Cross-Server Ranked WZs

Powderhorn

I vaguely recall a month or so ago that it was said somewhere by someone (remember, vaguely) that there would be no cross-server ranked WZs. I'm wondering if anyone else has also heard this, and/or if they have heard any updates to this.

My guild plays on a tiny server, "Deadweight". We know every half-way decent PvPer on our server, and their playstyle, to the point where we really don't even have to mark them, except to have a nice big icon letting us know where they're going to. Our guild is, quite literally, the best for PvP on the server. There isn't a shadow of a doubt in our minds of that fact. (It's to the point where if we get two of our premades on the same side, we'll start playing strip-WZs, where each time we score a point or get to a good delineation, we take off a piece of armor.)

What we do want to know: Are we a big fish in a tiny pond, or just an average fish in a tiny pond? The only way for us to know is through cross-server ranked WZs, which is why we're so keen for them.

http://www.darthhater.com/articles/swtor-news/20062-pax-east-2012-mmorpg-com-panel-with-james-ohlen

this was the transcription of his actual comments from the meeting

James OhlenWell, Star Wars:

The Old Republic is already out so I wont plug the gameplay because I am sure everyone already knows what that is. For 2012 we really want players to, going back to the subscription model, feel like they're getting their money's worth. So the scope of our game updates in 2012 is going to be unimaginable. You're going to see so many changes and additions to the Star Wars Universe, it's going to be impressive. We have our Update 1.2 coming in the next week and then after that it's going to continue to roll out month after month. It's exciting.