Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Nerf the sith scorcerer!!!!!!!!!!!!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Nerf the sith scorcerer!!!!!!!!!!!!

MicroMadMan
01.22.2012 , 01:06 AM | #1
there is no reason that one class should be far superior to the others with 5 different abilities that stun and to damage over time this is completely ridiculous and needs to be fixed or the game will be losing players because of how annoying it is

Caelrie
01.22.2012 , 01:24 AM | #2
List the 5 stuns.

Lariuss
01.22.2012 , 01:38 AM | #3
While they dont have 5 stuns it's true that sorcs 1vs1 can stunlock you till you're dead, and if you're melee add knockback + root and speed boost. Absolutely silly and needs fixing. Also one of their stuns ignores immunity from full resolve bar.

Vallowen
01.22.2012 , 01:50 AM | #4
balanced

because they're not a minority

Sivar
01.22.2012 , 01:54 AM | #5
Wow 13 exclamation points, really?

They have one stun, two snares (one of which is a channeled dot), plus two dots (1 instant cast, one not), and one instant cast direct damage cast. I'm sure I'm forgetting one or two things but most of the rest is spec based.
The Nyris Legacy
Jedi Covenant

Qlimitus
01.22.2012 , 01:57 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Sivar View Post
Wow 13 exclamation points, really?

They have one stun, two snares (one of which is a channeled dot), plus two dots (1 instant cast, one not), and one instant cast direct damage cast. I'm sure I'm forgetting one or two things but most of the rest is spec based.
I love it when people get killed by another class and all of a sudden its " Nerf that class because i suck at mine " . The ones that believe is OP should go try and play one.

If you think a sorc is OP,learn how to play your class.
I got a jar o diiirt,I got a jar o diiirt,I got a jar o diiirt... And guess what's inside iiit..

Proppa
01.22.2012 , 02:35 AM | #7
Trolls will be trolls.

I've never been able to stun-lock anyone. I'm corruption spec and normally the #1 target. For a good portion of the time, most of my cooldown's are never up. Stun / Whirlwind have 1 min cooldowns. It doesn't take much (1 interupt) and you can make the sorc's life hell.

It's also not like classes can't just force choke, charge, stealth and stun the sorc. The DPS of the sorc isn't as great as other classes either. I had to respec from healing to DPS for an Eternity Vault raid and was given a 75k mob, I was one of the last to actually drop my mob and needed help doing so. Whereas the Assasins, Marauders, Powertech's had finished long in advance.

Reaperchris
01.22.2012 , 02:51 AM | #8
We have 2 stuns both have a 1 minute CD and one of them goes away if I attack and of course we have things to keep melee away because if you constantly are hitting us we will die in like 30 seconds.
"The eye sees, but cannot see itself. Anyone can be the eye, but the key to Jedi training is to be able to see oneself."

RamzaBehoulve
01.22.2012 , 02:54 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Qlimitus View Post
If you think a sorc is OP,learn how to play your class.
When you get through that absorb shield and oh magically it's up again because Bioware screwed up with how the timer works, sorry, but you are a pain in the *** to deal with. Much more than it should be.

Stuns, I really don't care, but a spellcaster tanking that much better than any tank is stupid. You don't need 2 bubbles when you already have a sprint and 2 stuns to get out of dangerous situations.

RamzaBehoulve
01.22.2012 , 02:57 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Reaperchris View Post
We have 2 stuns both have a 1 minute CD and one of them goes away if I attack and of course we have things to keep melee away because if you constantly are hitting us we will die in like 30 seconds.
30s? Most classes die in 15s including tanks and you don't see any problem with that?