graphics bug or hack

Hefaiston

wondering if people have played starfigter, boosted and self destructed due to an object spawning a split second before you self destruct. if its slow loading of objects or people spawn things? have seen wierd things that indicate both

That's just slow loading of objects.

• 1 month later...
wondering if people have played starfigter, boosted and self destructed due to an object spawning a split second before you self destruct. if its slow loading of objects or people spawn things? have seen wierd things that indicate both

There are no solid objects that "spawn" in GSF. If you hit something, it was already there. Could be a graphics issue. your UI not loading things fast enough. Won't be a hack. Lower skilled players always assume things they don't understand are hacks. Check the recent "Hackers" thread for examples and answers. There is an invisible solid box in Kuat Domination map. A coding error that is permanently there. You may have hit that, but its in a very obscure place that most people will never fly through.

To close this point; I would say that 99.999999999999% of Self destructs are player error. Even at Ace level. Understanding what your error was is more likely the case.

Very late answer, but if this is under B in Lost Shipyards domination, there used to be some invisible geometry there that you could only see from one angle, but that was fixed a while ago. It's possible it's back; it wouldn't be the first time. It's possible there are other places like it, too, and hitting it can kill you for sure. I'll see if I can find a screenshot.

Edit: Screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/CWiiLX9.png

Taken when my rig was a potato but I confirmed with others that this was the same for everyone.

Edited by DakhathKilrathi