Unable to customize Lana Beniko's armor?

Sacstar

Come on Bioware! We are unable to customize Lana Beniko's armor? Everywhere I go all I see are clones of my companion Lana Beniko. Why would you not allow us change her armor? Please add this feature in the VERY near future. I really enjoyed her character in the previous expansion and I would like to use her as a companion. Someone said to refer to the patch notes, but I did not find anything specifically regarding this issue. Yes, I believe this to be an issue. We should be able to make our companions look different from other player's companions. Please fix this. :mad:

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes i agree with you on her armor. i want custom all my comp and followers! i have more fun making them look awesome. people rage about pve force them to pvp. first i like to point out no one is forcing you do nothing. So you wont get that follower no big deal.

I hope they fix this as well, as much as I like Lana, I would never use her outside story stuff because she will look exactly the same as EVERY other Lana...thats no fun. Soon as I get Ashara back, the new folks are going exclusively crafting...

It makes me sad that a choice like this is probably seen as immersive and a creative decision, but many will just end up seeing as boring and undesirable, like me

Edited by sinisterwaffle

I hope they fix this as well, as much as I like Lana, I would never use her outside story stuff because she will look exactly the same as EVERY other Lana...thats no fun. Soon as I get Ashara back, the new folks are going exclusively crafting...

It makes me sad that a choice like this is probably seen as immersive and a creative decision, but many will just end up seeing as boring and undesirable, like me

This. Customization and companion customization was always one of this game's major strong points. The new companions have such a rich storyline and tie into KOTFE so well...but without being able to customize them it kinda feels like I'm just "borrowing" them from the main story. It doesn't feel like they are truly part of my crew/alliance.

I also will most likely be using a lot of them for crafting only once I can access my old companions, unless there is some sort of patch to fix this. We'll see :D

While I agree with you I just chucked it up to the way they handled armor in DA2 stating "they choose to wear what they like." Hope this changes though, I've got some neat ideas to dress up Theran.

The DA devs learned quickly that it was a mistake, and specifically promoted how they'd done away with that system in DA:I.

This. Customization and companion customization was always one of this game's major strong points. The new companions have such a rich storyline and tie into KOTFE so well...but without being able to customize them it kinda feels like I'm just "borrowing" them from the main story. It doesn't feel like they are truly part of my crew/alliance.

I also will most likely be using a lot of them for crafting only once I can access my old companions, unless there is some sort of patch to fix this. We'll see :D

I do hope we soon get this fixed. Who the hell was behind this decision? Removing the ability to add cosmetic gear to NEW companions was an idiotic decision.

If does not get fixed, well, KOTFE is a lot less enjoyable for me.

Customizing characters and companions plays a HUGE role in many player's games, if customization is limited, those players will definitely be angry, and in many cases, many of them leave.

So this better be fixed soon.

While I think Lana's look is pretty darn good, it wouldn't be bad to be able to fully customize the new companions.

Another thing that bugs me is how my ship now echoes its emptiness.... only HK-51 remains in the ship out of my numerous companions. Theres not even 2v, the ship droid.

ps. this should be in the suggestions.

Edited by Karkais

Quoted for TRUTH! PLEASE Listen BW!

Edited by ImmortalLowlife

This was also a big concern for me. :C

I just assumed that perhaps eventually, once we got to a certain point in the story, we'd be able to customize them. However, it seems quite clear what they're going for. Not only are we not able to customize companion armor, but if you replace their weapon ingame, it doesn't represent in the cutscenes. They still display the weapons they're intended to have. This is rather telling of what was intended.

I completely understand the creative decision to keep the characters within their defined, prescribed parameters, but it is still quite saddening. However, if you look back on all the previous content in the game, you'll notice that you're not able to customize anyone but your followers... And when you realize that Lana, Theron, Senya and Koth are all the main characters of the storyline you begin to understand why they didn't want you customizing them. At least not yet.

That being said, it's disheartening to see something like this happen when we've already been able to equip our companions in the past. The issue is when you begin removing features; taking away things largely adored by the majority. If companions were not customizable from the start, this decision would've made more sense and would've been consistent with the rest of the game.

I do hope that at some point, we'll be able to equip them, even if it's after all the story content (which is fantastic thus far, btw. Well done BioWare. Let's just hope EA doesn't start charging us for each episode in the future).

Edit: One thing for the devs to also note is that there is an unfortunate side effect of this particular decision. In the pursuit of trying to make the game more immersive, you may have made it less so. Not being able to interact with our companions in the manner we have before can lead us to become detached. It certainly has with me, and after witnessing the death of a certain companion, I'm afraid to get more attached to any of the others as I'm afraid they might be taken away from us in the next chapter. If this was indeed the case, to avoid getting attached to our companions lest they die... What was the point? And what was the point of even implementing a companion inventory reclamation system? Sure, to retrieve any weapon we may have equipped them with, but this could easily be used to retrieve their armor as well (were we able to equip them with such).

Edited by LindsLektra

It may be possible that not being able to customize them is a signal that they are NOT part of our actual crew yet. As there have already been main characters that have been killed off, we have to consider the possibility that any / all of the main characters might not be permanent.

While I agree with you I just chucked it up to the way they handled armor in DA2 stating "they choose to wear what they like." Hope this changes though, I've got some neat ideas to dress up Theran.

Lana was poor before, working on a civil servant's salary, but I'm rather wealthy and I can buy her all the things she's previously denied herself. I've seen her eyeing the scalene armor...I think it's a bit over the top but I can refuse her nothing.

Lana beniko in slave outfit. Probably because of this.

At least i would put her in.

... Really? You're one of those kids.

Anyways, how come i've never seen in all my playtime people and their companions running with slave, dancer etc outfits. It seems that nobody bothers even using 'em.

I for one prefer to have clothes on. And for Lana, all i want is to have her wearing the same armor as i am. That's all i ask.

/signed /stamped /ratified

The fact that we can't customize some of these new comps is just plain wrong. And what's up with removing some of the customization options from the old ones??? Yuun can't wear gloves? There are other weird ones as well that are missing just one or two items.

(and no - I am not referring to comps that have heads that don't allow helmets to be put on)

I bet all the new companions have "Asharaitis"... they're just a floating head.

In other words, no body textures. This refers to when the game first came out, if you changed Ashara's armor, any skin would show as invisible. I bet BW cut corners with all the new companions, and they're all just floating heads now...

Well, if the new companions don't have body textures, they could just slap a "bodysuit" on them like Vector has or like the companions that didn't used to have skin textures had.

This would also prevent people from dressing them in skimpy gear -- though honestly, I can't imagine that being an issue to Bioware. If it was, they wouldn't have added so much skimpy gear to the game in the first place, let alone allowed us to dress our original companions! Not to mention that there are plenty of ways to make a companion look ridiculous and/or "out of character" without using skimpy gear. I'm sure Lana would look quite fetching in this set dyed pink and white. :p

Bioware seriously needs to ANSWER this question. Do they, or do they not, have plans to change this?

They don't have to answer the question actually. If they wish to make changes to this, they will tell us, when they are prepared to. Not when you say so.