Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bioware wants to kill cartel market weapon sales???

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Bioware wants to kill cartel market weapon sales???

Elsador
10.22.2015 , 01:20 PM | #11
It is the same across all of the crafting. There's an argument to be made that this is also a problem there (and I think that's a valid argument). The difference in the case of hilts/barrels is that ears/implants/relics ARE NOT VISIBLE on a toon, nor do they go into items that can be PURCHASED with real money.

I don't care that you think it "should be hard" to get raid weapons. It's not that I don't think your opinion matters- I do; I just don't think it's relevant to this point because I'm not asking for schematics for raid weapon barrels and hilts. I'm asking for the equivalent of ENTRY LEVEL crafted items just like we've always had. I'm not asking for the trainer to teach me 216, which is story mode and which you think should be hard to get. I'm asking for the vendor to teach me 200, which I can RE into 208.

This is not unreasonable. This is just like every other iteration of endgame in the history of this game.

Elsador
10.22.2015 , 01:22 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by NeuroticCupcake View Post
Oh noes, you may have to occasionally use non-adaptive weapons and armors for a short while as you level/gear up. The horror! The angst! The misery! The unexpectedness! Oh wait, definitely not that last one.

Out of curiosity, why do you think they have random gear drops and mission rewards? Just for decoration?
But it IS unexpected. It's completely different than every other iteration of endgame in the history of SWTOR. It's an unannounced change (yes, I'm aware the addition of "story mode level crafted gear" was announced; the removal of mods and armorings and hilts and barrels was NOT announced, nor was it datamined).

woboashkeinu
10.22.2015 , 01:30 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Khevar View Post
I haven't yet tried SM ops, but apparently they're supposed to be bolstered.

I guess the question is, if there were any craftable grade 40 barrels in 4.0, would they be better than a bolstered grade 36 barrel?
They probably wouldn't be better if bolster really works as designed. That is why the schematics don't exist.

But if bolster works right then why would anyone buy the 208 blues that they gave us on the trainer instead? You can ride to 65 with your old SoR gear because comps are so strong, and keep wearing that gear into flashpoints and 65 storymode ops because of bolster. Apparently bolster works so amazingly that we don't need upgraded biochem stims/ads/pacs either, tee-hee.

Meanwhile, new augment 40s are doing pretty well.

Khevar
10.22.2015 , 01:57 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Elsador View Post
... nor was it datamined).
I'll probably get in trouble for continuing this part of the discussion, but ...

YES. Yes it was. It has been known since August 9th. There was always the chance that it was wrong (as is any data from unofficial sources), but you're REALLY grasping at straws if you're going to sit here with a straight face and say this.

I get that you don't like the change. But things change in this game. At launch, Columi was craftable but Rakata wasn't. Set bonuses were tied to the shells. Then Black Hole / Dread Guard was added, making FULL BEST IN SLOT WITH SET BONUSES available from pure crafting. That changed with 2.0, and top tier gear was no longer craftable.

The 3.0 cycle was unusual in the fact that we only had two tiers of gear (192 and 198) above the craftable 186s. AND viable BoE relic schematics were added. Compare to the 2.0 cycle where after the craftable 156s, you had 168, 172, 180, 186 -- the craftable 156s had practically no value the moment DF/DP was added.

THINGS CHANGE.
THIS IS A CHANGE.
ADAPT.

Elsador
10.22.2015 , 02:12 PM | #15
There was no announcement of this change. Further- and MOST significantly- there is no acknowledgement that this affects people who use cartel market weapon shells.

I get that you're a fan of things. I liked the story, too. I'm even okay with no new ops until who knows when. What I don't get is why anyone at BioWare- or in this thread, including the poster who went all "THIS IS CHANGE" on me- thinks it's okay to do this when it affects real money purchased items from the cartel market.

