certain flashpoint people, maybe a bit too serious?

[quote name='Shariva']Those explosions come after a certain time anyway. Like you, I have been in guild runs where people also on purpose pulled those droids into groups to try and kill as many around themselves. Having been the victom of those pulls on a few occasions, I can still laugh about it. After that, I get rezzed, rezz others and still make the same remark. And is that an excuse to throw a hissy fit when someone makes a joke about it? Not in my opinion. Even as a pug you know that it can happen. In fact, in a PUG, one can basically automatically assume there's going to be a wipe at some point. If there is not, fantastic. If there is, to bad. I have been in PUG's that wiped more then I cared for. Should I have left after one or two wipes? Should I have expected that every PUG I join is flawless and completes every instance (FP or raid) in record time without a single death? If people expect this, then they shouldn't join a PUG; either advertised or via the groupfinder. PUG's are just that; random people together in a group. They don't know eachother, they don't understand eachother's playstyle and are most likely to misunderstand eachother. If this is not what people want, then pardon me but keep it to guild runs. There you can set higher standards then in a PUG.[/QUOTE] not an excuse. an explanation. I don't have higher standards for pugs. and I do mainly keep to guild runs these days. I'm just attempting to explain WHY some pugs may throw hissy fits. patience is much MUCH lower for people usually, when they are in a pug. BECAUSE they don't know each other, they don't take jokes the same way. (and btw, I still laugh at those droids taking out people, I just don't engage in deliberate murder anymore) in other words. if you cannot handle pugs throwing occasional hissy fits? maybe you should stick to guild runs where your jokes are appreciated?

It's kinda pissing off when ppl get too serious on this game when ppl like myself play to de-stress from work, not to add more stress in my life!

Instances

1) Nobody talks about tactic/strategy, basically no one talks on chat and gets all pissed when I wasn't "acting" as my role.

2) I ask beforehand what strategy and ppl go "oh its just a game, lets play for fun" then goes all pissy when I don't do something according to what they expect (like I can read minds).

3) Expecting a Jedi knight character to help them deal damage to enemies at a RANGE when we have light sabers, not guns.

There are a few more, I'll include them when I can remember them lol

not an excuse. an explanation. I don't have higher standards for pugs. and I do mainly keep to guild runs these days. I'm just attempting to explain WHY some pugs may throw hissy fits. patience is much MUCH lower for people usually, when they are in a pug. BECAUSE they don't know each other, they don't take jokes the same way.

(and btw, I still laugh at those droids taking out people, I just don't engage in deliberate murder anymore)

in other words. if you cannot handle pugs throwing occasional hissy fits? maybe you should stick to guild runs where your jokes are appreciated?

How I wish I could stick to guild runs. Unforunately, with the arrival of Elder SCrolls Online, most of my guild has defected to that game. Leaving me with two options. The first is using the groupfinder to enter a flashpoint (there is another fun thread about that) or by means of the advertisements in general chat.

But the point I was trying to make is that when I have to put up with some extremely serious people, shouldn't that mean they can put up with me making a joke every now and then? If not, it seems to me there's a double standard. But, like you pointed out, it might very well have to do with patience these days. I can take the occasional hissy fit, I'll just shrug and move on. If others can't take a joking remark, I'll jut accept that they're on a short fuse. And then also shrug and carry on.

How I wish I could stick to guild runs. Unforunately, with the arrival of Elder SCrolls Online, most of my guild has defected to that game. Leaving me with two options. The first is using the groupfinder to enter a flashpoint (there is another fun thread about that) or by means of the advertisements in general chat.

But the point I was trying to make is that when I have to put up with some extremely serious people, shouldn't that mean they can put up with me making a joke every now and then? If not, it seems to me there's a double standard. But, like you pointed out, it might very well have to do with patience these days. I can take the occasional hissy fit, I'll just shrug and move on. If others can't take a joking remark, I'll jut accept that they're on a short fuse. And then also shrug and carry on.

awww, that sucks. we had a few guildies try out ESO, but as far as I know, only one stuck around with it, but he still comes to raid with us, so there's that...

and its possibly a double standard but really more of a ... you cannot control other people's behavior, only yours. even when they might be unreasonable and/or unfun.

