Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Objective pvp is a mess

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Objective pvp is a mess

MackPol's Avatar


MackPol
02.15.2020 , 10:36 AM | #11
[QUOTE=Spintrec;9821787]Only time playing objectives is 'doing nothing' is when you're guarding a node (even then you have to watch out for stealthers and incs), in every other aspect of playing objectives you're doing something (playing the ball, trying to stuncap the enemies node etc.), and I think that stuncapping a node or scoring the ball is far more thrilling than being sat at mid either farming or getting farmed.

Yeah mate so in every WZ apart from huttballs someone has to defend and it's a massive problem because it's boring AF. People dont wanna do it.
Plus most players are delusional as to how to actually win a game which makes for quite ridiculous spectacles in Regs.

Cherryluve's Avatar


Cherryluve
02.15.2020 , 01:53 PM | #12
Which is why you get with like-minded individuals to group with otherwise you end up logging out due to frustration. So give your names if you want to play objectives and we band together. Unite my fellow objective players!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bubs'r'hugs ----- Sage Healer Cand'ee ----- Sorc Healer

DavidAtkinson's Avatar


DavidAtkinson
02.15.2020 , 02:58 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
I canít believe Iím starting to hate objective pvp. Iíve always preferred it to arena and Iím good at it, but lvl 10-75 reg 8v8 is now so bad that Iím looking forward to when the queue pops slow and it switches to reg arena.

At least everyone tries to win in arena and the common goal is to kill and not die. But in 8v8 it seems only 1-3 people on each team (if you are lucky) actually care about winning.

Iíve said this before over the last 2 years and I didnít think it could get worse then.
The quality and player skill to be able to play both forms of pvp has dropped to the point that hardly any can play objective pvp at all. Things like tactics and strategy are long dead and even trying to get someone to call incs or stay and guard after they cap it is neigh impossible.

I never thought it could get worse or better yet, I didnít think Iíd stay to see it get this bad. I guess Iíve been proven wrong.

Is there any hope for objective pvp anymore? Has it outlived itís usefulness in this game when no one actually tries to play the objectives? Honestly, I just donít know.

What do you guys think? Is there any hope or should Bioware consider a change to how objective pvp maps work?
Make your own games within game... if your team is not competent.

Game within game is simple: I always try to solo cap of one the enemy nodes usually guarded by a stealther... which ends up in a 1v1, 2v1 duel... This way I challenge myself and don't get bored nor do I quit. Other thing I do is seeking out situations where I end up outnumbered and try to survive as long as possible by kiting hard.

I hate premades. I find them boring to play in.. Like what's the point of farming random noobs all the time ? That's not my idea of fun or challenge.
Darth Malgus Server
Delusional Marauder Main

Nemmar's Avatar


Nemmar
02.15.2020 , 07:38 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Cherryluve View Post
Which is why you get with like-minded individuals to group with otherwise you end up logging out due to frustration. So give your names if you want to play objectives and we band together. Unite my fellow objective players!
You mean go with a premade and roflstomp randoms without any organization or communication, only by text.
Makes you feel fulfilled does it? It's nothing short of cheating. That's not PvP, it's farming and causes more people to stop queing than defending points.

Random warzones are not the place for premades. Only reason why people get frustrated is cause they are trying to work a random group against a premade. This problem gets solved by removing premades. Their place is in arenas. Let casuals do casual pvp. At that point balance is achieved. If both teams are doing deathmatch aside from 2 guys on each team those are still workable odds. What isn't are 2v8's.

Cherryluve's Avatar


Cherryluve
02.15.2020 , 08:54 PM | #15
So what you are saying is that pugs just by principle suck? If I had the ball in huttball, you wouldn't know to get ahead of me for a pass without me being on discord to tell you that? Do I need to be on comms to tell you to interrupt a cap? But heaven forbid I would like to group with people who can actually play the game. Best players? Not at all but doesn't mean we can't get together and try. It is more fun that way. Apparently grouping with someone and guarding a node is roflstomping pugs. So basically you want skill level separation. Separate the true pvpers vs people who are clueless.

Not to mention, you don't have to be in discord to group. Most of the time when I group, we aren't in comms. So what is our advantage?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bubs'r'hugs ----- Sage Healer Cand'ee ----- Sorc Healer

Beyrahl's Avatar


Beyrahl
02.16.2020 , 05:24 AM | #16
Little reason to try and win.
What do you get from winning? Mediocre drops that aren't the same item level, sometimes are?
More warzone medpacs and adrenals than you could ever use?
Outside conquest, I see little point with how frustrating it is to play objective PvP.

Though each side will still exist, forever pretty much. 8v8's aren't designed for deathmatches, at least yet, I hope someday we do get a version that does support deathmatching. It'd really help players learn the combat to the game for not only arenas but objective gameplay.

Lhancelot's Avatar


Lhancelot
02.16.2020 , 09:40 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by DavidAtkinson View Post
Make your own games within game... if your team is not competent.
I always did this, too.

That's how I managed my own nerd rage in matches early on. I'd find ways to channel my annoyance by working to accomplish my own mini goals in a PVP match.

Of course, this doesn't really help bring the team together because basically we are going off doing our own thing while there could be some that actually are trying to work (silently) with others to win the match, it just seems to be the opposite usually because of communication failure and poor gameplay.


