Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Objective pvp is a mess

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Objective pvp is a mess

TrixxieTriss's Avatar


TrixxieTriss
Yesterday , 08:54 PM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by sharkfishman View Post
I don't think there's anything wrong with grouping up to play with friends. Even if you're a random group of 3 or 4 guild mates, it was never a big deal before. Teaching someone or a few players how to play isn't a huge deal because they're still learning.

Now that everyone and their grandmother is on Discord, however, it has become a big deal when premades come into reg matches. As you say, it's just no fun when you're against 4 people than can focus the same target every 3 seconds.

I hate it. In PVP, in GSF, it's terrible. I will often call out said players to have them fight me 1v1 or 2v1, and they try it once (they die) and then go back to 4v1 me again. It's funny how bad some of these players are when they're not 4 against 1.
Yep, agreed. And under this meta and low player population, I think the old 3-4 man premade fun we used have, has had its day and should be removed from reg pvp.
The only way I would say they could stay is if match making really did work and they only put premades vs premades, but we all know Bioware won’t do this. Which only leaves one option, remove 3-4 man premades from the reg queue.

I also 100% agree with your analysis on the individual skill lvl of most of those guys. Many of them couldn’t fight their way out of a wet paper bag in a 1v1 or 2v1 situation. IMO, that is why they feel they need to be in premades to start with and secondly, why they will never improve their own individual skills because they rely to much on having people to help prop them up.

When I’m not training or helping someone learn, I flat out refuse to be in premades, I often get invited to random premades, but I politely decline.
Something that blew my mind the other day was someone abused me and then trolled on another Alt after I put them on ignore because I wouldn’t join in a premade ,I’m still shocked about it.
Of course, every match I saw them in after that, they tried to focus me hard. Which was fine because I just focused that one guy and killed him (revenge is best served cold) before the rest could kill me, if they even could

I saw someone else trolling a couple in lowbies who were paired in a premade to learn. He kept abusing them match after match and it was obvious one of them was learning and the other was trying to teach them. But every time he got beat, he would yell abuse and blame them for him losing.
The lowbie queue is small and you basically rotate through the same 8-16 players ever match, so everyone else understood why these two were in a 2 man premade, except him.
He wasn’t a half bad player, but his salty attitude and sour grapes made him the target of everyone he played against in every match. If he was on your team, he got focused first. If you were against him, the whole team would focus him first, regardless of who was on his team.

Banderal's Avatar


Banderal
Today , 05:26 AM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
Yep, agreed. And under this meta and low player population, I think the old 3-4 man premade fun we used have, has had its day and should be removed from reg pvp.
ESO just release a patch where they have restricted battleground (i.e. warzone) queuing to solo only. They say they are doing it partly in response to player feedback and partly as an experiment to see if it helps matchmaking. They put up a discussion thread for it when it was on their PTS, and pretty much it read exactly like all the premade vs. solo-only discussions here have read... except amazingly more civil. (Although, now that I think about it, ZOS seems more proactive about removing name-calling posts, and they actually post that they did it, vs. just ninja deleting things.)

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.co...s-solo-queuing

Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
Something that blew my mind the other day was someone abused me and then trolled on another Alt after I put them on ignore because I wouldn’t join in a premade
That's just seriously sad.

I've been in lows and mids for a bit now (playing only those brackets since I came back because I don't want to run PVE just to gear). I find that even though I do get crap games where no one cares, I don't seem to get nearly as many of them as I remember encountering in lvl 75 pvp. Maybe because there are enough arenas happening to satisfy people's "deathmatch" lust, so when we get an objective map people are more willing to play it as such? Although, I do leave every single Vandinn, OPG and almost all Quesh. So maybe my sampling is skewed.

Also I seem to get a lot more close games. Sure there are still plenty of run-away matches, where one side really has no chance, but the close contest seems to happen a lot more often. No, I don't have any numbers at all to back that up.

Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
I saw someone else trolling a couple in lowbies who were paired in a premade to learn.
I really do wonder about some people that go off on others for mistakes in lowbies and mids. My favorite response I like for this is... "Yeah, what are you doing here? Why don't you go back to the bracket they have for learning, it's called lowbies... oh wait." At which point, said abuser usually targets me.

Although, I have to admit, I did roll my eyes a bit when I'm in an arena as the only tank, and I put a guard on another jugger as my starting point before the match starts, and he actually REMOVES MY GUARD so he can put his guard on me. Just LoL.

Slippery When'wet, FistFullOfCandy - SF

Lhancelot's Avatar


Lhancelot
Today , 05:32 AM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by Banderal View Post
ESO just release a patch where they have restricted battleground (i.e. warzone) queuing to solo only. They say they are doing it partly in response to player feedback and partly as an experiment to see if it helps matchmaking. They put up a discussion thread for it when it was on their PTS, and pretty much it read exactly like all the premade vs. solo-only discussions here have read... except amazingly more civil. (Although, now that I think about it, ZOS seems more proactive about removing name-calling posts, and they actually post that they did it, vs. just ninja deleting things.)

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.co...s-solo-queuing



That's just seriously sad.

I've been in lows and mids for a bit now (playing only those brackets since I came back because I don't want to run PVE just to gear). I find that even though I do get crap games where no one cares, I don't seem to get nearly as many of them as I remember encountering in lvl 75 pvp. Maybe because there are enough arenas happening to satisfy people's "deathmatch" lust, so when we get an objective map people are more willing to play it as such? Although, I do leave every single Vandinn, OPG and almost all Quesh. So maybe my sampling is skewed.

Also I seem to get a lot more close games. Sure there are still plenty of run-away matches, where one side really has no chance, but the close contest seems to happen a lot more often. No, I don't have any numbers at all to back that up.



I really do wonder about some people that go off on others for mistakes in lowbies and mids. My favorite response I like for this is... "Yeah, what are you doing here? Why don't you go back to the bracket they have for learning, it's called lowbies... oh wait." At which point, said abuser usually targets me.

Although, I have to admit, I did roll my eyes a bit when I'm in an arena as the only tank, and I put a guard on another jugger as my starting point before the match starts, and he actually REMOVES MY GUARD so he can put his guard on me. Just LoL.
That's a good idea I want to PVP, but can't be arsed to suffer through gearing my 75s atm, I have no inspiration to do that. Maybe doing lowbies would suffice heh. 75s was awful, I have no gear set and rated 270 atm it's painful.
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
I’d still like to know how you find someone’s legacy name if they don’t display it?
Quote: Originally Posted by omaan View Post
Uh you don't know it because it is a secret knowledge of ranked players who use it to see the real appearance of other players through the force.

Floplag's Avatar


Floplag
Today , 10:56 AM | #64
There is 100% nothing wrong with grouping with friends, its a game, of course you should. But, thats also not the complaint.
There are indeed many reasons people group up, most of them totally fine, its what MMOs are about. Then of course there are those who do so for no reason other than advantage. some people you never see without a premade.
When it creates an hugely unbalanced match, the reasons are really kind of moot.
Group up, have fun, its all good, but try to occasionally think about the guys getting crushed under that boot of advantage. Give them a little credit they might put up a better fight instead of simply bailing.
Floplag - Merc/Mando
Referral link, cause why not: http://www.swtor.com/r/wdLxth