I joke in chat sometimes, during pugs. some of the time - it loosens people up and they chat in return. othertimes, I might get silence in return, or grumbles. in those cases, depending on my mood/how the run is going in general, I stick around quietly or wish them luck and leave. or as you said shrug and carry on. because honestly, what else can you do? can't make someone laugh if they don't want to.

that said, some of my best runs were/are with people who are both fun in chat AND competent (or at least willing to learn) becasue being competent doesn't mean you take the game too seriously or whatever, it just means you like to kick virtual butt.

Believe it or not I have been shouted at by the tank and healer for spamming Kolto aoe heals in between DPS bursts on my Arsenal merc ! How the hell can generally chipping in and helping the team be a bad thing?? !!!

One thing I DO get miffed with though as a tank is when people blast mobs away from me (merc, sorc etc) as it makes em scattered and hard to pick up again. To be honest though, it doesn't upset me enough to mention it if it's only a couple of times...

If there is a tank, the tank pulls first. That is the rule, if you break the rule then you might get yelled at.

Everyone watches the tank to know when to engage, if the healer starts the fight the tank has to work harder to pull aggro away from the healer and back to him. I would imagine if I was a tank that would annoy me.

As far as tacticals, if you can clear it who cares. No rules, they are too easy.

But when tacticals pop if I see more than one person specced heals i will not join, slows things down. Tacticals should have a max of one tank and/or one healer. More than one tank or healer its gonna be slow.

Believe it or not I have been shouted at by the tank and healer for spamming Kolto aoe heals in between DPS bursts on my Arsenal merc ! How the hell can generally chipping in and helping the team be a bad thing?? !!!

I've been shouted at for using AMP as Gunnery (Healing Scan for Merc)...

Edited by Halinalle

If there is a tank, the tank pulls first. That is the rule, if you break the rule then you might get yelled at.

I'm SO MUCH used to this rule that I've become very, very, very shy and reluctant to pulling the bosses - with my tank ! No trolling here !

I'm still very, very, very unsure - as a tank - whether I do things right or wrong. I have never had any mentor who tels me if what I did was okay or not. EVERY major fight I'm more than glad that nobody had died, because THEN I could be yelled at for having lost aggro ...

My tank is level 22 now ...

With so many rules to cover, becoming an Newbie tank is really hard. "Have I trespassed rule A ? Have I trespassed rule B ? Have I trespassed rule C ? Did I hold aggro long enough ? Did I do enougfh damage ? Did I keep the enemies away from the DDs and the healer(s) ? Did I do everything right ?"

You all of course don't have these problems, because you are tank professionals. You know your way, you know how to adhere to these rules, you know how to perform well.

But I don't. The learning curve is so much more steep than for an DD.

It is good practice and fun to play the game properly not just anything old thing, like a marauder dps who just completely overruns the tank and takes masses of dmg and the tanks fighting to gain some and the healers working real hard to keep up.

Most of the time you do what you like esp in tactical theres no set roles in there but if people keep dying in FP HM like the czerkas then its time to look at playing your role properly and theres practice before to ensure you can do that, esp when you move into ops and DF/DP and HM ones too you'll need to know what you are and can do but yeah no harm no foul is the general rule right.

One thing I DO get miffed with though as a tank is when people blast mobs away from me (merc, sorc etc) as it makes em scattered and hard to pick up again. To be honest though, it doesn't upset me enough to mention it if it's only a couple of times...

Well, in relation to them yelling at you for spaming Kolto missles, i think the healer is jealous! ^.^ I do it all of the time even though im not spec'd for it. It often does a lot of good, and has even gotten my team out of a scrape when the healer ran out of force. In relation to the later, i can understand your feelings a little bit, but theres no need to yell imo. I find that most often, a gentle reminder is more effective than yelling at somebody lol. Yelling usually raises their ire, and then they can rage quit lol. Next time if they bark at you for using kolto missles, dont do it, and then, if they all go and die, you can say, "See, THATS why i was using kolto missles :rak_03: "

Edited by _Vercingetorx_

I admit. I get annoyed sometimes when dps is "helping" me with heals. mainly becasue at the point its honestly not needed. if I'm running a flashpoint in a full 180 gear with 4 piece 180 set bonus, TRUST me, I GOT this. I wouldn't yell becasue I reserve complaints for things that can actualy jeopardize the run, like pulling before the tank, but it can still be annoying. becasue it feels like your dps doesn't trust you to keep them safe and healed, it feels like you are being told you are not good enough to handle it.

