TOR vs WildStar

mortenpro

1. Ability to set role for every Raid (Ops) member

TOR: 0 (you need to remember who is who)

WildStar: 2

Additional commentary: In WildStar, you have much more expanded Loot Management. Also, if I'm correct, you can't need on item if you can't use it.

2. Trading - Ability to bid items and place a custom order

TOR: 0 (you need to spam on chat for hours and hours if you want to buy something for a cheaper price)

Additional commentary: In WildStar you have much more filters.

3. Addons Support

TOR: 0.5

WildStar: 2 (In WildStar, you have built-in game addons support)

4. Ability to customize mounts

TOR: 0

5. Dye System

WildStar: 2 (In Wildstar, you have 3-step dye system, compared to 2-step dye system in TOR. Also, dyes are not consumed on use, if I'm correct)

6. Day and night cycle

WildStar: 2 (really immersive feature)

7. Leveling

TOR: 1 (Quests in TOR, besides voice acting, don't have anything special. After playing a while, they're becoming very repeatable and depressing. Story in Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic was amazing, in TOR... is just acceptable)

WildStar: 2 (In WIldStar, besides normal quests, you have events, challenges and path missions. Leveling is really fun)

8. Game engine

WildStar: 2 (In WildStar, you can play 40vs40 PVP matches, while in TOR you have lags on 16-man Operation)

9. Housing

WildStar: 2 (Housing in WildStar is much more expanded)

10. Crafting

TOR: 1

WildStar: 2 (Crafting in WildStar is so much fun! It's almost like a mini-game)

11. Combat

TOR: 1.5 (Combat is the strongest part of TOR)

WildStar: 2 (Combat in WildStar is totally different, but... funnier than in TOR)

12. Guilds

WildStar: 2 (In WildStar, you can set Guild Holomark, Guild Tax and unlock Guild Perks)

13. ???

There are probably more differences, but I have to discover them!

Final result:

TOR 6.5 : 24 WildStar

So... what's so special about TOR? Nothing! The only special thing in this game is Star Wars Universe.

I'm very happy that I left TOR. I love Star Wars, but there is no point in playing game with this lack of good solutions and ideas.

I will never return to this game, unless it will catch up with WIldStar, which - as we all know - will never happen :)

I will not discuss with you nor read your replies. I just wanted to show you how poor TOR really is :) I know that you will still play this game.

May the Force be with you!

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for making a list specifically with items where you can prove you are right by giving your opinion.

I tried Wildstar and I couldn't make it past level 20 there. In SWTOR I have 16 level 55s

So for leveling:

Wildstar: 0

SWTOR: 10

Have fun in Wildstar, it's ok to like something else but these types of list are just pointless really.

All I took from that litany was that missions in SWTOR seem old and redundant after you've done them a few times while the Wildstar content he's seeing for the first time seems new.

Oh, and I forgot to mention the weekend I tried to play Wildstar. I downloaded the game but could not log in. My cursor would not function with the log-in screen. I Googled the issue and saw that it was a pretty common bug that affected many players. I tried every work-around the posters suggested, but I could never get into the game. So ...

Ability to actually download and log into the game:

SWTOR: 100

Wildstar: 0

Edited by Thoronmir

All I took from that litany was that missions in SWTOR seem old and redundant after you've done them a few times while the Wildstar content he's seeing for the first time seems new.

+1 Couldn't have said it any better than that.

Wildstar?

First, I'm not 9 years old...there's absolutely NOTHING I find appealing about their graphical style. It's cartoony and goofy looking and you should feel bad for playing that kinda crap.

They may have phenomenal systems compared to SWTOR...but as long as it's all hidden behind that ******* elementary school skin, I'll avoid it.

Wildstar?

First, I'm not 9 years old...there's absolutely NOTHING I find appealing about their graphical style. It's cartoony and goofy looking and you should feel bad for playing that kinda crap.

They may have phenomenal systems compared to SWTOR...but as long as it's all hidden behind that ******* elementary school skin, I'll avoid it.

That was my biggest gripe about Wildstar too. Every time I looked at the game all I could think was, "Is this some kind of Ratchet & Clank MMO?"

