Arena

Johnisawesome

Hello, just wondering if swtor is going to have arena at some point

I played wow for a few years and was successful in arena and was it was pretty much the only thing that kept me entertained

I know it wont be in it right away but battlegrounds won't keep pvpers interested long enough will they?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This has long been a topic of debate on the SW:TOR forums.

So many people hate them, so many people love them.

However at the risk of being flamed, I'm going to guess (because BW has not said anything one way or the other about arenas) that they WILL implement some kind of competitive pvp on a small scale.

Not sure if it will be arena, but there will almost definitely be something with some kind of ladder system.

I played wow for a few years and was successful in arena and was it was pretty much the only thing that kept me entertained

I know it wont be in it right away but battlegrounds won't keep pvpers interested long enough will they?

i would be all for arenas if they

A. Didnt give gear rewards.

Cosmetic Rewards are fine.

B. Acted like CoH's arena. Basically you had the option to customize the type of arena play you wanted.

Arena is great as long as it does not become the only way to be viable in any form of pvp, al la wow. If you want bragging rights, that's fine, but you honestly should not get some special uber great gear that lets you steamroll anyone who does not have this gear just because you got some arbitrary ranking.

Also for the ranked competitions. especially deathmatches rather than goal based competitions. Hoping they implement it in the game later when most people are 50 and let us experience the game without worrying about rushing to the ranked play.

Couldn't care less about the gear rewards solely from ranked competitions. In my opinion just make it slightly higher pace of earning warzone commendations than non ranked, but anyway implemented I would compete in ranked.

Instead of arenas how about some rated Warzones that allow only no respawn (similar to arenas) but still have engaging objectives. These would offer zero gear upgrades, but instead unique titles and mounts.

i want to point out I am Braves and you stole my name jerk.

DeathKorps asks that if want an arena go back to the garbage game that already has one. DeathKorps has heard "we want an arena or this game will die" far too much.

700 rated butt hurt kid getting mad that someone is suggesting an arena system? Why I never

S1&S2 2400 ret pala glad, ty.

You know, the time when WoW had still balls-they started falling off, but still were there.

And I assume you are soon to be best azeroth panda pokemon trainer.

Edited by Lerdoc

Those go play that and that game are the most stupid responses. It's nothing away from you if someone wants to play arena in TOR.

That is where you are wrong. If WoW garbage is allowed to sit around waiting on arena combat, then it takes away from people who would otherwise queue for warzones or partake in open PvP.

i would be all for arenas if they

A. Didnt give gear rewards.

Cosmetic Rewards are fine.

B. Acted like CoH's arena. Basically you had the option to customize the type of arena play you wanted.

This is close to what I think. Arenas should be completely separated from all other gameplay:

They could give gear rewards such as 2 levels of an arena-only set (the first level would be free to everyone entering arena and mandatory to wear for balance, the second level would be same in stats but different in appearance). The arena set would only give stats inside arena and outside of arena (such as displaying epeen in the capital) it would be purely cosmetic. That way arena would be completely separated from warzones, world pvp and pve. People who dislike it could stay out of it and people who enjoy it can enjoy it and if they wanted to still do world pvp and warzones and get the appropriate rewards for those activities like everyone else.

Arena in my opinion should be based in individual skill and team skill, not gear. The ones who play it should play it for enjoyment and challenge and not to grind stats to be able to stomp over others with increased endurance/power. I believe this type of an arena could satisfy a lot of players whether they like arena or not.

Edited by Praecipua

S1&S2 2400 ret pala glad, ty.

You know, the time when WoW had still balls-they started falling off, but still were there.

And I assume you are soon to be best azeroth panda pokemon trainer.

Ok you were not a 2400 ret during season 1 or 2 being as ret was horrible. Nice try though.

Ok you were not a 2400 ret during season 1 or 2 being as ret was horrible. Nice try though.

And thats why I went with it. Not picking easy mode does not mean not being able to be competitive. Resto sham, MS war and ret pala team did quite well, burst is your friend.

I assume you were the one so called elite that rerolled whatever FOTM currently was during seasons.