voss imperial perspective ***SPOILERS***

Veeius

Ok, I haven't done this as Republic, so I don't know, but from an Imp's perspective, I have to say that I don't understand voss.

The first thing I get that's important is that there used to be an alliance between the voss & the jedi. My initial reaction was *NOT* "omg, destroy all evidence that they used to be allies!" My initial reaction was "huh... well, if they used to be allies, I wonder what the jedi did to break that alliance.

Lo & behold, I was right on the money, the Jedi were responsible for the creation of the Gormak... so... instead of destroying evidence, why don't we just walk up to the voss & say "Uh, yeah, you know those guys you REALLY REALLY REALLY HATE? yeah, the Jedi were responsible. Don't ally with them, yo."

Next thing - If the voss flat out hate the Gormak so much, why are they determined to keep the Gormak chained to the planet? I'd have thought they'd be like "The Gormak are making a space ship to get off Voss? Well don't let the hatch hit you where the good mystic split you." Instead they want to destroy the ship. As someone who generally eschews darkness, my response to that is "You're a jerk, and I'ma stomp your face in."

Lastly, the Voss in general are jerks. So I do a TON of things for the ingrates, and one of the last quests I stumble on start with a voss saying "you imperials suck because you won't do this thing that I could do myself, so I think Voss should go 'pub side" - again w/ the face stomp thing.

I love most of the content, it's very immersive, so when I get to Voss and see what's going on, my response is "Hey, that thing we did on Taris, any chance we can pull that off here?"

As a Sith I found the Voss rather interesting.

I did the Voss World Series and the Bonus Series and neither liked nor disliked the Voss.

They were arrogant yes, but after fighting so many arrogant Jedi and fellow Sith it just made them seem familiar.

After killing the Avatar of Sel-Makor I decided to tell the Voss that the Jedi had caused the creation of the Gormak (Dark), rather than inform them that both they and the Gormak had common ancestry (Light).

The Bonus Series was a little annoying, "What you still doubt my power?" But hey, I'm used to people underestimating me - half the NPCs seem to do that.

And for the record, they state that if the Gormak gain space travel the Gormak will gain access to technology from the galaxy at large, come back and KILL EVERY SINGLE VOSS.

(A part of me almost wanted to christen the ship so I could wait a couple years for the show:D)

As for why the Empire wants them?

1) Visions of the Future in greater abundance than most Sith.

2) They can heal pretty much ANY non-mortal wound.

Arm chopped off? Let's reattach that! Incurable disease? Cured!

As a Sith I found the Voss rather interesting.

I did the Voss World Series and the Bonus Series and neither liked nor disliked the Voss.

They were arrogant yes, but after fighting so many arrogant Jedi and fellow Sith it just made them seem familiar.

After killing the Avatar of Sel-Makor I decided to tell the Voss that the Jedi had caused the creation of the Gormak (Dark), rather than inform them that both they and the Gormak had common ancestry (Light).

The Bonus Series was a little annoying, "What you still doubt my power?" But hey, I'm used to people underestimating me - half the NPCs seem to do that.

And for the record, they state that if the Gormak gain space travel the Gormak will gain access to technology from the galaxy at large, come back and KILL EVERY SINGLE VOSS.

(A part of me almost wanted to christen the ship so I could wait a couple years for the show:D)

As for why the Empire wants them?

1) Visions of the Future in greater abundance than most Sith.

2) They can heal pretty much ANY non-mortal wound.

Arm chopped off? Let's reattach that! Incurable disease? Cured!

Man, I really REALLY hated that fight in your spoiler.... and I still have a Sniper and Assassin to take through there... ugh. :p

Ok, I haven't done this as Republic, so I don't know, but from an Imp's perspective, I have to say that I don't understand voss.

The first thing I get that's important is that there used to be an alliance between the voss & the jedi. My initial reaction was *NOT* "omg, destroy all evidence that they used to be allies!" My initial reaction was "huh... well, if they used to be allies, I wonder what the jedi did to break that alliance.

Lo & behold, I was right on the money, the Jedi were responsible for the creation of the Gormak... so... instead of destroying evidence, why don't we just walk up to the voss & say "Uh, yeah, you know those guys you REALLY REALLY REALLY HATE? yeah, the Jedi were responsible. Don't ally with them, yo."

Next thing - If the voss flat out hate the Gormak so much, why are they determined to keep the Gormak chained to the planet? I'd have thought they'd be like "The Gormak are making a space ship to get off Voss? Well don't let the hatch hit you where the good mystic split you." Instead they want to destroy the ship. As someone who generally eschews darkness, my response to that is "You're a jerk, and I'ma stomp your face in."

Lastly, the Voss in general are jerks. So I do a TON of things for the ingrates, and one of the last quests I stumble on start with a voss saying "you imperials suck because you won't do this thing that I could do myself, so I think Voss should go 'pub side" - again w/ the face stomp thing.

I love most of the content, it's very immersive, so when I get to Voss and see what's going on, my response is "Hey, that thing we did on Taris, any chance we can pull that off here?"

Well theres a legend on Voss claiming that the "last Gormak must not die", so if they exterminate the Gormak completely, the Voss themselves will die, and that spaceship of theirs would instantly make the Gormak a new galactic Superpower, and we dont want that do we?

I just didn't understand why I was killing the gormak instead of helping them. What do the voss have to offer the empire, exactly? Lots of vague visions and time wasted on deliberation? The gormak are awesome techo-genius warriors, and the empire could have gained their allegiance with a simple "hey, here's a ton of our weapons tech, let's wipe out the voss together" rather than wasting time trying to earn the affection of a useless hippie commune. Edited by Sarog

Pretty much yeah.

Also the Gormak could probably whip out technoorganic implants in a few months that would make the republic power guard program look like sea slugs...

So what's better, vague force visions that bite you in the *** as often as they help you or sith lords that can rip durasteel bulkheads apart with their eyelashes without using the force?

I just didn't understand why I was killing the gormak instead of helping them. What do the voss have to offer the empire, exactly? Lots of vague visions and time wasted on deliberation? The gormak are awesome techo-genius warriors, and the empire could have gained their allegiance with a simple "hey, here's a ton of our weapons tech, let's wipe out the voss together" rather than wasting time trying to earn the affection of a useless hippie commune.

The Gormak view anyone who uses the force as being "corrupted". They aren't going to align with the Sith Empire no matter how much the Sith offer them.

Anyways you are heavily underestimating the usefulness of the visions. They aren't always as vague as what we are mostly shown. The Voss were able to basically complely route an attempted invasion by the Empire because of their visions. Giving that same level of foresight to a larger military force would be a significant game changer.

Well, you can tell them that. At least, I did on my agent... might have been part of my class questline, I guess.

Their seers said not to kill all the Gormak. They listen.