Maybe it doesn't affect you, and so you're okay with it. But I'm willing to bet there are things you've acquired from the market with cartel coins that, if rendered useless for some period of time by unannounced game changes, would cause at least some minor irritation in even the most fervent fan among you. It's really not okay to say "no, it's fine, things change" when you're talking about real money purchases. I bought the bowcaster years ago- but what about somebody who just bought the cathar war sword on Monday. Or who buys it this week, not realizing that things have changed? Do you think they have a right to their money back? Do you think they'd have a right to be upset?

And, for the record, if weapons were on the outfit designer, this would be moot.

woboashkeinu
10.22.2015 , 02:32 PM | #16
There was no announcement of this change. Further- and MOST significantly- there is no acknowledgement that this affects people who use cartel market weapon shells.

I get that you're a fan of things. I liked the story, too. I'm even okay with no new ops until who knows when. What I don't get is why anyone at BioWare- or in this thread, including the poster who went all "THIS IS CHANGE" on me- thinks it's okay to do this when it affects real money purchased items from the cartel market.

Maybe it doesn't affect you, and so you're okay with it. But I'm willing to bet there are things you've acquired from the market with cartel coins that, if rendered useless for some period of time by unannounced game changes, would cause at least some minor irritation in even the most fervent fan among you. It's really not okay to say "no, it's fine, things change" when you're talking about real money purchases. I bought the bowcaster years ago- but what about somebody who just bought the cathar war sword on Monday. Or who buys it this week, not realizing that things have changed? Do you think they have a right to their money back? Do you think they'd have a right to be upset?

And, for the record, if weapons were on the outfit designer, this would be moot.
I agree with you for the most part, but cartel shells aren't rendered useless. You can put crafted grade 36 mods or green grade 40 com vendor mods in them and let the bolster system work its magic until you get an ops drop or enough elite coms or whatever to rip the bis mods out of.

Basically, the bolster system renders the need for pre-op mods, etc useless as well as the blue gear that seems to be our consolation gift as crafters.

I'm not saying this is a good change, but it's my solution to your cartel shell problem and as a crafter I think it's a garbage system. If we want to enter any kind of barrel/hilt/mod/enhancement/armoring/yadda yadda market now, we have to raid and do conquest( if anyone is going to buy that generic unmoddable 216 gear).

Most crafters have little niches on the side, but i'll just be sticking to the new augments and flooding the dye market since that's all that's left for significant credit gain without raiding 4-6 hours a week on each of my crafting alts for a *chance* at getting a piece of gear with something decent to reverse engineer and a *chance* at being given the exotic mat to craft it.

eartharioch
10.22.2015 , 02:49 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Khevar View Post
I'll probably get in trouble for continuing this part of the discussion, but ...

YES. Yes it was. It has been known since August 9th. There was always the chance that it was wrong (as is any data from unofficial sources), but you're REALLY grasping at straws if you're going to sit here with a straight face and say this.

I get that you don't like the change. But things change in this game. At launch, Columi was craftable but Rakata wasn't. Set bonuses were tied to the shells. Then Black Hole / Dread Guard was added, making FULL BEST IN SLOT WITH SET BONUSES available purecrafting. That changed with 2.0, and top tier gear was no longer craftable.

The 3.0 cycle was unusual in the fact that we only had two tiers of gear (192 and 198) above the craftable 186s. AND viable BoE relic schematics were added. Compare to the 2.0 cycle where after the craftable 156s, you had 168, 172, 180, 186 -- the craftable 156s had practically no their value the moment DF/DP was added.

THINGS CHANGE.
THIS IS A CHANGE.
ADAPT.
IIRC, 156 was Basic Comm gear *at the start* of 2.x Just 2.x lasted so long that other gears eventually got added. IMO, 3.x was the ideal balance -- crafted (from trainer schems) could get you better stat allocation than Basic Comm gear (but still at the same item level). I really think not making Basic (CDC) Modifications & Relics craftable is lame.

That said, as OP pointed out, it's only an issue with weapons and Relics, since Outfit Designer (or not being visible) covers everything else.

