Is there a class that reminds you of Wow's Retripaladin?

Heslig

Pretty much what the title asked for. I just bought the game and I'm really uncertain when it comes to choosing what class I should play, but since I always loved paladins, I'd like to play something which reminds of of said class.

Jedi sentinal, middle tree. Can't think of the name right now but it's the middle tree. (sith have same class)

It plays a lot like the classic ret pally.

Go here to take a look at the skill tree.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#501.1

Oh and by the way, going in 1 talent tree can completely change the way the class plays. For example as a jedi sage if you use the middle tree you turn into an ele shaman and if you go down the right tree it turns you into a shadow priest.

idk there is no real translation. especially in abilities. i mean the jedi knight could concievebly play like a paladin if you go sentinal. there are some trees that do dot dmg and there are some abilities that are sort of the same.

i dont know if their is a direct translation. jedi knight would be most comfortable. since it is a melee combat chatacter with spells

Pretty much what the title asked for. I just bought the game and I'm really uncertain when it comes to choosing what class I should play, but since I always loved paladins, I'd like to play something which reminds of of said class.

There isn't one class that has everything a Paladin has but there are several classes with parts of a Paladin. What about a Paladin did you like most? The heavily armored melee fighter? A few spells and heals? Something else?

Advance prototype.

No snare, No charge, hell man even a hand of freedom.

Gotta agree, Bounty Hunter Powertech reminds me a lot of a retridin. Advanced Prototype with it's 'Hand of Freedom', or Pyrotech with its 'Pop all CD's and nuke, then hide in a cave till CD's are ready again' playstyle.

I mained a WoW paladin from 2005-2011, as ret the majority of the time from SSC/TK through the first tier of Cataclysm. Believe me, the last thing I wanted to find coming into SWTOR was a Paladin, and I can happily say that I didn't.

The melee classes just don't feel like a Paladin. Knights feel considerably more like Warriors to me at best, and Death Knights at worst, and Consular Shadows are decidedly more Rogue-like.

Your mileage may vary, and others may see more of the holy tin cans in some AC / skill tree combinations, but it just isn't there for me.

Something like a Ret Paladin? Vigilance Guardian.

Absurdly underpowered compared to other DPS specs, has no viable use in PvP and most of the playerbase hates it when they find out you aren't Prot (Defense).

Vanilla/BC Ret Pally here. That sounds exactly right.

Which version of the ret paladin are we talking about? There've been so many :p

On general feel, I'd probably say the carnage marauder makes a good fit for the older incarnations. It so very much mirrors the old "wait for my weapon to proc and then pray" playstyle.

Powertech would be close to the modern incarnations of the class.

And then finally something like the Vengeance Juggernaut sums up the classic view of Retadins: Not enough DPS, no tools and bringing squat to the table, why didn't you spec tank like you're supposed to?

My first thought as far as the melee dps aspect was to say Jedi Guardian. And add to that the"holy warrior" thing they have going, the two handed single bladed lightsaber, and heavy armor and it has a similar feel. Don't know enough about Vanguards/Powertechs but I suppose they're close as well. Edited by Leiloni