Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is there a point in qing solo for ranked?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Is there a point in qing solo for ranked?

DavidAtkinson
09.15.2017 , 04:06 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by merovejec View Post
Well as I said, with my luck i just que, get some noob, farmer, afker, (havent seen hackers for a long time now) and end up losing, so Im not even actually gaining a rating. I got almost 1300 after initial 10 matches on Mara, but then it went only down
You need to stop worrying about your rating. Just play and enjoy the game. Get enough comms to buy the weapons and move on to the next season.

I bet that you are a so called " regstar". Do well in regs but somehow it just doesn't work out for you in ranked. You play on TRE ?

supertimtaf
09.15.2017 , 04:52 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by DavidAtkinson View Post
You need to stop worrying about your rating. Just play and enjoy the game. Get enough comms to buy the weapons and move on to the next season.

I bet that you are a so called " regstar". Do well in regs but somehow it just doesn't work out for you in ranked. You play on TRE ?
Well actually no, he's usually quite good in ranked from what I've seen. But... yeah, RNG is exciting. That's fun in a way, BW found another way to make you gear with rng. Still, problem is that this rng is good only when playing some class. I managed to win 200ratings in one night with my sin tank. Then the morning after, I lost every match... because «trauma regulator» or other fun thing. So I got back to 1200 :/
I think I'll rename my merc «heatseeker suppository» next time and I'll q ranked with it.
Eliadil - Deception Assassin The Red Eclipse

Feel free to use my referal link if you liked my help ! Free stuff for you and me !

Lundorff
09.15.2017 , 06:48 AM | #23
Yeah... we all seem to get that noob jugg in our team who dies in 5 seconds max yet he somehow becomes a champion when he is in enemy team and can't for the love of god kill him.

Like it has been said before, when this happens, you need to stop queing because you will lose all the rating you gained.
As a DPS jugg this sounds strangely familiar. I still recall the match where I was targeted by 2 sins + 1 merc. Needless to say I did not survive more than 30 seconds. But sometimes I manage to survive much longer and even live to the end.

I "always" end up taken at least ~250k damage before dying, but it's wildly random how long I survive.

Examples: https://i.imgur.com/kgXg827.jpg (especially the top left match was neat. Much dps )

DavidAtkinson
09.15.2017 , 07:30 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Lundorff View Post
As a DPS jugg this sounds strangely familiar. I still recall the match where I was targeted by 2 sins + 1 merc. Needless to say I did not survive more than 30 seconds. But sometimes I manage to survive much longer and even live to the end.

I "always" end up taken at least ~250k damage before dying, but it's wildly random how long I survive.

Examples: https://i.imgur.com/kgXg827.jpg (especially the top left match was neat. Much dps )
You depend on your team also... If they leave you to die while you are focused by 2 or 3 DPS, then you won't last long. This is the part where good jugg skanks make the difference. They do nothing but kite... kite... until their team kills off everyone and win the match.

The average ranked match is like this sadly. Very little team work.

Elusive_Thing
09.15.2017 , 07:56 AM | #25

This is just my experience (and therefore purely subjective), but quite often people who have played regs for ages and perform well can learn ranked relatively soon. Ranked is certainly different, but just having a good knowledge of your class, the pros and cons of others and ability to not panic under pressure goes a long way. Naturally it still takes practice, probably a great deal of it, but when it comes down to it, I'd rather have a regstar on my team than someone who is amazingly good at PvE, but has done just about enough games to acquire the PvP companion.

The first part of your post is on point. Try not to worry about the rating, it'll just distract you. Focus on the positive and keep playing if you enjoy it.

Foambreaker
09.15.2017 , 09:29 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by yellow_ View Post
Quote:
Win traders. Premades in the solo queue. Etc.

Besides even if you miraculously get a good score, the assumption is that all good scores obtained in solo cheated.

Just more reasons to queue grouped really, solo should be removed.
Oh boy who would have guessed foambreaker would post the same baseless nonsense in this solo ranked thread just like he does in every other solo ranked thread?
High solo rank eh?