Why Can't I Make Medpacs?

scameter

I have a level 18 Sith sorcerer with the crew skills Biochem, Bioanalysis and Diplomacy as it recommends. I have gathered a lot of materials with Bioanalysis and Diplomacy, including 92 biochemical bonding agents and 48 luminescent cell cultures, but I have no green goo, which is the necessary ingredient to make combat medpacs, and I only have 5 dielectrics fibers to make stims. I am gathering a bunch of stuff I can't use to craft. What are these materials for, and how can I get materials to actually use Biochem, or can I only get stuff from killing animals or gathering it in the wilds? Thanks.

But the one thing I need for medpacs, green goo, I never get from my bioanalysis or diplomacy missions I send my droid on. I'm currently on Balmorra and I rarely fight creatures or find plants to harvest, so it's proving pretty hard to advance my biochem.

But the one thing I need for medpacs, green goo, I never get from my bioanalysis or diplomacy missions I send my droid on. I'm currently on Balmorra and I rarely fight creatures or find plants to harvest, so it's proving pretty hard to advance my biochem.

you will get them from bioanalysis missions (no bioanalysis mats come from diplomacy, are you sending them out on biochemical compound or biochemical sample missions. the green goo is a compound, so you need to send them out on compound missions from bioanalysis

Green Goo is extremely common off the potted plants (and occasional organic corpse) in Coruscant. At your level you can just double back, dodge the very low level bad guys, and scoop up as much as you need. This is, however, time consuming so you might want to snag a stack off the GTN. If listings are high enough to make your wallet tremble, consider using as few as possible to level past tier one - and then sell the rest to turn a nice little profit. Even with the time spent running around, it's much faster than waiting for the right kind of mission to show up, then sending out a companion and hoping they bring back the right samples.

Make sure you are running the right level and type of bioanalysis missions. If you hover over the Green Goo on the ingredient list, it will tell you "level 1 compound' or "level 2 sample" or whatever it is. Match it up with the right mission. I made this mistake a lot.

• 2 months later...

Guys, I need help with Biochem. I just cannot use this skill anymore. Yesterday I was making some stims, made like 5 of them, than did some questing, than try to make some meds, but i just cannot use Biochem anymore. I am Sub, not F2P, my companions are not on the missions, or anything, I have suff to make like 70 meds, but still, when i click on the Meds icon, nothing happens, same with the stims I was making before! And I have stuff to make those stims as well, many of them. I restarted UI and game client, still nothing, pls help!

Edit: sorted :D

Edited by DeeJayPL

Materials you gather from bioanalysis nodes roughly match the combat level that a planet is rated at. If you didn't start crafting anything until after you left Dromund Kaas (which, since you only had 1 companion until you got your ship droid, is a reasonable thing to expect), then you may also not have thought to gather any materials while you were on DK. From the list of what you do have, it sounds like you're on Balmorra now.

I'd go back to DK and just roam around in any jungle area. DK has tons of bioanalysis nodes for harvesting and lots of strong or elite animals you can kill and harvest for mats as well. It shouldn't take you long, using your one companion to help you fight if you need to and keeping your ship droid constantly making green-quality medpacks and stims before you level up to more complex items.

Just remember to visit your crew skills trainer every 20 points or so of biochem skill to look for new schematics to craft. Be aware that you will soon need items like "First Aid Kit"s and "Hypo-syringe"s -- "white" crafting materials -- to craft more complex items. You can get those by actually running bioanalysis missions but for those two particular items, it is cheaper and quicker to buy them from a crew skills vendor. You can buy a stack of them by shift-left clicking on the item in the vendor's list, same as you would do to split a stack of something in your inventory.

Finally, don't think you need to purchase every single schematic that is available to you from your trainer. I hardly ever use adrenals because they have a short duration and by the time I realize I have one available, I've usually killed whatever I was attacking anyway. Since I have more than one character with biochem, on any new toon I chose biochem for I only take whatever implants and stimulants I would actually use. My main biochem toon crafts everything for everyone else. No point buying schematics that you will never use.

Guys, I need help with Biochem. I just cannot use this skill anymore. Yesterday I was making some stims, made like 5 of them, than did some questing, than try to make some meds, but i just cannot use Biochem anymore. I am Sub, not F2P, my companions are not on the missions, or anything, I have suff to make like 70 meds, but still, when i click on the Meds icon, nothing happens, same with the stims I was making before! And I have stuff to make those stims as well, many of them. I restarted UI and game client, still nothing, pls help!

Edit: sorted :D

I've seen similar threads lately regarding people not being able to use Crew Skills or to unlock some they have purchased (for F2Pers). Sounds like somethinb is bugged regarding crew skills right now. Make sure you /bug it in game; otherwise, I got nothing.