Making EZ Credits as a Casual PvPer: Profiteering 101

L-RANDLE

Hey Everyone, L-Randle back again to post a guide to address a “problem” that I see a lot of casual PvP players have: Making/Saving Credits

Now, I know most players don’t have issues with the system, but some players are new or never really understood how to make credits easily, so this will be more catered to beginners and casuals (=2 hours/sitting; maybe 2-3 times a week).

As I state in most of the “long-winded” posts I make, let’s try to keep it real and offer advice and encouragement, not name-calling (“stop being lazy nub”), or ridicule.

It’s been well established that credit rewards for PvP participation is very lackluster, but what most casuals don’t know is that there are multiple ways of maintaining VERY HIGH cash flows, without setting foot outside of fleet. So here are some ways I support 10 toons with only 3 toons and without ever leaving fleet. I also will show examples of how you can make even more if you choose to leave fleet every once in awhile.

The Basics:

You have to get over the mentality that “I only do PvP”(if you have this mentality), and come to the realization that you HAVE to do SOME PvE. As a PvP-focused casual player, doing some PvE activities are what separates the haves and the have nots. The levels of PvE activity will be outlined below, but understand this game revolves around things that cost credits, and to attain credits, PvE is where you need to go to get them.

This game isn’t really a PvP only game anyway, but it also limits self-sufficiency if you choose not to use certain avenues to be “upper middle class” in the realm of credits. Upper middle class is a credit balance around 1M on one toon at most times. This should be your goal because the million mark is where you can buy most things involved with PvP, without putting a huge burden on you balance.

If you are focused on PvP only, vanity purchases should take a backseat. A ton of people, for whatever reason, deem mounts, pets, etc. more valuable than investing in their toon. Trust me, if you invest your credits in your toon properly, you are setting yourself up to be able to buy all that vanity stuff and not even bat an eye.

You also have a responsibility to be geared as much as possible when entering an endgame WZ. Spending money on vanity versus say augmenting your gear is not being a team player. You are negatively impacting other player’s WZ experience by doing so, regardless of how (in)significant you feel it is.

The Casual PvP Player Setup: Not Leaving Fleet

As outlined in my How to Become a Contender: Supplemental thread, in PvP, the only real delta in stats come primarily from augments and stims. Hence, they should be your priority. Now some of this depends on what class you are playing, but I will approach this as simply as I can.

Train Cybertech, Scavenging, and Slicing on your first toon/main. If you are PvP focused, you rarely, if ever use your companions. While sending them out on missions is not as effective(from a cost perspective) as gathering in OW, you can still gain valuable resources that can be sold or personally used, while ONLY PvPing. PvP does provide enough credits to send them out on missions. Top level missions cost between 2000-3700, the PvP credit reward is between 2500-6500, plus:

1. Cybertech crafted green droid parts, RE into Augmentation Slot Component (valuable ingredient for Augment Kits) and is a HUGE plus during leveling (armoring, mods, ear, nades).

2. Scavenging mats are used for actual augments, and just about every other piece of armor/weapons, except for Artifice and Syth stuff. These materials are in also in OW (aka FREE MONEY). They have a little star by them and referred to as "Resource" if you open your map up.

3. Slicing provides purple mats that are used to make actual augments and fetch a premium on the GTN. It also provides straight-up credits via lockboxes (the profit is ok for most tiers, but it’s a profit nonetheless). These materials are in also in OW (aka FREE MONEY). They have a little star by them and referred to as "Resource" if you open your map up.

This alone is enough if you don’t plan on playing alts, as you have the tools to be able to cruise through most patches without feeling “poor”. The only issue you might come across is finding a crafter for augments and kits, BUT most mid to top level crafters will jump at the chance to craft what you need for the crits alone, which is “free money” for them.

Train a Biochem, Bioanalysis, Dipolmacy alt toon as a first mule: Mules are used as “alts” that exist for the primary purpose of supporting the other toons in your stable. Basically, you should level a mule up enough to get 2-3 companions and spend the time to level the crafting up to be able to pump out endgame materials at a reasonable rate. Before you log off, log into your mule and run some missions. I run my bio mule once a month for stims for my current “main”. This provides two things:

1. Provides “persist through defeat” stims for all classes.

2. Implants RE into Augmentation Slot Components.

3. Bioanalysis materials are in also in OW (aka FREE MONEY). They have a little star by them and referred to as "Resource" if you open your map up.

You can also sell stims and slot components to those poor unfortunate souls, that don’t have a mule.

Train an Armstech alt toon as a second mule: Same rules as your first mule. Get a few companions and level up Armstech ONLY. Why only one? You already have everything you need with your main and first mule. Why Armstech? Armstech has a very distinct pattern collection.

1. Overkill or Fortitude Augments are usable by every class/role, and can sell at a reasonable rate.

2. Armstech crafts augment kits.

You just send the scavenging/slicing mats from your main to your mule to level up the crafting skill. Once you are at 450, you can augment your main and EVERY successive toon in this manner. You just saved a BOATLOAD of money versus buying these from the GTN or you can sell them at a solid profit (last I knew production of Overkill Augments nets around 10K -20K profit each and when they first came out profit was around double that as the demand was extremely high).