Quote: Originally Posted by DavidAtkinson View Post
I hate premades. I find them boring to play in.. Like what's the point of farming random noobs all the time ? That's not my idea of fun or challenge.
Honestly the premades I ever had the pleasure of running with didn't do it to farm noobs, as most people think.

It's really to liken the chances their own team is competent, and running with competent players means you won't get steamrolled by other premade teams.

It's really the only way you can avoid being thrusted on a team full of noobs by joining your own premade.

One thing too, though just because you in a premade doesn't mean you have some secret boost that suddenly makes your team higher skilled.

I been in strong premades and awful ones. Usually it's actually more about familiarity and knowing people who you end up in premades with. As long as you aren't a complete failure in PVP, even most elite players will premade with non-elites in regs. That's how I learned too, grouping with better players than myself.

It takes much longer to improve your skills without people giving you tips and feedback on how you play. For these reasons I don't poo-poo premades. There's probably more benefits added to the game allowing premades than there are negatives.

For the record I tended to solo queue far more than I joined premades. But it's inevitable if you PVP enough, you will get invites to join others and that's how the premade pattern begins.
Please join the discussion on how to improve rewards for PVP
HERE
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...82#post9840582

TrixxieTriss's Avatar


TrixxieTriss
02.16.2020 , 12:04 PM | #18
The attitude in lowbies says it all : ďwho cares, itís only lowbiesĒ.
Thatís after Iím trying to give some actual tips and advice in a very calm and encouraging way. Only to have dps heroes tell you it doesnít matter and that you should shut up.

Lowbies is where you should be learning to play pvp and what the objectives are, tactics, how your class works etc.
Itís not there so you can farm dps numbers on lowbie learners and then tell them how bad they are or trash talk them so they never get better or they quit playing altogether.
The epeen from some of the more testosterone driven players would be laughable if it wasnít so sad and it wasnít teaching bad habits to new Pvpers.

That attitude of lowbies doesnít matter is why LvL 75 is such a joke. Those people who want to learn as they lvl will only ever get told it doesnít matter, so when they get to lvl 75 they donít know any better.
LvL 75 isnít for learning. By the time you get to lvl 75, you should already have a good idea why the objectives are and how to play.

Watching 3-4 people do 6-8 mil damage on a team in a lowbie match and then lose to teams who did 1/5 that amount only shows they are only there to farm lowbies. They donít try to win and they arenít guiding new players or helping. Even if they donít want to guide newbies, all they have to do is keep their comments to themselves so they donít tarnish new players with their epeen.

I feel pvp is now doomed in this game. After this last patch where people are wall hacking again and activation lag. Itís not even worth loading into it most of the time.

I donít think the hacking would even be hard this time around considering Bioware themselves donít know the difference between the ground and the air. Aka, go to Korriban starting area at the moment and we have a new floating piece floor. You can run under it or climb on top and use it as a dance platform.
https://imgur.com/gallery/rKq4coC

Poor coding and QA. It looks like they are letting interns play around in the code and on Korriban. I noticed some other small changes to support that theory too.

Lhancelot's Avatar


Lhancelot
02.16.2020 , 02:24 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
The attitude in lowbies says it all : ďwho cares, itís only lowbiesĒ.
Thatís after Iím trying to give some actual tips and advice in a very calm and encouraging way. Only to have dps heroes tell you it doesnít matter and that you should shut up.

Lowbies is where you should be learning to play pvp and what the objectives are, tactics, how your class works etc.
Itís not there so you can farm dps numbers on lowbie learners and then tell them how bad they are or trash talk them so they never get better or they quit playing altogether.
The epeen from some of the more testosterone driven players would be laughable if it wasnít so sad and it wasnít teaching bad habits to new Pvpers.

That attitude of lowbies doesnít matter is why LvL 75 is such a joke. Those people who want to learn as they lvl will only ever get told it doesnít matter, so when they get to lvl 75 they donít know any better.
LvL 75 isnít for learning. By the time you get to lvl 75, you should already have a good idea why the objectives are and how to play.

Watching 3-4 people do 6-8 mil damage on a team in a lowbie match and then lose to teams who did 1/5 that amount only shows they are only there to farm lowbies. They donít try to win and they arenít guiding new players or helping. Even if they donít want to guide newbies, all they have to do is keep their comments to themselves so they donít tarnish new players with their epeen.

I feel pvp is now doomed in this game. After this last patch where people are wall hacking again and activation lag. Itís not even worth loading into it most of the time.

I donít think the hacking would even be hard this time around considering Bioware themselves donít know the difference between the ground and the air. Aka, go to Korriban starting area at the moment and we have a new floating piece floor. You can run under it or climb on top and use it as a dance platform.
https://imgur.com/gallery/rKq4coC

Poor coding and QA. It looks like they are letting interns play around in the code and on Korriban. I noticed some other small changes to support that theory too.
Theory. Expand on this theory you last mentioned I have not heard any new theories.
Please join the discussion on how to improve rewards for PVP
HERE
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...82#post9840582

Eastiano's Avatar


Eastiano
02.16.2020 , 07:35 PM | #20
I did 75 pvp today, got huttball, my team didn't even bother witb objectives and we lost 6-0 pretty quick.
I was healing so got fucused quite s lot and figured, oh well, my team must be dmg farming...

End of game, 2 players broke 1k dps and not even by much lol -_-

**** this game, I've had enuff between the ineptitude of the devs, their mollycoddling and double standards and this is what we are left with?