a change in direction), but we've definitely heard player feedback on this!

Hey folks - just to make sure everyone concerned about this topic has seen our Q&A comments on it, here's what we said in the March 30th Community Q&A:

It's important to note the last bit about new armor sets having long lead times (meaning it may take a bit before you notice a change in direction), but we've definitely heard player feedback on this!

In short people they are saying they are alredy making new clown armor and they wont stop what

they are doing, so we might not see actual star wars armor until maybe christmas or later.

I trust you guys but...

how awesome would it be if you were to say...post some concept art from the art dept. and let us vote?? SWG did something similar...players sent in their own art, the player base voted and the winners were given to us as in-game paintings.

Edited by MetalHed

:(

I JUST HATE the lightsabers with augment slots now. custom and elegant. just two

There's still the original 2 that could be augmented. The rancor fang and partially complete hilts. They take Biometric Crystal Alloys to craft, but they can still get an augment slot.

As we all know, (or should know) trying to please everyone will make it so that we will please no one.

They are trying for a futuristic look and I think they have succeeded. This in no way means I like it! Even some parts of today's fashion is completely beyond me. Yes, I would prefer some good looking gear for my multiple characters, not all the gear I find is to my liking. But, the game is still young, give them time.

Hmmmm, they have 6 movies, two prior video games that they themselves made, and multiple books and comics to choose from and instead they created this crap....Nope, no time. They had a ton of perfectly viable looks immediately in front of them and instead they went with this garbage.

Hmmmm, they have 6 movies, two prior video games that they themselves made, and multiple books and comics to choose from and instead they created this crap....Nope, no time. They had a ton of perfectly viable looks immediately in front of them and instead they went with this garbage.

There are a ton of those perfectly viable looks available to the player base, but people continue to complain about armor sets that are optional to wear.

Yep. The next set will not be as over the top and we'll have a bunch of threads saying how boring it looks and that they liked the previous tier better.

Roger that, but my Imperial agent had wings ... yeah you read that right - WINGS. The shoulder boards were big enough to achieve flight, but without the benefit.

Edited by GreySix

Tbh most folk would be happy looking like the people running about in the cinematic vids we watched before the game was released. Not some stupid steampunk stuff with blades/spikes hanging off it everywhere or the insectoid looking gear that's just completely not star wars at all.

We just want it to look like it came from the SW universe...........