Get rid of subscription

buddydogputin

Well let's see, I am a subscriber to ESO so I will correct your mistakes. 1) Inventory space is paid for with in game coin; 2) there are no such things are loot boxes per se. There are crown crates which is exactly what the SWTOR cartel crates are; 3) ESO does not limit the game mechanics to anyone. They don't tell you that you can only have 3 skill bars; they don't make you pay for dungeons. So in fact, you have no idea what ESO is doing. Most of the players in ESO are not subscribers and ESO does so much better than SWTOR in keeping players in the game. SWTOR needs to do something because players in the game are sparse. Yes, I'm a subscriber to both ESO and SWTOR but that doesn't mean that SWTOR's model is any good. It isn't. If it was, players wouldn't have left in droves.

Well, let's see. I am also a subscriber to ESO so I will correct your semantic word games.

<<sips martini>>

1) Inventory space is 'technically' controlled through in-game coin. You get a boost from 60 to 70 at level 12, the purchasing price up to 110 is pretty reasonable, then you go to stable masters to (eventually) get to +60.

This is irrelevant, though, since it is PATENTLY clear the poster was referring to the Crafting Bag. For those not in the know -- in ESO, every character can harvest every kind of resource (obviously determined by level of character) -- you don't pick and choose. The way ESO hooks you in for a subscription is that your Crafting Bag is shared across all characters and is limitless.

The next reasonable question is: Who cares? Well, and this is debatable -- there is a strong case to be made that crafting in ESO is more rewarding than in SWTOR. Like all MMORPGs, there are consumables that matter, but in ESO, there are craftable armor sets that are in spitting distance of BiS.

2) Your second point is just semantics.

3) Your point about limiting game experience has some merit -- but the example you chose is terrible. For those who don't know, you have a maximum of 10 abilities, 5 new ones are unlocked at level 15 when you can weapon swap. Skill bar access is non-comparable. You were just trying to score debating points.

ESO is kicking SWTOR's butt for a very simple reason -- CONTENT. Yes, the quests are a mile wild and an inch deep, but it is at least new content.

Bottom line: SWTOR limits you through abilities and content / ESO limits you through QoL.

Dasty

P.S. I'm a 810 CP / Max level every class, including Necro released 5/20/19 in ESO.

P.P.S. For SWTOR, bring back option to purchase raid runs / PvP, etc. Why BW Austin removed them is mind-boggling.

P.P.S. Kodrac, reassign light attack to the "F" key from the LMB. DUH! :rak_03:

Edited by Jdast

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If (whomever is at the top of the food chain) at BW and EA believe it's worth it they will seek the opportunity to negotiate with Disney / Lucas Films (whomever is necessary) and retain an extension to any and all contracts needed. If not: then things will begin to wind down as there will be only a small(er) crew left to work on the game.

As far as Disney is concerned it doesn't seem like EA is losing the SW license anytime soon going by the words of Bob Iger that is, https://variety.com/2019/gaming/news/disney-video-game-star-wars-ea-1203129606/

I've said it once I've said it 1000 times--people will run by a burger joint and drop $15 on a large drink, fries and burger multiple times a month. They might gripe about how burger prices have gone up, but they still do it. But GOD FORBID they spend $15 a month on a game. That's where they draw the line.

Even if you make minimum wage less than a day's work will pay for your SWTOR, Hulu, Prime, Netflix, Crunchyroll etc. subs for the month. The rest of your money is gravy. Why do people continue to complain about this?

I've said it once I've said it 1000 times--people will run by a burger joint and drop $15 on a large drink, fries and burger multiple times a month. They might gripe about how burger prices have gone up, but they still do it. But GOD FORBID they spend $15 a month on a game. That's where they draw the line.

Even if you make minimum wage less than a day's work will pay for your SWTOR, Hulu, Prime, Netflix, Crunchyroll etc. subs for the month. The rest of your money is gravy. Why do people continue to complain about this?

It's possible the majority of people who are always complaining or bringing this up are kids who don't have their own credit cards or jobs and their parents probably don't view a video game subscription as a good use of the parents' money, so the kids are trying to get around the middle man and ask Bioware to give it all to them free like they've received mostly everything else in their life up to that point.