On Companions

Damask_Rose

There have been a number of threads about companions, so I pulled together most of them into one wish list. Some we know are in the works, and some we hope are in the works, and others are probably pie in the sky wishes.

Companion content:

- We are all eager for Ch. 4 to carry on our companions' stories!

-- Same Gender Romances are expected during the "story" patch.

-- More Opposite Gender Romances are hoped for. 2 per gender would be great so everyone has a choice in who they romance.

- New companion quests shouldn't include the old "Hey I need to take care of this... fade to black...I'm back! Thanks for supporting me!" type quests. We would like to go with them to help out, like we do with our first companions.

- Quests where you would have multiple companions out at the same time would be cool, put probably not in the current tech.

- Companion dailies so we would have something to do with them after we finish their quests. Affection rewards would be great for those that aren't capped!

-New letters in between story patches. (A little bone to toss us when other aspects of the game are getting love!)

- Give closure to Quinn's story. A lot of people will be angry if he isn't dealt with more thoroughly in ch. 4

Companion Looks:

- More customizations. More variety is always good!

--When we preview customizations, it would really help if we could zoom in on the face.

- More body type 3 companions in the future would be nice! Some romance-able aliens for the girls too..

- The ability to inspect other people's companions gear.

- How about a toggle for some dark side corruption?

- A lot of people would like a usable shock collar. Poor Quinn :eek:

- Let Vector, Qyzen & Jorgan show some skin when they wear Covert Armor! Likewise Ashara should show skin when she wears a slave outfit. (Any other companions with permanent under things?)

Companions on board:

- I'd like them in more prominent locations on my ships. Too many of them are tucked away in rooms I never visit. It'd be great if they'd have some animations too so they don't look like mannequins. Or interact with each other.

- A lot of people would like to freeze annoying companions in carbonite and hang them in the ship until needed.

- It would be very cool if we could use our holoterminal to re-watch old companion conversations. That would be a great legacy item!

- Send companions off to put crafting materials into the cargo hold, same as they sell grey items.

- Allow us to have a companion summoned in our ship so we can still check their gear or give them gifts.

- Show our companions sitting next to us on taxis. Maybe make some two seat speeders as well so our companions don't disappear every time we take a ride.

Romancing the companion:

- The player should be able to change their mind. If at any time they decide to end a relationship, it should end. Conversely, a lot of people would like a second chance to start a romance that they first passed on.

Married companions:

- The marriages need better recognition! A cut scene of the actual marriage would be very appreciated. (Ch. 4?)

- Their random comments and pokes should be a little more familiar than the ones you get when you first meet them!

- Unlock-able emotes for a hug or a kiss would be cute. Or a slow dance.

--Speaking of dance emotes... could the current one be lengthened or looped?

- Add them to our legacy family tree. RPers would love to show marriages and children!

Crafty companions:

-Companion gear with crafting bonuses. I think any method of making a companion's crafting bonuses match the character's actual craft would work, but this is the only idea I've seen for it.

Emoting companions:

-Companion emotes! For example /companiontickle Khem Val tickles playerx.

Edited by Damask_Rose

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Married companions:

-The marriages need better recognition! A cut scene of the actual marriage would be very appreciated. (Ch. 4?)

-Their random comments and pokes should be a little more familiar than the ones you get when you first meet them!

-Unlock-able emotes for a hug or a kiss would be cute. Or a slow dance.

-I've seen requests for companion dailies so we would have something to do with them after we finish their quests.

Great post. /signed - especially the part about married companions and random comments/unlockable emotes. That would be awesome!

All great stuff Would love to see all of this.

I would like to add darkside/lightside point for companiosn need to be effected by our choices in someway. darkside corruption needs to be selectable on comps.

I would also like for the companion I have out to be able to walk around the ship with me. I have to dock or land to apply gifts for them and that sucks.

I have a bed on my ship but can't cozy with kira on it even though we got hitched. would love to log off with her in my arms or have future conversations in bed. think of anakin and padme sleeping together in revenge of the sith. would make the trouble of going through all those conversation seem more real to me.

NPC offspring or adopted children for same sex romances would be awesome. also the ability to add them to the family tree would be awesome.

