Constant "one time password"

MJ_Maverick

There is nothing one time about it!

Does anyone else get this every day when they try to log in? I know EA goes out of it's way to make it's customers suffer as some practical joke to see how long they can last and to ensure the following years "Worst Company" award; but, logging into this damn game feels harder than hacking into MI bloody 6.

It's a damn game, why does it take longer to log in than it does for my bank? I'm not going to have a nervous breakdown if someone hacks into my account from an IP address in Romania and steals all my stuff. It's hardly Eve Online.

/vent

Edited by MJ_Maverick

There is nothing one time about it!

Does anyone else get this every day when they try to log in? I know EA goes out of it's way to make it's customers suffer as some practical joke to see how long they can last and to ensure the following years "Worst Company" award; but, logging into this damn game feels harder than hacking into MI bloody 6.

It's a damn game, why does it take longer to log in than it does for my bank? I'm not going to have a nervous breakdown if someone hacks into my account from an IP address in Romania and steals all my stuff. It's hardly Eve Online.

/vent

One-time means you can only use it once, also worst company awards are pretty meaningless, it's like the razzies they get given to the loudest gripe not the most genuine one.

I finally broke down and got the mobile security key because the one-time logins were killing me. If I ever switch my phone again you will hear me scream on the forums how hard it will be to remove the key and a dd a new one. Apparently Bioware has to do it.

I finally broke down and got the mobile security key because the one-time logins were killing me. If I ever switch my phone again you will hear me scream on the forums how hard it will be to remove the key and a dd a new one. Apparently Bioware has to do it.

Nope, there is self service for removing your key now.

I know they made some changes to the one time password thing recently and it seems to have worked for most people, I haven't seen many complaints about it in a while. There may be something you can do to help if you look back through Phillip's most recent posts.

Edited by chuixupu

I know they made some changes to the one time password thing recently and it seems to have worked for most people, I haven't seen many complaints about it in a while. There may be something you can do to help if you look back through Phillip's most recent posts.

I didn't know that. I thought that if you upgraded your phone Bioware had to remove the key, and then you could add thenew key and tie it to your account. I'll look that info up.

OK is there a link somewhere? If I search on the support page I get this message; i highlighted in red the discrepancy

Will I need to add a new Mobile Security Key if I upgrade my mobile phone?

If you upgrade or change your phone, you will have to remove your existing Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Security Key from your account before downloading and attaching a new Mobile Security Key. For security reasons, it is not possible to remove a Security Key from your account yourself; in order to do so you will need to contact our Account and Billing Customer Service Team via the phone.

Once Customer Service successfully remove your Mobile Security Key from your account, you can attach a new Security Key to your account via the Account Management page. For further information on Security Keys, including how to set up a new Physical or Mobile Security Key, please visit our Help Center article, located here http://www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter/4069.