I do appreciate well placed off healing from dps, but IMO, its not well place when the group is hovering above 90%, I'm at full energy and we are just going through regular trash pulls.

aaaaanyways

when you are spamming heals (I'm guessing on cooldown? and kolto missile has a pretty short cooldown too) when they are not particularly needed, even if you think you are doing it to help out, what you are really doing is using your global cooldowns for something other than dps making things die slower. its actualy not as helpful as you think.

Edited by Jeweledleah

Everyone watches the tank to know when to engage, if the healer starts the fight the tank has to work harder to pull aggro away from the healer and back to him. I would imagine if I was a tank that would annoy me.

As far as tacticals, if you can clear it who cares. No rules, they are too easy.

But when tacticals pop if I see more than one person specced heals i will not join, slows things down. Tacticals should have a max of one tank and/or one healer. More than one tank or healer its gonna be slow.

Two healers is usually not a problem, and I find more often than not one of the 'healers' isn't even really in a healing spec. Some of the fastest groups I've had included two healers.

Two tanks is an automatic decline. Talk about slow and painful. The worst groups I've had to endure included two tanks.

Anyways tactical FPs are a joke, and really the only important thing is to work together (at least as best as possible) as they go so much faster as a team than with people running around doing their own thing.

And worrying about someone dps-ing when they have the little healer icon next to their frame when the group is all alive and doing fine is just asinine.

Edited by DawnAskham

Two healers is usually not a problem, and I find more often than not one of the 'healers' isn't even really in a healing spec. Some of the fastest groups I've had included two healers.

Two tanks is an automatic decline. Talk about slow and painful. The worst groups I've had to endure included two tanks

Yeah, I did a 2 healers once and it went quite well. They both mostly dpsed with a bit of off-healing.

Then there was the time I got a group with 4 full tanks (including me :))

That was slooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwww.

I admit. I get annoyed sometimes when dps is "helping" me with heals. mainly becasue at the point its honestly not needed. if I'm running a flashpoint in a full 180 gear with 4 piece 180 set bonus, TRUST me, I GOT this. I wouldn't yell becasue I reserve complaints for things that can actualy jeopardize the run, like pulling before the tank, but it can still be annoying. becasue it feels like your dps doesn't trust you to keep them safe and healed, it feels like you are being told you are not good enough to handle it.

I do appreciate well placed off healing from dps, but IMO, its not well place when the group is hovering above 90%, I'm at full energy and we are just going through regular trash pulls.

aaaaanyways

when you are spamming heals (I'm guessing on cooldown? and kolto missile has a pretty short cooldown too) when they are not particularly needed, even if you think you are doing it to help out, what you are really doing is using your global cooldowns for something other than dps making things die slower. its actualy not as helpful as you think.

Speaking for myself, that wouldnt be my intention. If i heal at all while im DPS-ing its only when either the healer is low / out of force or energy cells etc. or, the healer is busy healing the tank, and a DPS is running low on health. Its not the healers fault. He or She is healing their heart out, and some less experienced dps goes and pulls a big group of adds, will the tank is busy fighting a boss, and gets in a little to far over his head. Then ill send a med-scan or kolto missile his way. In between fights, when were all standing around, i might blast one in the middle of us, just as a top-off, but as a rule of thumb, i only deviate from DPS-ing IF and only IF it is necessary.

Healers have one of the toughest jobs in game, and they get far to little credit for there role. Way to go healers!

Two tanks is an automatic decline. Talk about slow and painful. The worst groups I've had to endure included two tanks.

You have never been in group with two Shadows/Assassins then.

Not only they do more damage than Knight/BH but the amount of debuffed mobs... Just priceless.

Wouldn't it be even faster if you solo it with your Sorc/Sage?

Edited by Halinalle

In tacts, I don't expect anything from anyone. If you come in and you're a healer, I'm not going to expect heals from you and nothing else. If you're dpsing... good! If you throw out a heal every now and then, I thank you very much :) I don't expect tanks to tank if they don't want to. Let them dps, I don't care. All I ask is that between fights, when your health is getting low... for the love of god heal yourself! Gain your force back, lower your heat! All of the mobs in these tacts are easy to handle, if you no your cds and defensive abilities and use them. In a group of 4 dps'ers.. you have no choice but to.

