Darth Maul Returns?

AetosV

I was just bumming around on Wookieepedia, and I saw that Darth Maul will be returning in the animated "The Clone Wars", and that he did not, in fact, die at the hands of Obi-Wan Kenobi. Is it just me, or is the Star Wars universe beginning to go downhill?

Merely a thought.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it used to be said that when you saw someone get cut in half and thrown down a mine shaft on screen, you knew that the character died.

Nothing a bit of superglue and a safety pin can't fix.

The miracles of medicine found in your local hardware store .... enough to fix up even the hardiest of split in half Sith.

I was just bumming around on Wookieepedia, and I saw that Darth Maul will be returning in the animated "The Clone Wars", and that he did not, in fact, die at the hands of Obi-Wan Kenobi. Is it just me, or is the Star Wars universe beginning to go downhill?

Merely a thought.

As far as I remember Darth Maul has been cloned similar to how Palpatine appears again around 10-11 ABY and the way that Star-killer got cloned. That would be my explanation but I am not sure.. Long time since I read lore. :)

Apparently my SW:Tor Characters are apart of the Star Wars universe and he's died tens of times and come back :p

Star Wars is episode 1-6 , all else is just BS sort of speak. It's just Lucas wanting more money and consistency is broken left and right in the search for more money!

DARTH MAUL RETURNS FROM ONE OF LUCAS' DEMENTIA INDUCED DREAMS TO SUCK MORE MONEY OUT OF YOUR POCKET!

Honestly...I dont care...after the prequels i've shut off the GCW/Clone Wars lore because I dont think the Clone Wars will ever really be important.

My favorite thing about star wars is the stereo types.

Jabba the Hutt was a crimelord, so all Hutts are crimelords, there was a band full of Biths so all Biths are musical, Darth Maul had tattoos on his face so all zabraks have tattoos.

I miss the original 3 movies, where Jedi seemed like extraordinary humans instead of the gods they've been made into.

Oh for the days that when a character died he would stay dead. Darth Maul was nothing more and nothing less than a tool. He was a weapon used to bring the Sith back into the eyes of the Jedi- he meant for nothing more by Darth Sidious and Darth Plagueis. He was never the heir to the leniage of the Sith- nor was Tyrannus.

Maul, as a character, is flat and uninteresitng, and his time was brief and sweet. That, in my opinion and my opinion only, was a perfect existance for him. The Clone Wars, which, heartbreakingly, is G-Cannon, has already dumbed down the once-menacing General Grievous and perverted the once-proud Mandalorians. Now, Darth Maul, one-time bad guy who was nothing more than a weapon, is going to be ressurected for no other reason than George Lucas- who has FULL authority over the Clone Wars- wants to elaborate on a meaningless character to appease an audiance of none- just like his utilization of that worthless Jar Jar Binks.

Dave Filoni, director of the Clone Wars, can elaborate on an entire universe of unexplored characters, but instead he decides he can't leave well-enough alone and he has to spoil Star Wars. Now even death has no meaning to a character. Get severed completely in half? Not a problem. Fall down a seemingly endless abyss ending in your body becoming virtually liquid? F@#$ it. Not an issue here.

I get quasi-irate over things like this because Star Wars has become a mantle, a dynasty. It's like an enormous fresco that millions upon millions of people have spent nearly four-decades painting. All of us, every Star Wars fan, belong to this legacy, and to have someone like Dave Filoni skip right in and splatter bull-pucky across what was once a work of art is kind of insulting. Not just to fans, but to others who have contributed and seen their works become completely invalid.

Let the flaming begin.

SPOILER.

Maul survived the fall and cut in half. Healed himself, I believe with the force and then later with some tech. Went mad; and during the clone wars his brother finds him and brings him back to "Mother" In which she heals his madness. He then decides he wants to be Palpatines apprentice again and challenges Vader. But like the ****** Vader is, he kills Maul by stabbing himself through his cybernetic torso and piercing maul. He later appears again after a mad scientist attaches his brain to a holonet grid in some city. He is able to attack but not be attacked. Luke fights him and eventually disables the brain. There now you all know.

SPOILER.

Maul survived the fall and cut in half. Healed himself, I believe with the force and then later with some tech. Went mad; and during the clone wars his brother finds him and brings him back to "Mother" In which she heals his madness. He then decides he wants to be Palpatines apprentice again and challenges Vader. But like the ****** Vader is, he kills Maul by stabbing himself through his cybernetic torso and piercing maul. He later appears again after a mad scientist attaches his brain to a holonet grid in some city. He is able to attack but not be attacked. Luke fights him and eventually disables the brain. There now you all know.

We're discussing Maul's upcoming return in the Star Wars: The Clone Wars television series.

If Mary Shelly can create Frankenstein, then we haven't seen the last of ANYONE. Star Wars has taught us that for the cooler characters, death is only the beginning.

That might have an ounce of validity of Darth Maul was one of the cooler, or even remotely important, characters.

I hope it's a trick by Mother Talzin as a way of challenging Darth Sidious and Darth Tyranus

Darth Maul is alive and half insane, he has lost most of his memory and is on the planet Lortho. Darth Maul will return as a six legged cyborg.

Source: Star Wars: The Wrath of Darth Maul

Darth Maul is alive and half insane, he has lost most of his memory and is on the planet Lortho. Darth Maul will return as a six legged cyborg.

Source: Star Wars: The Wrath of Darth Maul

there was a comic book where he came back to kill luke like ten years before ANH, and he only had two legs... and Obiwan beat him, but with six legs...

Edited by Gantoris_Aym