Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New Miraluka mask options

SukaShen
05.12.2013 , 04:07 PM | #21
The Miraluka are my playable race of choice and i would love to see more mask options! Here is basically a photo dump of Miraluka masks that might make nice additions to the Customization Kiosk:

Simple black mask for sith and dark jedi players.

Plated visor.

Simple black wrap with jewel embellishment.

Mask + Long hair options.

Maskless Miraluka

Classic white bandages.

RowanThursday
05.12.2013 , 05:41 PM | #22
Hm... you know, not to be beating the same sub-topic to death, but, interesting... reading about Visas Marr, and the accompanying art, it looks almost as if the 'always covered sockets' is a bit of memetic mutation, which might explain the oddity of it.

Excuse my lore-ignorance, but, from what I've read, it looks almost as if Marr was veiled not because she was an eyeless miraluka, whose sockets were normally just shallow depressions of flesh- as seen in that 'unmasked' illustration referenced a couple of times in this thread- but because Darth Nihilus had kindly scraped *out* that flesh, leaving her with scarred and hollow sockets, which would sort of explain her being veiled.

Were there many canon Miraluka before her? I'm wondering if- well, the 'veiled because no eyes thing' then got retroactively applied to the whole race, ignoring the specific circumstances and scarring she had which caused it.
"... Pointless meatbag bickering."
-- HK-55

sonyajeb
05.13.2013 , 05:08 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by RowanThursday View Post
Hm... you know, not to be beating the same sub-topic to death, but, interesting... reading about Visas Marr, and the accompanying art, it looks almost as if the 'always covered sockets' is a bit of memetic mutation, which might explain the oddity of it.

Excuse my lore-ignorance, but, from what I've read, it looks almost as if Marr was veiled not because she was an eyeless miraluka, whose sockets were normally just shallow depressions of flesh- as seen in that 'unmasked' illustration referenced a couple of times in this thread- but because Darth Nihilus had kindly scraped *out* that flesh, leaving her with scarred and hollow sockets, which would sort of explain her being veiled.

Were there many canon Miraluka before her? I'm wondering if- well, the 'veiled because no eyes thing' then got retroactively applied to the whole race, ignoring the specific circumstances and scarring she had which caused it.
Huh, very interesting. I honestly don't remember any before her, but then again, I am hardly a lore expert. If there's somebody who's more up on their Miraluka lore, I'd love to know the answer to this!

Sourion
05.14.2013 , 12:22 AM | #24
Jerec was a miraluka too.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jerec

sonyajeb
05.22.2013 , 03:27 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by AsheraII View Post
Have miraluka masks unify to chest maybe? Uhmm, wait, how would a miraluka know what color his/her chestpiece is in the first place, and how would a miraluka know his/her blindfold doesn't match?
Just kidding, ofcourse, but I'm serious about the unify to chest thingy!
That would be very cool, but I doubt it's all that feasible, since the masks are not treated as part of your armor, but instead are part of your character's base look. Making a match to chest for masks would probably be along the same lines as a match to chest for eye color or hair color.

GrandLancer
07.11.2013 , 03:07 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by ganondorq View Post
i would love just a simple blindfold, like it has in the pic for the species >.<
This! I was saddened not to find that as an option when creating my Miraluka character...

Magnusheart
07.13.2013 , 08:47 PM | #27
/support

Why no blindfolds?

awachs
08.12.2013 , 02:59 PM | #28
/support

The only reason I'm not playing a Miraluka is because all of their mask options were horrid.

Ireul
08.13.2013 , 10:26 PM | #29
/support

Right now my Sith Inquisitor is wearing ragged bandages and I'm kinda ok with it, but I would LOVE a blindfold more befitting her Darth status. A simple white bandage wrap like that in the race icon image would be awesome as well.

Oh, and please keep it to blindfolds, the head covers are alright, but they kinda defeat the purpose of the CC by overriding half the options.
Everybody has got to die sometime, so stop squirming and make this easier for me.

RevansSoul
09.06.2013 , 12:32 PM | #30
I would welcome new Miraluka masks as well.