Little Info About Vanguard/PT Tanks.

AArciel

I have noticed this forums have Little information about Vanguard/Powertech Tanks.

Why is that? The class is pretty easy to play. And can come out with pretty good results

at the end of a warzone.

Edited by AArciel

it really depends on the answer you're looking for.

as a PT shieldtech, it's incredibly rewarding AC to play in pvp, if you enjoy seeing very high objective points, lots of protection, and respectable amount of damage, with pretty decent mobility thrown in.

however, most of the people who frequent the pvp forums, aren't very focused on objectives. their world of pvp is often actually DUELS, which devolve to why x-class is overpowered, because y-class can not beat it - which is not what actual pvp is about.

add to that, people tend to like big sexy crits, and blowing people up.

combine that, and you get everyone playing pyro, instead of shieldtech, which is a perfectly capable class in pvp, though it falls behind juggs and assassins in terms of pvp prowess.

I created this post in order to answer questions knowing I happen to come with very good results

playing the class. That's all. Don't come QQing. Bring your complaints and I will give you my answers.

Maybe you haven't been around the forums long but these threads don't normally end well. Personally I appreciate the attempt at being constructive but the 78th nerf powertech brigade will be here shortly.

I have noticed this forums have Little information about Vanguard/Powertech Tanks.

Why is that? The class is pretty easy to play. And can come out with pretty good results

at the end of a warzone.

First of all there are no hard to play classes in this game.

Give my Vanguard 4 defensive cooldowns like my jugg and shadow (both tank) have, give me hard hitting abilities 3k+ like my shadow and jugg have, give me control (aoe slow for example) like my jugg and shadow have and suddenly you have an awesome tank. Oh and add self healing like my shadow and jugg have (every 20 seconds because a 2 min cd is a joke). Need I add that the vanguard is the only tank class without a killing blow ability (vicious throw for example) ?

Still I love my main (vanguard) and often switch between the trees, but the tank tree definietly needs love.

Edited by SajPl

I'm sorry, but without real tweaking into how defense stats work in this game (defense rating/shield rating), frankly you don't really need a tank Vng/PT.... not to mention it really sucks meeting a Vng/PT crit/surging out through the wazoo, plugging in damage that ignores all your armor and shielding... but you can't do squat to them with your mediocre damage.

I'm sorry, but without real tweaking into how defense stats work in this game (defense rating/shield rating), frankly you don't really need a tank Vng/PT.... not to mention it really sucks meeting a Vng/PT crit/surging out through the wazoo, plugging in damage that ignores all your armor and shielding... but you can't do squat to them with your mediocre damage.

Actually I feel pretty confident as shield spec against pyro - its a very tough fight of course but I can win over 50% of them, but im in dps gear, to be fair.