Acid blade nerf or troll?

Kutsus

I believe it is a UI bug. The description Acid Blade from many builds ago, yet it's other stats (cooldown and activation time) are the same as the proper Acid Blade. Also, the Scoundrel ability "Flechette Round" has not been changed. Edited by ViralTitan

It's also possible the stated damage is based on your current level and character stats. As you level up and improve, the reflected damage on the skill tree will increase. It seems a little early to get worked up about something based on one screenshot and no additional research or information.

It's also possible the stated damage is based on your current level and character stats. As you level up and improve, the reflected damage on the skill tree will increase. It seems a little early to get worked up about something based on one screenshot and no additional research or information.

You clearly have no idea what we are talking about.

You clearly have no idea what we are talking about.

It's possible, I know other games have used that mechanic. Although instead of throwing that out you could at least clarify it ... just a thought *shrug*

On a side note, I understand that the damage is supposed to be a lot higher than the 400 that is being reflected it that was the point of your comment. However, as I plan on leveling a medic and not a concealment Operative, I have not paid a lot of attention to the concealment abilities.

Edited by Fayieon

It's possible, I know other games have used that mechanic. Although instead of throwing that out you could at least clarify it ... just a thought *shrug*

On a side note, I understand that the damage is supposed to be a lot higher than the 400 that is being reflected it that was the point of your comment. However, as I plan on leveling a medic and not a concealment Operative, I have not paid a lot of attention to the concealment abilities.

It is not supposed to be another flat damage melee attack, we already have plenty of those. It is supposed to be a buff you apply to your weapon that gives it a DoT on you next attack, along with bonus armor penetration.

It is not supposed to be another flat damage melee attack, we already have plenty of those. It is supposed to be a buff you apply to your weapon that gives it a DoT on you next attack, along with bonus armor penetration.

So if it's not a bug, then they've removed the armor penetration? Makes more sense why the question was raised now at least. It sounded like the initial issue was that the damage had just been reduced, which is why I made my initial comment, I apparently overlooked the bonus armor penetration you pointed out.

Well, hopefully it's a bug and will be remedied before too long. Wouldn't make sense that a class that has access to poisons wouldn't be able to use them to corrode armor and do additional damage.

So if it's not a bug, then they've removed the armor penetration? Makes more sense why the question was raised now at least. It sounded like the initial issue was that the damage had just been reduced, which is why I made my initial comment, I apparently overlooked the bonus armor penetration you pointed out.

Well, hopefully it's a bug and will be remedied before too long. Wouldn't make sense that a class that has access to poisons wouldn't be able to use them to corrode armor and do additional damage.

The bug is that it likely is just a UI bug from beta, and the ability is just showing the improper tooltip. The current tooltip is that of the ability many updates ago, while its cooldown and activation time remain the same as the ability should be. Furthermore, the smuggler's mirror ability has the correct tooltip, further suggesting that the tooltip is just being displayed.

They just changed the ability last beta build and it showed the exact same tooltip even though they completely changed the skill to be the DoT and armor pen debuff. I know I even sent a bug report in about it. I can't believe they didn't fix it. I sure hope they didn't change it back

sorry for posting in old thread but I bring news about the acid blade talent (if someone lese has not mentioned it that is), the torhead and darth hater skill calcs seem to be outdated, im just going to write what the tooltip says now when I bring up my talent tree:

Acid blade: execute your tactical advantage to slash the target with an acid-coated blade, dealing 469 kinetic damage and poisoning the target for 6 intermal damage over 6 seconds. Requires and consumes tactical advantage.

this means that the ability is completely changed, it now respects gcd and will break stealth.

would like someone to confirm just to be sure or correct me if wrong.

thank you.

sorry for posting in old thread but I bring news about the acid blade talent (if someone lese has not mentioned it that is), the torhead and darth hater skill calcs seem to be outdated, im just going to write what the tooltip says now when I bring up my talent tree:

Acid blade: execute your tactical advantage to slash the target with an acid-coated blade, dealing 469 kinetic damage and poisoning the target for 6 intermal damage over 6 seconds. Requires and consumes tactical advantage.

this means that the ability is completely changed, it now respects gcd and will break stealth.

would like someone to confirm just to be sure or correct me if wrong.

thank you.

The tooltip is wrong. Darth hater and torhead are correct.

As others have said, just a UI bug. All last build i had the old tooltip, but it worked just like it should. Which is to say, easily the best spent talent in concealment.

Yup, it's pretty much a class defining ability.

Edited by scrynen