SWTOR 6.0 Guide Mercenary DPS Arsenal / Innovative ordonance

Dark-Leitsim

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My personal Preference is to use Supercharge right after my first Dots. Yes, the downside is that you don't get the full duration of Electro Net under Supercharge, but you get more damage down in the first seconds, which do profit from Raidbuffs. Furthermore, you have a Chance of generating one SC-Stack, two if you are really really lucky through Concentrated Fire.

Speaking of which, there is another downside of delaying Supercharge: The additional SC Burn Dot will contribute to the Stack generation of Concentrated Fire. So, if you are not lucky, you won't have the 10% crit for Mag and UL. SCBurn increases the Chance for it to procc. A solution would be to stack one time directly before the Pull (At "5" or something) to gain the Bonus. Now we just have to hope for no relic Procs...

TLDR: I use SC right at the beginning, but this is much to personal preference, I think. I like how you do "there are no rules… just a Feeling with practice" on all the Newbies... Don't tell our secrets ;)

• 2 weeks later...
High alac (2374) build for arsenal is better imo. It has excatly same hit values with BIS gear, but it does everything faster. That`s only thing I disagree here

Great work man

So with Arsenal 2374 is the max cutoff for total alacrity if you are going for the Alacrity build versus the Critical hit build? Right now I have 800 Alacrity so even though I am not optimized perfectly yet as I just started playing again after a long break, my toon is leaning heavily towards the high Crit build. What is the perfect cutoff for the crit build then, 600-650 alacrity and the rest in Crit?

I have wondered if I’d like a high alacrity build now. In the past I always did like the faster channels and attacks with high alacrity builds, but right now I am finally having some success hitting decently hard now after working on gears for the past 3 weeks so don’t want to mess anything up while also wasting millions of credits getting different augs etc etc.

So with Arsenal 2374 is the max cutoff for total alacrity if you are going for the Alacrity build versus the Critical hit build? Right now I have 800 Alacrity so even though I am not optimized perfectly yet as I just started playing again after a long break, my toon is leaning heavily towards the high Crit build. What is the perfect cutoff for the crit build then, 600-650 alacrity and the rest in Crit?

I have wondered if I’d like a high alacrity build now. In the past I always did like the faster channels and attacks with high alacrity builds, but right now I am finally having some success hitting decently hard now after working on gears for the past 3 weeks so don’t want to mess anything up while also wasting millions of credits getting different augs etc etc.

2374 alacrity is 1.3 GCD for Arsenal and Carnage right now

You`ll be left with about 2100crit with good augs, so about 37% crit chance

But Concetrated Fire buffs your crit chance upto 47%

So you can have higher crit chance than most classes (which has no alac buff, for example my PT with perfect stats has 44-45% crit chance with 3.3k crit) and higher alac treashold at once

high crit build is mentioned in this guide, but its unreachable, so you waste few alac points on it

also you don`t want to go too high with crit, because it becomes less efficient at some point (I think its 3.5k max), so you will prob need to put some mastery augments if you go for it

Edited by sebakonkol

My toon is leaning heavily towards the high Crit build. What is the perfect cutoff for the crit build then, 600-650 alacrity and the rest in Crit?

For 1.4 second global cooldown, you want to hit 1213 alacrity points if you run a spec that doesn't get an alacrity boost. For arsenal, which gets a 3% boost, you want to hit 7.15% alacrity, which will require 713 points of alacrity. Make sure you hit these targets. Anything under, and any points in alacrity are a waste. Too much over is also a waste. You want to hit the threshold without going over too much. With all the R-1 R-2 R-3 etc. variations of enhancements, it's actually quite easy to hit these targets exactly using many different combinations, once you've stockpiled some alacrity enhancements on multiple alts.

Edited by Shobs
Added alacrity points that will hit 7.15% alacrity

For 1.4 second global cooldown, you want to hit 1213 alacrity points if you run a spec that doesn't get an alacrity boost. For arsenal, which gets a 3% boost, you want to hit 7.15% alacrity. Sorry but I don't remember exactly how many points this is with the 3% buff. Make sure you hit these targets. Anything under, and any points in alacrity are a waste. Too much over is also a waste. You want to hit the threshold without going over too much. With all the R-1 R-2 R-3 etc. variations of enhancements, it's actually quite easy to hit these targets exactly using many different combinations, once you've stockpiled some alacrity enhancements on multiple alts.

Thank you!

2374 alacrity is 1.3 GCD for Arsenal and Carnage right now

You`ll be left with about 2100crit with good augs, so about 37% crit chance

But Concetrated Fire buffs your crit chance upto 47%

So you can have higher crit chance than most classes (which has no alac buff, for example my PT with perfect stats has 44-45% crit chance with 3.3k crit) and higher alac treashold at once

high crit build is mentioned in this guide, but its unreachable, so you waste few alac points on it

also you don`t want to go too high with crit, because it becomes less efficient at some point (I think its 3.5k max), so you will prob need to put some mastery augments if you go for it

Thank you!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
For 1.4 second global cooldown, you want to hit 1213 alacrity points if you run a spec that doesn't get an alacrity boost. For arsenal, which gets a 3% boost, you want to hit 7.15% alacrity, which will require 713 points of alacrity.

I was told the number was 663. Which is it, 663 or 713 for 1.4 sgc?

I was told the number was 663. Which is it, 663 or 713 for 1.4 sgc?

technically the right number is 663 but 713 is usually recommended instead as it results in the lowest amount of lost stats, three augments (3*108) and the lowest enhancement (389)

if all you are doing is non-maxlevel content you can get 663 through the suboptimal enhancements with more/less endurance/power but for maxlevel content people use 713

Edited by RikuvonDrake