Mandalorian Raiders Noob Question

Recently, I LFG'd for a flashpoint and got the Mandalorian Raiders. Things went well until we got to the Battle Royal Team or whatever..couldn't beat'em. I've done this flashpoint before and completed it. I think before we were able to stun one or two enemies before attacking, and this time we couldn't. Also, our tank only had about 3700 HP as opposed to my Mara with 7000 HP. Did the DEVs make this FP tougher or was my team under equipped?..thx.

I think before we were able to stun one or two enemies before attacking, and this time we couldn't.

The only one that you cannot CC on SM is the knight/warrior. On HM, you can't CC any of them. You might have been trying to CC the one guy that cannot be. If you're ever not sure, check the buffs on the target: there will always be a buff (generally "Boss Immunity") that describes all of their immunities, whether it be to CC, movement effects, or interrupts. It's entirely possible that, if you *were* CCing them properly, that they were being broken by AoE. I'm not sure, but I think that the healer (scoundrel/operative) might be able to cleanse CCs.

Also, our tank only had about 3700 HP as opposed to my Mara with 7000 HP.

That level of hp doesn't really matter. 3700 is pretty standard for the mid-20s. He was probably at the low end of the level range while you were at the high end.

If the group doesn't focus fire the bosses down, that group can be something of a pug killer, especially if people are going crazy with AoEs and breaking CC. It's pretty heal intensive so it might have been the healer rather than the tank.

Edited by Kitru

That level of hp doesn't really matter. 3700 is pretty standard for the mid-20s. He was probably at the low end of the level range while you were at the high end.

My level 26 operative has near 6000. Her equipment is made of various blue parts from level 20 to 25.

3700 is quite low, especially for a tank. That should have a limited impact if he's able to hold the aggro on the non CC opponents, the healer is good enough to keep him alive despite the low health (and maybe the low defense in general) and the DPS hit hard enough to remove the thread before the CC wake up.

Edited by Nkya

Since 2.0 on both SM and HM these guys have a buff that doesn't allow them to be CCed. The Warrior/Knight has the standard 'Boss Immunity' buff. The others have a new buff, I forget the name which states that they are immune to break on damage crowd control abilites. This is a new mechanic since HM Mandalorian Raiders was released, it was added to the story mode as well. It means that a kill order has to be decided upon before killing them. When we guild runs we usually do Warrior/Knight, Inquisitor/Consular, Agent/Smuggler and Bounty Hunter/Trooper as his buffed ability is the easiest to avoid.

My level 26 operative has near 6000. Her equipment is made of various blue parts from level 20 to 25.

3700 is quite low, especially for a tank.

Tank gear isn't actually all that different from DPS gear at those level ranges and, honestly, I tend to recommend that even tanks use DPS gear until they hit their 30s. A level 25 tank wearing roughly best DPS greens available (neither ear nor implant since many people don't end up getting them til later) is going to have about 4.2k hp. If they're using some less than stellar stuff, you can expect them to have less so 3.7k isn't really out the the realm of acceptability for even a leveling tank. Not everyone runs around covered in blues and purples while leveling, especially at the lower levels or with a first character (or f2p).

Not exactly a hard fight. Its more of a test to healers than anything.

Kill order is always Warrior/Knight > Inquisitor/Sage > Bounty Hunter/Trooper > Sniper/Gunslinger.

The kill order varies depending on who you run with as I've had people kill the agent before the BH or the BH then agent.

So the "last two killed" varies but it's definately always the Maurader first as he jumps around like a fool everywhere and generally pisses you off then the Sorc second. I haven't run Story mode in so long i can;t remember it. I've just only done the HM 55 recently for coms.

And the only time I ever ran into issues with it in HM is when the PUG healer i ran with only spammed AoE heals the entire FP so i kept dying and basically spammed my Defensives (I was the tank)

Edited by Spyderwraith

Everytime I've run it (albeit the lvl 55 HM version), the kill order on this on was to kill the guy in the middle first, then the one on the left, and finally try to burn the remaining two down in tandem.

Tank gear isn't actually all that different from DPS gear at those level ranges

I'm not challenging that even at higher level. Ableit, the max health is part of a character defense, something a Tank shall care of. Joining a level 25-30 flashpoint with stuff found on Dromund Kaas is optimistic.

In this specific fight 4 bosses should attack the tank and try to outrace the healer's spells before being removed by the DPS. Maybe the healer failed, maybe the DPS were too slow (however the OP cared his own gear,) but this tank might have about twice the health he had with proper gear, allowing the struggle to last twice longer or more.

Edited by Nkya

this tank might have about twice the health he had with proper gear, allowing the fight to last twice longer or more.

That's a bit fallacious. Tank hp simply determines how long they can go without getting any heals. If any heals are present, as long as the tank can avoid being one shot/killed in a single GCD/cast, the duration of the fight is more accurately determined by the effectiveness of the healer.

Also, the green loadout I mentioned is stuff you'd get from Nar Shaddaa, not Dromund Kaas.

Since 2.0 on both SM and HM these guys have a buff that doesn't allow them to be CCed. The Warrior/Knight has the standard 'Boss Immunity' buff. The others have a new buff, I forget the name which states that they are immune to break on damage crowd control abilites. This is a new mechanic since HM Mandalorian Raiders was released, it was added to the story mode as well.

I haven't run SM since 2.0 dropped, so this is good to know!

It means that a kill order has to be decided upon before killing them. When we guild runs we usually do Warrior/Knight, Inquisitor/Consular, Agent/Smuggler and Bounty Hunter/Trooper as his buffed ability is the easiest to avoid.

^^^^ Ditto.

Additionally, again with the caveat that I haven't done SM since 2.0 dropped, I've been successful doing the final two bosses two different ways (assuming the two Force users are down):

1. Do Agent/Smuggler then Trooper/BH as OC said

-OR

2. Burn them down simultaneously.

In HM, at least, the final boss enrages when the other three are down. Taking them both down at the same time negates that.

Also, seconding the suggestion to have everyone stack behind the sticky-outy pillar corner to the right of the stairs and have the Tank LOS pull them to that spot. It can make for some hectic visuals, but it allows people to do AOE attacks.

Since 2.0 on both SM and HM these guys have a buff that doesn't allow them to be CCed. The Warrior/Knight has the standard 'Boss Immunity' buff. The others have a new buff, I forget the name which states that they are immune to break on damage crowd control abilites. This is a new mechanic since HM Mandalorian Raiders was released, it was added to the story mode as well. It means that a kill order has to be decided upon before killing them. When we guild runs we usually do Warrior/Knight, Inquisitor/Consular, Agent/Smuggler and Bounty Hunter/Trooper as his buffed ability is the easiest to avoid.

correct

I don't recall ever seeing enrage on the Republic squad bosses. The last one will generally hit so hard with its AE that it feels like he's enraged, but unless the last one is Jedi Knight they can all be stunned so it really doesn't matter.

The non JK bosses have the buff 'Alertness' which makes them immune to crowd controling effects that break on damage.