Bottom line for me is this game is about me and my companions. I think legacy for thr ship and comps should be the reason legacy is there. I don't care about brawler moves I want my ship and comps have entire legacys about just that.

Edited by nartiuslightlord

Good work on the list, agree with all.

Would also be good for the `incompatible alignment' and

Betrayal

companions response types and outcomes to be reworked to improve immersion.

The ability to place binders/shock collars on the incompatible/offending companions with the conversation option `Shut up Slave(Shock)/Prisoner' in future conversations would be good.

As would a crew mission `Sent to the Spice Mines of Kessel' which takes the offending character off your ship for 12 months and removes them from bridge conversations.

Edited by VelRathis

I would really like the companion quests that consist of "I have a problem." "Oh, yeah?" "Yep, I'll just leave and take care of it, k?" *fade to black* "I'm back." to actually be fleshed out. It just seems like they really didn't have the time to implement most of them, since most of them would actually be quite doable with the character.

For instance, 4X in the trooper quests talks about how Havoc Squad should take out high profile targets, but when it comes down to it he's the only one going out and doing so. It would make more logical sense for it to be a real quest where you and 4X go on your merry spree of Imperial-hunting.

Having a cutscene where you marry your companion is so awkward. I felt awkward enough during Doc's proposal >.>...

It's as awkward for the viewer as watching the "sex" sequences from Dragon Age and Mass Effect. I don't want to be in the room when people go about and do that. It makes you the weird kid in the corner of the room just gawking at the two people making love.

We'll probably have extended companion story with expansion packs when our levels are expanded.

IMO this thread should focus on what Bioware can do NOW. Not what they can write and work on now and then have it all ready in a year.

IMO this thread should focus on what Bioware can do NOW. Not what they can write and work on now and then have it all ready in a year.

Well, to be honest, most of the story-involved stuff is going to take a lot of lead time. I believe I read somewhere that the writers are one of the first groups that work on something like that, then it goes to the other teams. The stuff that's easy to add now, yes, I'd like to see them, but that's no reason not to discuss things that could be done in the future.

And if you don't like the cut scenes we have a fabulous thing called a spacebar :)

I would so love to log in and just get a random letter from my companions here and there. I realise that it might not be feasible, but one can hope! Also I know it has already been said but I am writing it again to emphasize it - daily or weekly companion quests. More conversations. Eh, I would love to be able to visit their homeworlds (if feasible - depending on which companion it is). More smoochy times! I could keep going - but most of this has been said before.

Keep the ideas coming, even if they never eventuate, its fun to think about it anyway. :)

Creating a new letter once in a while would be nice, esp. during patches like 1.3 where there probably won't be much, if any, companion love. What is rumored to be in 1.3 for companions beyond the legacy affection unlock? I think the gear toggles are quite possible.

Creating a new letter once in a while would be nice, esp. during patches like 1.3 where there probably won't be much, if any, companion love. What is rumored to be in 1.3 for companions beyond the legacy affection unlock? I think the gear toggles are quite possible.

Considering how much time I spent tonight alone hunting down head gear that doesn't make my eyes bleed on our sparse gtn hide-head-slot cannot come too soon.

Here is a crumb from Facebook. "Though BioWare is working on new content for companion quests as well as world quests that aren’t tied to dungeons, that type of thing won’t be ready for 1.3." "Expect a return to big content with 1.4." Not much, but at least they are thinking about us enough to comment!

This is the full article. http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/05/21/star-wars-the-old-republics-13-patch-revealed

I have to say, every time I read some of their plans for future content it seems pretty clear that they have big plans and a lot of future stories and features and all that planned. They have to get some of the big stuff affecting playability (like lfg and server transfers) done first, but hopefully their time will eventually be spent on the fun stuff.

As a first step, the main thing I would really like to see is actual quests for all your companions rather than just your first one. It wouldn’t need to be new quest lines either, just let me go on the quests they go on by themselves, instead of the following:

Companion: I’ve got to go to Nar Shaaddaa to take care of some really important stuff.

Me: Ok lets go. I got your back!

Companion: No no , You can stay here, I can handle this myself.

Me: :(

In SWG they had something where you could speak through NPCs you placed. Would be an awesome RP tool here if you could use /companionsay and /companionemote.

This way you could RP with your companions and they can interact with other players.

Khem Val tickles you lol