Remember that Free Name Change? I do... heh.

JaceMatai

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

June 2018 ;) or spend 1000 Cartel Coins.. yes log in your credit card information folks, just put them little 16 digits into the box and click the sweet little glowy "Add More Cartel Coins" box. Only 1000 Cartel Coins for a brand spankin new name!!!!! be the first on your block... they're so cheap you might as well buy a dozen !!!

I think they still haven't worked out how they want to do it.

I suggested to them to just give 1000 CC instead, so those that want it can get it themselves (and those that want to spend it on something else can do that). It would save them the trouble of distributing 1 rename to each account as it would save them a lot of effort.

It's already been delayed once, can happen a lot more often still. And they probably chose to forget about it altogether.

Also, the page has been overwritten I believe as it used to be on the 2.1 game update page? Which was ninja edited to say it'd come in June and is since replaced by the 2.2 announcement. But they still have almost a week, don't think they'll keep their word though.

If they fail to deliver I'll just send in a ticket out of principle and again suggest they give 1000 CC instead, I suggest everyone does that in July. Maybe then they'll wake up at the office somewhere, however doubtful.

I think they still haven't worked out how they want to do it.

I suggested to them to just give 1000 CC instead, so those that want it can get it themselves (and those that want to spend it on something else can do that). It would save them the trouble of distributing 1 rename to each account as it would save them a lot of effort.

It's already been delayed once, can happen a lot more often still. And they probably chose to forget about it altogether.

Also, the page has been overwritten I believe as it used to be on the 2.1 game update page? Which was ninja edited to say it'd come in June and is since replaced by the 2.2 announcement. But they still have almost a week, don't think they'll keep their word though.

If they fail to deliver I'll just send in a ticket out of principle and again suggest they give 1000 CC instead, I suggest everyone does that in July. Maybe then they'll wake up at the office somewhere, however doubtful.

Even though it's been delayed before, the function wasn't available in game back then. Although I would prefer the thousand Cartel Coins over the name change. Which they should do instead of giving us a free name change because I spend a lot of time coming up with cool names. >_<

Yeah, funny, here I was thinking promises were actually supposed to mean something.

Silly me, I guess. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

You're not a CE Owner then I guess....lies and bait and switch are a massive driving force in EAware. :(

also interested in when we are going to get the free name change....

not sure what is so hard about mailing a bind on pickup name change item to every subscribed character; similar things have been done with expansion bonus items.

They aren't doing it for each character though. They are only giving out one rename per account. Which wouldn't be a big deal if you could only have characters on one server. Just send a Bind on Legacy rename to one character and then you could mail it to whichever one you wanted to rename. But what about people with characters across multiple servers?

Personally, I think just giving each sub 1K CC is the best way to go right now.

And why is everyone getting so worked up about it anyway? It's a safe bet that the first 10 names you want are taken. If they had done a name purge on older inactive characters, then it might be something to get excited about.

Heck I remember when that 1 time free name change was also supposed to include a 1 time free legacy name change and a 1 time free guild name change as well.

Players: You said there would be free legacy and guild name changes also.

EA/BW: We are altering the deal. Pray we don't alter it any further.

:D

Edited by Skaol-dirtyd

Seriously? Do any of you read the Dev Tracker?

They stated a few weeks ago that they are working on a new web-based interface for distribution. Why? Because they're not giving us 1,000cc. They can't send a BoL token because some people have characters on multiple servers.

Oh... and it's not even the end of June, so what are any of you complaining about, anyway?

Personally, I didn't use a name that I don't like. If you don't like your name, why'd you roll with it to begin with? :t_tongue:

***EDIT*** Looked it up for y'all.

"Actually, this is sort of how it is going to work! The problem we run into with just sending a rename token is where do we send it? Let's say you have characters on multiple servers, how could we know which server you want the character rename on? If everyone only played on one server, it would be a bit simpler.

What we are going to do in order to solve this problem is launch a character rename page on the website. From there you will be able to select exactly which character you want the rename for on your account. Once you have selected that specific character, we will mail you, in-game, a token to rename them. This will allow us to get around the potential issue I highlighted above.

I agree the solution you proposed is a fairly simple one, but unfortunately it just wouldn't work for a portion of our playerbase."

Edited by AlienEyeTX

they did work out how to do it, though.

there's a big thread, somewhere few pages down with developer pots on it - they said they are going to create a web page where you can select which character on your account you want to change the name on and then the consumable, bop item will be mailed in game to that character.

I can see why they don't want to give out 1000cc to people, because promotion was for name change, not cartel coins that can be used for anything you want.

I'm just wondering, now that they have a solution, why its taking so long to implement it and if there are still issues, then it would be nice if they communicated about it.

edited - darn, typing too slow :p

P.S> I don't know about others, but I have two character with virtually identical name (one letter difference). why? because second character was a reroll. but I decided that I don't want to abandon original character after all, especially with appearance change being available, and now it seems weird to have them both bear the same name. I do like the name, just not on more than one character on the same server. personally.

Edited by Jeweledleah

They aren't doing it for each character though. They are only giving out one rename per account. Which wouldn't be a big deal if you could only have characters on one server. Just send a Bind on Legacy rename to one character and then you could mail it to whichever one you wanted to rename. But what about people with characters across multiple servers?

Personally, I think just giving each sub 1K CC is the best way to go right now.

And why is everyone getting so worked up about it anyway? It's a safe bet that the first 10 names you want are taken. If they had done a name purge on older inactive characters, then it might be something to get excited about.

ah, didnt realize it was once per account... that makes slightly more sense.

and people are worked up about it b/c 1000CC is ~10$. we were told we'd be getting one free re-name; i dont want to pay $10 for something that should be free.

maybe we get lucky and its in the patch tomorrow

i don't see why we can't get 1 name change per server instead of account. apparently, it would be faster, easier, and likely cheaper for them to do that. as far as i can tell, most accounts split across multiple servers are split because bioware couldn't manage populations in the beginning anyway, and have steadfastly insisted on keeping those characters split for whatever reason. it's not like there are a lot of people who did that because it's more fun to not have legacy unlocks and achievements.

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

The free rename for subscribers is looking good to hit with 2.2.1 in tomorrow morning's maintenance! Hope that helps.

-eric

PS - Unrelated, but sure to come up... Paid Character Transfers are still looking good too!

Hey folks,

The free rename for subscribers is looking good to hit with 2.2.1 in tomorrow morning's maintenance! Hope that helps.

-eric

PS - Unrelated, but sure to come up... Paid Character Transfers are still looking good too!

Thank you for the update Eric.