Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Gunslinger Advanced Class guide

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Gunslinger / Sniper
Gunslinger Advanced Class guide

Riiquiem
06.20.2012 , 07:28 AM | #121
Thank you, server transfers really did wonders.

Hemo blast lasts for 15 seconds. Thinking of the rotation you posted it would be like this:

Hemo + vital + shrap.

Thats 1,5 secs + 1,5 secs , tick (sb deals dmg on usage), 1 sec, tick (vital shot) and so on..
Don't forget both DOTs only tick every 3 secs.
So when you start with hemo you actually only use roughly about 12 or 11 secs of its duration for a dmg boost, cause you lose the rest to gcd and time you need to hit the keys etc.

Thats 12 / 3 = 4 ticks per DOT if they tick the same time = 8 buffed ticks meaning you lost 2 of the original 10 potentially buffed bleed ticks.
__________________________________________________ _______________________________________

What's your spec atm? Really wondering how you get those numbers with quickshot.
Child of Murakami Orchid - now The Jedi Tower:
The Belegendary Legacy

Aerilon - 50 Gunslinger :: Riqui - 50 Shadow :: Riiquiem - 50 Sage
Jeendra - 48 Sentinel :: C'assus - 24 Commando

GalnarDegana
06.21.2012 , 08:59 AM | #122
Ah, I can see your point on that rotation then. I will check it myself (just because I like to make sure I have all the info) and change it probably. The math doesn't lie though, hard to argue with that.

I am using a Sharpshooter spec right now, seeing how it works with the changes to Trickshot etc. I am using this spec atm:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#700bsrrbRsRGZMcZG.1
Gunslinger Guide | Complete Valor Points List | Official Gunslinger Representative Questions Page
Harbinger: Geldarion ('Slinger), Shadowlands: Geldaria (Sniper)
Owner of The Fanatical Swordsman, cohost for Casual Core Radio, PvP Writer and former cohost for Corellian Run Radio

Riiquiem
06.21.2012 , 09:17 AM | #123
Dude you owe me 100k for respec....

TRICKSHOT =/= QUICKSHOT
The Belegendary Legacy

GalnarDegana
06.21.2012 , 10:45 AM | #124
Quote: Originally Posted by Riiquiem View Post
Dude you owe me 100k for respec....

TRICKSHOT =/= QUICKSHOT
Whoops sorry, I never meant either of those, I was talking about Quickdraw

I looked back at our conversation and I think I might have gotten goofed up because you made Quick Shot one word.

I even used the wrong word when talking about the Field Tech bonus lol. That should've tipped you off that I was thinking about something else :P

Again, sorry about that, mate. You haven't wasted that money though, still a really good build for burst damage.

You probably have no problem with Quickdraw do you?
Gunslinger Guide | Complete Valor Points List | Official Gunslinger Representative Questions Page
Owner of The Fanatical Swordsman, cohost for Casual Core Radio, PvP Writer and former cohost for Corellian Run Radio

Riiquiem
06.21.2012 , 11:28 AM | #125
Well I still refuse to spec into SS, I'm running with 0/21/20 atm

like this

Somehow I don't feel the energy costs to be that high like I remember.
The Belegendary Legacy

GalnarDegana
06.21.2012 , 02:12 PM | #126
I was pretty vehemently opposed to SS for a while, because so much of it is mitigated, but I have been honestly very surprised at the stopping power of it recently. It is still very viable in PvP after the buffs in 1.2.1 hit all of the SS skills (Aimed Shot, Charged Burst, QuickDRAW (see, I got the right one that time lol), Trickshot, and Speed Shot.)

I still prefer Sab, and I might try that spec you just linked, because I have been wanting to try a hybrid spec. I have been thinking about this one too:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#70...RobZGbbkrMhd.1

because it gives me Wounding Shots, but I just adore Sabotage, so I might give yours a shot too and see which one i like better.

Riiquiem
06.21.2012 , 11:56 PM | #127
Quote: Originally Posted by GalnarDegana View Post
I was pretty vehemently opposed to SS for a while, because so much of it is mitigated, but I have been honestly very surprised at the stopping power of it recently. It is still very viable in PvP after the buffs in 1.2.1 hit all of the SS skills (Aimed Shot, Charged Burst, QuickDRAW (see, I got the right one that time lol), Trickshot, and Speed Shot.)

I still prefer Sab, and I might try that spec you just linked, because I have been wanting to try a hybrid spec. I have been thinking about this one too:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#70...RobZGbbkrMhd.1

because it gives me Wounding Shots, but I just adore Sabotage, so I might give yours a shot too and see which one i like better.
When you compare my hbrid to your's you will notice that I completeley avoided wounding shots.
Reason is that speedshot deals the same or even more DMG.
You can look it up in the posts I made about the dmg numbers with the parser.
Also speedshot has 5 less energy costs but 5 secs more cd. -> makes energy management easier

So you get 3 more points you can spex into other skills which put into shock charge slow and sabotage.
This way I have a good and long slow and another tool to bust and regenerate energy.

But still I actually aimed for a SS / Sab hybrid but always had the feeling to miss something important in either of them.

What are your character stats atm?
The Belegendary Legacy

Talyndor
06.27.2012 , 09:49 AM | #128
Time for a 1.3 revamp!!!

This is a great guide, and has helped me tremendously. i run SS, specifically your 31/5/5 build. I do exclusively PvE, and am starting to run Denova HM runs.

I was curious as to your take on how to best spec for hm ops in the post 1.3 world for someone who like and uses the 31/5/5 build.

70 Gunslinger-70 Sage-70 Sentinel-56 Operative

Riiquiem
06.27.2012 , 10:56 AM | #129
Quote: Originally Posted by Talyndor View Post
Time for a 1.3 revamp!!!

This is a great guide, and has helped me tremendously. i run SS, specifically your 31/5/5 build. I do exclusively PvE, and am starting to run Denova HM runs.

I was curious as to your take on how to best spec for hm ops in the post 1.3 world for someone who like and uses the 31/5/5 build.
There is no reason to change anything just because 2 skills have changed their positions... the 31 talent is still viable tho its changes.
The Belegendary Legacy

Xeboj
06.30.2012 , 12:05 AM | #130
loved reading this thread, just re-subbed for 1.3 and it has been very helpful.

i was just wondering which spec in PVP (sab or DF) is better at:
1v1 fights
burning down healers
taking out tanks

in my (very limited) experience, i think it's sab, DF, DF respectively. what do you guys think?