Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Nerf the sith scorcerer!!!!!!!!!!!!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Nerf the sith scorcerer!!!!!!!!!!!!

KhealThar
01.22.2012 , 04:15 PM | #21
I don't get how people can think Sorcerer's are overpowered? I kill them fairly easily!

I know all these threads are from mad operatives but despite what you believe, they don't nerf classes on who barks the loudest. It was pretty obvious 3 shotting someone as they lay helplessly on the ground wasn't intended.

Instead of crusading for nerfs to Sorcerer's you should make threads to buff survival/sustained damage of the operative since they're losing some of their burst.

All of the proposed changes in the various nerf sorc threads would hurt Assassins too, which they're pretty balanced.
Those who beg for mercy are too weak to deserve it.

Sathla
01.22.2012 , 07:34 PM | #22
My shield can be taken off with one grav round..

>.> Seriously I'm a corruption spec sorc (healer) it's a joke its a omg i'm gonna try to mitigate some damage from white swings/fire.

Kishva - 60- Vigilance Guardian
- Sathla - 60 - Corruption Sorcerer

Pax Dominus - Pax Imperius

MasterBlasterO
01.22.2012 , 07:36 PM | #23
If they nerf sorcerers they will lose 3/4 of the game population.

Nosaj
01.23.2012 , 01:08 AM | #24
Stopped reading at have 5 stuns lol...

I'm a 49 sorc and our class is by far not op'ed. I kill and get killed. If I had to guess I'm sure you've made posts in this pvp forum about how everythign sux and the developers don't know what they are doing etc...

Zamm
01.23.2012 , 01:36 AM | #25
Didn't care to read the entire forum.

Fact is: 90% of this thread are Sorcs, don't care what they claim to be.
Fact is: Who wants their class to be nerfed?
Fact is: Sorcs are OP, hence them being the most popular class IG atm. (Think that's an assumption? You're either a sage or a sorc.)

That's really all there is to it.
Queue the "Everyone whines when another class kills them" replies, because last but not least:
Anyone that currently plays a Sorc, cannot say it's balanced.
The Human Effect.
Those that haven't played it, see it from the third person.
Those that have, have fun with it and don't want to stop having fun/are afraid it's the class that's good, not them (Which is likely true for 50% of them, if you're one that's worried be afraid. When Sorcs get nerfed you will need to reroll.)

Last Queue of the day:
Reserve the names, start getting gear ready for your alts.
Sorcs have it coming, the non sorcs will not complain.
If you complain, you're a sorc.

TL;DR
Nerf Sorcs where they need it (THEY NEED IT.).
If you go ANY FARTHER, take opinions on it, if not, then don't.
There once was a stranger, with eyes full of danger, he spoke not a word, but his meaning was heard...

Rockoo
01.23.2012 , 02:21 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Zamm View Post
Didn't care to read the entire forum.

Fact is: 90% of this thread are Sorcs, don't care what they claim to be.
Fact is: Who wants their class to be nerfed?
Fact is: Sorcs are OP, hence them being the most popular class IG atm. (Think that's an assumption? You're either a sage or a sorc.)

That's really all there is to it.
Queue the "Everyone whines when another class kills them" replies, because last but not least:
Anyone that currently plays a Sorc, cannot say it's balanced.
The Human Effect.
Those that haven't played it, see it from the third person.
Those that have, have fun with it and don't want to stop having fun/are afraid it's the class that's good, not them (Which is likely true for 50% of them, if you're one that's worried be afraid. When Sorcs get nerfed you will need to reroll.)

Last Queue of the day:
Reserve the names, start getting gear ready for your alts.
Sorcs have it coming, the non sorcs will not complain.
If you complain, you're a sorc.

TL;DR
Nerf Sorcs where they need it (THEY NEED IT.).
If you go ANY FARTHER, take opinions on it, if not, then don't.

Your "Comment" makes no real truth at all... class is balance... rather you think it is or not
you didnt see beta like i seen it...