In flashpoints though, it's a whole other story. Respect the roles and play yours. As a dps, yes I might run ahead. But I never.. never... pull first. I'll sit/stand until the tank makes his move and has threat, before I attack. I haven't been slammed yet by tanks, so I must be doing something right.

You have never been in group with two Shadows/Assassins then.

Not only they do more damage than Knight/BH but the amount of debuffed mobs... Just priceless.

Wouldn't it be even faster if you solo it with your Sorc/Sage?

I'm afraid i must respectfully disagree. I personally love shadows, but do dislike 2 tank runs. Granted its faster with 2 assassins or shadows, but if 1 is spec'd for tank, and the other is spec'd for dps, then maybe it would go faster, but 2 shadows spec'd for tank, wont go fast. They are powerful imo, but in DPS terms, Mercenaries and powertechs, are far more powerful. Granted one is ranged dps, and the other is melee, but my fastest runs of KDY and the like, have been with a Assassin (tank), 2 Merc (DPS) and a Sith Sorc (heal). I have blasted through tac flashpoints with groups like that.

In tacts, I don't expect anything from anyone. If you come in and you're a healer, I'm not going to expect heals from you and nothing else. If you're dpsing... good! If you throw out a heal every now and then, I thank you very much :) I don't expect tanks to tank if they don't want to. Let them dps, I don't care. All I ask is that between fights, when your health is getting low... for the love of god heal yourself! Gain your force back, lower your heat! All of the mobs in these tacts are easy to handle, if you no your cds and defensive abilities and use them. In a group of 4 dps'ers.. you have no choice but to.

In flashpoints though, it's a whole other story. Respect the roles and play yours.

I agree. With KDY, whoever knows the Flashpoint is the "Tactical Leader" for me. The last time I did KDY, the Tactical Leader was a Scoundrel. They'd start the fights using Disappearing Act, and CC the most powerful mobs. There was a Tank who waited with the rest of us, and then we all went after whatever wasn't CC.

The best KDY runs I've had shared two things in common: a little communication ("Everyone/anyone done this one before?" or "Let's go after that next."), and no one running off by themselves, initiating fights solo.

I don't expect a trinity playstyle in KDY. Tanks don't have to be the ones to start KDY fights. Healers can heal, or fight. DPS, well, do that DPS. When I did KDY as a Commando I went in as DPS, but I did whatever was most useful for the group be it tossing out some heals, or focusing on solely on DPS.

Edited by Nmyownworld

a few times, although rare (about 1/20 times) i will do a tactical flashpoint as my sorc, which i sometimes switch to heals, although lightning is my favorite. i will not aggro anything unless it's just a small, 4-pack group of standard NPCs, and i keep my teammates all patched up and fine.

whenever i feel satisfied that my peeps are well-off and not in any danger ( anywhere between 100-85% health), i peck at some enemies that are low on health, being ignored, and pumping some unwanted damage on my teammates. i felt, "oh well, i have attacks, might as well make use of them...", so i do! turns out, some people, yet very few of the population though, will get pretty pissed if you do anything but healing.

^That is the description of a group that isn't very serious imo.

A serious group would be annoyed that healer wasn't keeping them topped off at 100% and doing like 900 dps.

It sounds like they were just rude ultra casuals.

Tacticals cheese me off because of stupid behavior from DPS players. I roll in them as tanks. I prefer 1 tank (me, durr) with 3 dps to run them. If I can't get that set-up, I'll take 1 tank, 1 healer, 2 dps, since that's nearly as good. If I ever get a pop for a TFP with more than one tank or healer, I'll decline it and reque. I hate slow runs.

Now, the stupid TFP behavior that annoys me: I hate tunnel visioning dps that never think to use one of the kolto panels to heal the group. Tactical Flashpoint groups benefit from the order I can bring to a fight. There is no question that 1x tank 3x dps burns through these things faster than 4x dps because duh, you can kill faster if you don't have to keep yourself alive. I've seen way too many deeps in full 180's die like dogs to be convinced otherwise. I'm not asking for much in return for the valuable service I provide, just click the *********** panels and heal me if I can't get to one, or better yet, heal yourself.

Actually that last one is the worst. Why don't the dps HEAL themselves? Last night I watched two marauders kill themselves during the sandstorm fight in meltdown because they wouldn't go for a panel. What the heck? Is the tunnel vision that bad? Are they that used to having their hands held by a healer? What's the deal?