Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

betrayal is the theme for this game onward? (spoiler)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
betrayal is the theme for this game onward? (spoiler)

Khartu
10.16.2017 , 08:29 AM | #21
Betrayal must be handled deftly and subtly. It's a human element of great stories. However, if it becomes a theme it means you are doing it wrong. I would say it's a very heavy-handed element at this point.

DuchessKristania
10.16.2017 , 09:03 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Costello View Post
Likewise, for any in doubt about Theron go back and play Iokath knowing what you know now. I just did it on my agent, his LI is coming back. When the god of rage talks of the betrayer he tells you that Theron is filled with rage, that he has brought you there to be Sacrificed. That is not the act of a double agent, that is someone who hates you and wants you dead. Likewise you get told the traitor started the war by inviting the Sith and the Republic to the planet together, its just a wonder how he knew of the super weapon but no one else did.This is not the actions of someone that wants peace, his just reignited the war. More so by informing his father of the weapon he led to his own fathers death. There is no oh but I was doing it all for your good. You tried to sacrifice me and even though the explosions didn't kill me (which you had no way of knowing) and I didn't end up like Malcom I was still out for days. Oh but you knew I'd survive, just like you knew I'd survive a train crash and restarting a war is for peace. Theron has betrayed you 100% and there is no redemption in that arc, when you go back through you see there is no grey and its all for the good of the commander. His now tried to kill you twice, restarted a war between the Empire and Republic and is now selling Alliance Secrets.

Let me start by saying, you bring up some very good points. I just really hope you're wrong about them, lol.

I do personally feel that the train incident looked staged. He aims at you but hits Lana with a clearly non-lethal blast. Then he shoots out the window immediately after that and before shooting the controls. I'm hoping that that those were hints that he didn't really want to kill you and was trying to provide an escape route for you. Now, I could just be giving the writing more crdit than it deserves but I'm going to keep my fingers crossed.

kodrac
10.16.2017 , 10:33 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by KumbayaGOD View Post
like title said , bioware please be creative for once , can you guys not make betrayal as main theme going forward

1. scorpio betrayal
2. koth betrayal
3.senya betrayal
4. and now theron betrayal

see the pattern here ?
Yep. It's definitely Col. Mustard with the rope in the library.
Quote: Originally Posted by Soljin View Post
I can't tap dance... So I don't try to give lessons...

HuaRya
10.16.2017 , 10:46 AM | #24
The writers tend to gush over the Game of Thrones Template as do the new Star Trek Discovery writers. That is why the Orville is the new Star Trek emulating 80's and 90's sci-fi instead of the current tripe.

devilkat
10.16.2017 , 10:50 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by HuaRya View Post
The writers tend to gush over the Game of Thrones Template as do the new Star Trek Discovery writers. That is why the Orville is the new Star Trek emulating 80's and 90's sci-fi instead of the current tripe.
GoT is the worst thing to model after. Everyone DIES!!! Unless they are going for ending the Alliance by simply killing off everyone, including our characters, then starting over as someone else. That'd be kind of interesting....
"My last partner didn't complain nearly this much"
"Your last partner got CRUSHED to death"
"AND NEVER ONCE COMPLAINED ABOUT IT"

DuchessKristania
10.16.2017 , 12:51 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by devilkat View Post
GoT is the worst thing to model after. Everyone DIES!!! Unless they are going for ending the Alliance by simply killing off everyone, including our characters, then starting over as someone else. That'd be kind of interesting....
I love GoT but I don't want to play it in a glaxay far far away, lol. You're right, we'd all end up dead or sleeping with relatives, rofl! The next twist in the story will be that whichever companion we've romanced is a sibling.

IoNonSoEVero
10.16.2017 , 12:58 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by DuchessKristania View Post
I love GoT but I don't want to play it in a glaxay far far away, lol. You're right, we'd all end up dead or sleeping with relatives, rofl! The next twist in the story will be that whichever companion we've romanced is a sibling.
I agree - let GoT be GoT, but let SWTOR be itself, too. Even if the show is very immersive, it's a bit different to watch a show and worry about everyone dying or betraying others, than it is to be *in* the game as a first-person player, interacting with companions and romancing them, and worrying if they will die or betray you.

Quraswren
10.16.2017 , 01:24 PM | #28
like title said , bioware please be creative for once , can you guys not make betrayal as main theme going forward

1. scorpio betrayal
2. koth betrayal
3.senya betrayal

see the pattern here ?
It's kind of like thier other go to plot device:
"What! Another super weapon."

At some point you would think they would do something else but apparently not. I've just started killing the all for the drama they created. Kinda like what will happen to theron. He's dead for causing more stupid drama than needed.
Current subscriber: Refer code: http://www.swtor.com/r/t4QfLH
What you get: http://www.swtor.com/info/friends

Xina_LA
10.16.2017 , 01:47 PM | #29

1. scorpio betrayal
2. koth betrayal
3.senya betrayal

see the pattern here ?
If you add in the betrayals of the class stories and some of the side missions, I really see your point.
Hopefully there won't be any betrayals from within or super-weapons past this point.
--=# Decorating addict of Satele Shan server. #=--

xordevoreaux
10.16.2017 , 02:06 PM | #30
Be grateful of all the ways the story line never went:

1. You were abducted by a pack of wild jawas and raised among droids until finding out Yuon Paar is your mother.

2. Corso blames you every chance he gets for allowing his little brother, Private Farn, to die on Ord Mantel at the hands of his corrupt commanding officer.

3. After revealing that Flingeld was lying about asking you to help him lift the rock, anger seethes within him and he falls to the dark side, subsequently wiping out everyone in the Jedi temple and ending your story line a bit early.

4. A time-travelling Jar Jar Binks arrives just in time to completely screw up that great romance you were getting on with Jaesa.

Yes folks, it could have been worse.
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/F4XbCd
In English, a leading X on a word is pronounced like a Z. (zorDEVoro).