Your favorite 3 EU writers?

1. Michael A. Stackpole since I have read every single X-Wing comic from Dark Horse, as well as his X-Wing novel series.

2, Aaron Allston for his work on the X-Wing series as well. Great writing by both!

3. Timothy Zahn for getting me interested in Star Wars again after nothing by Lucas since Return of the Jedi. He created Mara Jade!

All three are in a tight group at the top of my favorite authors' list.

Now, for NON-Star Wars sci-fi, my next would be:

4. Alan Cole

5. Chris Bunch.

Edited by Captain_Zone

1. Timothy Zahn (who else would be number one?)

2. Michael A. Stackpole ( He was the one who first got me into the books)

3. Either Arron Allston (always a delight to read in the 9-book series) or James Luceno (always a delight to read period.)

1. Timothy Zahn. The way he wrote made him the first author I actually went out and found some of his other books to read. He is a brilliant author.

2. Matthew Stover. Traitor and the RotS novelisation are absolutely awesome

3. Aaron Allston. I love the humour he injects into his books, which make Wraith Squadron among my favourite books (and Wes Janson one of my favourite characters).

1. Michael A. Stackpole since I have read every single X-Wing comic from Dark Horse, as well as his X-Wing novel series.

2, Aaron Allston for his work on the X-Wing series as well. Great writing by both!

3. Timothy Zahn for getting me interested in Star Wars again after nothing by Lucas since Return of the Jedi. He created Mara Jade!

Exactly this, although I still don't have all of the X-Wing comics yet :( Working on it though.

It was 3, but then she killed my favorite redhead. So we're open to nominations. I'm thinking Stackpole.

Ah, I understand. That was kind of unforgivable.

Stackpole is a good choice. He took part in writing the X-Wing comics and novels, plus wrote I, Jedi, one of the better Star Wars novels out there.

I second your nomination for Stackpole. :D

Motion carried.

1. Zahn, for creating Thrawn, Mara Jade, and Tallon Karrde, and the Solo twins, and the Noghri, and....

2. Anderson, for creating Kyp Durron, Natasi Daala, and the freaking Sun Crusher.

3. Stackpole, for the Horn family and making Wedge Antilles so awesome I spent most of high school wanting to be a fighter pilot.

Edited by Malles

Motion carried.

1. Zahn, for creating Thrawn, Mara Jade, and Tallon Karrde, and the Solo twins, and the Noghri, and....

2. Anderson, for creating Kyp Durron, Natasi Daala, and the freaking Sun Crusher.

3. Stackpole, for the Horn family and making Wedge Antilles so awesome I spent most of high school wanting to be a fighter pilot.

Very well said Sir :)