That was my biggest gripe about Wildstar too. Every time I looked at the game all I could think was, "Is this some kind of Ratchet & Clank MMO?"
Thank you! I was going crazy trying to remember the videogame that Wildstar resembles. That was it ... Ratchet & Clank. Maybe if Ratchet & Clank had a love child with Hello Kitty?

Comment on yours and adding a few of my own

1. Ability to set role for every Raid (Ops) member

TOR: 0 (you need to remember who is who)

2 points for Wildstar?

You do realize that if you use group finder it will put a role icon so the functionality is partially there.

So either Wildstar gets 1 point or SWTOR also gets 1 point:

TOR: 1 (you need to remember who is who)

Additional commentary: In WildStar, you have much more expanded Loot Management. Also, if I'm correct, you can't need on item if you can't use it.

2. Trading - Ability to bid items and place a custom order

TOR: 0 (you need to spam on chat for hours and hours if you want to buy something for a cheaper price)

Additional commentary: In WildStar you have much more filters.

In my experience playing many other MMO's. I never ever used the auction feature if I actually wanted the item.

Well, maybe when I first started playing for a month but after that. Nope. Always bought.

SWTOR gets a plus in my book for removing unused features.

WildStar: 0

3. Addons Support

WildStar: 2 (In WildStar, you have built-in game addons support)

Oh god. Addons.

KEEP THEM AWAY FROM THIS GAME

this is a positive in SWTOR and every other MMO that doesn't have add-on's favor.

TOR: 3

WildStar: 0 (In WildStar, you have built-in game addons support)

4. Ability to customize mounts

5. Dye System

WildStar: 2 (In Wildstar, you have 3-step dye system, compared to 2-step dye system in TOR. Also, dyes are not consumed on use, if I'm correct)

6. Day and night cycle

WildStar: 2 (really immersive feature)

In SWTOR each planet is meant to be a specific time and place.

So it is a different design choice.

WildStar: 0 (really immersive feature)

7. Leveling

TOR: 1 (Quests in TOR, besides voice acting, don't have anything special. After playing a while, they're becoming very repeatable and depressing. Story in Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic was amazing, in TOR... is just acceptable)

WildStar: 2 (In WIldStar, besides normal quests, you have events, challenges and path missions. Leveling is really fun)

yeah after playing Wildstar for a while I really felt like the quests were so much fine and I had any *********** idea what the hell was going on.

Unlike in SWTOR which I actually know why I am doing something.

8. Game engine

WildStar: 2 (In WildStar, you can play 40vs40 PVP matches, while in TOR you have lags on 16-man Operation)

9. Housing

WildStar: 2 (Housing in WildStar is much more expanded)

10. Crafting

WildStar: 2 (Crafting in WildStar is so much fun! It's almost like a mini-game)

11. Combat

TOR: 1.5 (Combat is the strongest part of TOR)

WildStar: 2 (Combat in WildStar is totally different, but... funnier than in TOR)

12. Guilds

WildStar: 2 (In WildStar, you can set Guild Holomark, Guild Tax and unlock Guild Perks)

13. ???

There are probably more differences, but I have to discover them!

Final result:

TOR 6.5 : 24 WildStar

So... what's so special about TOR? Nothing! The only special thing in this game is Star Wars Universe.

I'm very happy that I left TOR. I love Star Wars, but there is no point in playing game with this lack of good solutions and ideas.

I will never return to this game, unless it will catch up with WIldStar, which - as we all know - will never happen :)

I will not discuss with you nor read your replies. I just wanted to show you how poor TOR really is :) I know that you will still play this game.

May the Force be with you!

Now onto mine:

I feel l like I am actually playing a game for adults

Wildstar feels and plays childish. I am fine with a funny game but not one that I am going to log months-years of playtime in.

TOR: 100

WildStar: 0

Edited by ninjonxb

FAQ

Q. If Wildstar is so great why post here?

A. Because Wildstar sucks and they are lonely.

Dunno about the game. Never got to play it myself.

However, I believe the issue here is a bit more psychological. The OP just feels the need to reiterate he's made the right choice by demeaning whatever game Wildstar is supposedly competing with.

Whatever rocks his cradle I guess.