And that said, between Bolster and Lolster (level synce), GSIsus Droids, Presence Bonuses, and the general weak sauce of leveling challenges, it's not like stats actually matter that much, so it's more of a principle of the thing.
Q: What did the five fingers say to the face?
A: It's a SLAP!
This is not my referral link

Karkais
10.22.2015 , 03:09 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by woboashkeinu View Post
apparently to use them at 65 you're either supposed to buy the 42/43 mods that you can only make if you raid, therefor limited supply therefor not cheap, buy SoR 36 mods from crafters and let the bolster system do its work, or buy 40 green mods from com vendors and let the bolster system do its work.

good news though: crafters can train blue and purple augment 40s and mk-8 augment kits, so you'll be reasonably covered there.
I have absolutely no idea whats being said here. Is this a F2P thing?
"What is a Sith? Over time, the beliefs have changed, but one constant has remained. The imposition of one's will on the force, on the environment surrounding one, on the galaxy itself." - Darth Wyyrlok III

Khevar
10.22.2015 , 03:18 PM | #19
Maybe it doesn't affect you, and so you're okay with it. But I'm willing to bet there are things you've acquired from the market with cartel coins that, if rendered useless for some period of time by unannounced game changes, would cause at least some minor irritation in even the most fervent fan among you.
How is not having craftable grade 40 barrels resulting in a cartel market item being "rendered useless"?

Let's look at some of the content you may want to do, now that 4.0 is here:

1. Flashpoints - Bolstered. Is a grade 40 barrel even going to make a difference?
2. SM Operations - Bolstered. Is a grade 40 barrel even going to make a difference?
3. Level Sync'ed planets with Heriocs - Stat Capped - Grade 40 barrel DEFINITELY won't matter here.

What does that leave? HM/NM ops? What about your Bowcaster has been rendered useless, exactly?

And just to be clear, I'm not defending the change. I wish there were grade 40 mods to craft. I loved the 3.0 cycle.

I'm objecting to your hyperbole and bad logic.

ShinDoRai
10.22.2015 , 03:30 PM | #20
the problem with all that is simple, ....they dont realy have a cloue how to make a good expac or even a good mmo....
they know their basics ( story telling ), and thats it...
i never ever could imagine that a mmo was so dumped down and a sell out like swtor is right now.

u force us now to buy crap and bad designed items ( not all, but most of it ), cos u realized it that swtor couldn get the turn. whats the catch ? dident u ever tryed a other mmo game in ur life.

and let me get that right...,there was progress in a good way, or some in a bad way...but why u made a disaster of it now....( not speaking of the story part, cos thats a good one ). are u thinking that ur customers are retard dumb monkeys...that can´t choose the right main stat, skilltree, items to craft, pvp/pve gear. cant belive that its our fault when u not come up with a good tutorial....it was all the way down ur fault since 1.0...
u released it too early in a meesi way....not finished not ready to hit the stores....and every time u tryed to get the ppls back or busy in game u screwed. and all ur old customers or that player base is gone...thanks to €A on that point.

and guess what...4.0 wouldn´t bring anyone of them back now...
the lack of info for 4.0 was well planed to ( not ) inform any of ur loyal fanbase.
and all the changes are more than bad.not thoughtful and make in many ways no sense. its like , someone turned on the "idiot button easy mode brain afk" modus.

but again...u know that....
try to get the last drop out of the cow now.
after u screwed crafting to useless, removed all shell items from planet vendors on the fleet and messed it up with the companions useability, there is no need to be interessted anymore .....even if u get a oscar for storytelling, the game is far behind that in a mmo-way. where is now our progress to do crafting, fps, ops at all.....if u get all thrown in ur ***. and in game is not realy now anything that could hold ppls to play....

only fresh and new customers, or ppls that like the story part ( retard idiots..get a single player game like witcher 3 ) gonna stay....but 4 me its time to say good night good fight.....there are still better mmos out there than this mess.
unterschätz mich ruhig, umso lustiger wird's für mich.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esbI1...eature=related