And if you have... you wouldn't be in this koolaid mix with that comment at all with this 90% sorc bs

100% of this is people like you... Is one of 2 things

1) Dying to over geared class aka sorc?
2) Or just can't play your class at all?

As for the rest of you all... class is not "OP" so learn to use CD's
i've have seen so many juggs/mara or even those sneaky agents runing around doing just as good...

If anything they just not gonna nerf the class... they just gonna break it for you kids who wanna whine some more... just go back to hello kitty they waiting for ya there
I just spent 150$ for CE VIP NOOOOoooooooo!

MagizZziaN
01.23.2012 , 03:43 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Rockoo View Post
Your "Comment" makes no real truth at all... class is balance... rather you think it is or not
you didnt see beta like i seen it...

And if you have... you wouldn't be in this koolaid mix with that comment at all with this 90% sorc bs

100% of this is people like you... Is one of 2 things

1) Dying to over geared class aka sorc?
2) Or just can't play your class at all?

As for the rest of you all... class is not "OP" so learn to use CD's
i've have seen so many juggs/mara or even those sneaky agents runing around doing just as good...

If anything they just not gonna nerf the class... they just gonna break it for you kids who wanna whine some more... just go back to hello kitty they waiting for ya there
I aprove of this message.

Seriously, why do people stil think a mmo is about 1v1?
WAKE UP!!! It never was, and never will be 1v1. Otherwise they wouldnt have added the warzones, nor illum.

I play a sith sorc, and trust me. It can be a hell to play sometimes. Some missions i had to redo over and over til i finaly made it with 5% hp left. While being the same lvl the mission was designed for. And thats just pve im talking about. When i get zerged in a warzone by more then 2, i dont even get the chance to say "oops!"

Go learn to play ur class, and quit whining...

Dalmorn
01.23.2012 , 03:52 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by MicroMadMan View Post
there is no reason that one class should be far superior to the others with 5 different abilities that stun and to damage over time this is completely ridiculous and needs to be fixed or the game will be losing players because of how annoying it is
Serious people, this a Jawa troll. He posts this stupid thread just to get people going. Notice he hasn't even posted in here since posting this thread? My GOD, stop feeding the trolls.
"Daldra" 50 Assassin"Dralvon" 50 Sorcerer
"Dalmar" 50 Powertech "Salvoc" 50 Mercenary
"Dalamross" 50 Operative "Salvar" 50 Marauder
"Salvon" 50 Juggernaught "Blind-Shot" 50 Sniper

JohraTon
01.23.2012 , 03:56 AM | #29
The shield could maybe use a little tweaking for PvP if you were very critical, but even as a jug against a sage in Champ or BM gear, 3k+ hits aren't uncommon.
Jedi Covenant
Rhigus - Juggernaut
<Deceptýcons>

thepilk
01.23.2012 , 04:47 AM | #30
CCs need to be adjusted in PVP as an overall mechanic, resolve doesnt cut it and can be bypassed if you know how to apply your CCs properly. Getting rid of resolve and readjusting CCs in PVP to a more reasonable recourse system would circumvent a need to really tamper with individual classes much.

If the resolve/CC system is left alone, then I do feel like inqusitors/consulars do need to be toned down... they have what I feel to be too much utility for not enough trade off, and it gets exponentially worse the more of them that are in a group. Do they have excessive damage? no, do they have excessive defense? no. but they have enough that when coupled with the access to heals and utility that they are easily the best class in the game? Of course. If you understand how this game works to any reasonable degree, then its impossible to not see that they are the class most gain with least sacrifice, and the obvious alpha class currently.

In PVP, the profession I see the most is Inquistors... by a large margin. I refuse to believe its because the Inquistor storyline is amazingly interesting, or that its a freak coincidence. Its because its the best, head and shoulders above others for any role you might want to play.
youtube.com/mantapusproductions
CineMoLos.com