You can also add Slicing (which I WOULD DO if I wanted to make more money) to this mule for more purple mats for Augments as they will ALWAYS be in demand and HIGHLY in demand during level cap increases or gear tier changes.

Sell Medpacks and Adrenals: Again, the How to Become a Contender: Supplemental thread outlines that PvP gear is “questionable” for MANY slots. This means that your comms are better spent on purchasing Medpacks and/or Areanals, versus buying PvP gear (assuming you used your Cybertech to craft Lvl 58-63mods). If you are cash strapped, Sell stacks of either for 50K+(~500/pack). The average WZ reward is around 120 comms (average of win versus loss), which would be 12 Medpacks. This means you will average 6K in medpack sales, per WZ. I would advise that you make your own stash first, but after that, send a general chat message and I almost guarantee someone will bite at 50K per stack. Some bite at 60-70K, there is a guy on PoT5 right now trying for 80K per, but you should get the point.

The Casual PvP Player Setup: Willing to Leave Fleet… OCCASIONALLY…..

In addition to the above guide, you can also enhance your profiteering by actually leaving fleet. I know, I know, “I’m a PvPer RAWR!!”, but tell me. Are ques popping as soon as you enter them? Is there no downtime between ques? No, to both of those, so even something as boring a dailies should have some part in your “casual routine”. They do two things:

1. Provide credits for completed missions.

2. Provide mats for the above Crafting/Gathering/Mission skills.

If you are on your main, you can sit on ILUM/BH/SECTX/BELSAVIS farming nodes and running dailies while waiting for que pops. This is 100% profit. No mission running required. Assuming you play an hour(Casual) per sitting doing this 1 out of every 4 “sittings” will net you over 30K in profit + Scavenging Mats/Slicing Lockboxes (to sell or use personally) in about 10-15mins. Find the 3EA-EZ missions in the Dailies Area. PROFIT BETWEEN WZS.

As an example, I just ran three missions on Ilum. I scored 4 lockboxes for 8K total(Slicing Farming: AKA FREE MONEY), did three dailies @ 10.76K EA, and tons of drops(mats/credits). I started with a balance on this toon of 298,567cr. After I turned in my last mission and Emergency Fleet Pass back to fleet, and vendored some excess drops. =128268164&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0"]How much did I have?

Here is the kicker. My inventory was full, so I left some drops behind, AND IT ONLY TOOK ME 12 MINS TO DO THIS!! I MADE OVER 48K IN 12MINS!!!! THAT IS 4EA BLUE LVL 55 AUGMENTS(GTN PRICE ~12K), WITH SOME CASH LEFT OVER!!!!

Is it too much to ask to sacrifice 12 mins out of your game time to get some cash? No, because there is no such thing as “insta-que” pops anymore.

To be honest, you can do this and this alone to make more than enough money to support a PVP-only player, but you also would have to pay for everything needed for PvP (Stim/Augs/Kits). So treat this as supplemental income, not to be relied upon because it can be boring and tedious. Do them, when you need to do them. If you don’t have all your augments, you should be doing dailies, not playing grab-*** on fleet with Copperfield.

Conclusion:

You can't just wave your magic wand and expect credits to fall in your lap, but stay vigilant as any good Sith or Jedi would do...

Get’Er DONE!!!: Cybertech & Biochem is almost a must nowadays. To get 2 mules “prepped”(ship droid + first companion) take about 10 game hours. Dedicate a couple nights to get both up and running. Now, getting their crafting/gather/mission skills to max (450 currently), takes dedication. But even with casual play, and being diligent about sending them out on missions before you log off, 1 month of casual play will get you where you need to be. That’s a small sacrifice, for such a huge advantage.

You can also send credits/materials/gifts to expedite this training. I leveled a 3 skill mule to 450 in about 25 game hours total (prep included) with the support of my main. Two hours per day for two weeks, which I would deem casual produced this. Be ready.. We are currently on MK-9, but datamines already have MK-10 coming down the pipe, but as long as bolster is around, and you have your mules, you will be 100% fine.

This is only basic, you CAN do more!: ]Ofc you can do more dailies or do them during every sitting, get all kind of mules running 24-7, or just be poor, but this MINOR approach will ensure you will never be too poor to do any of the basic things involved with endgame PVP. EVER! If you need more pointers on profiteering or want more in-depth guide into any of the particulars of each of these sets let me know. There is a ton more ways to enhance each of those by way of legacy boosts, special ship droid parts, and companion affection, but I wanted to give a cliff notes version on how to be a self-sufficient “PvP only” player.

I have reserved another spot for in-depth details on any of the above info, but I hope its enough to bury the "its too expensive" mentality for the PvP community, and lead players down the path to financial security...

Regards,

L-Randle

Edited by L-RANDLE

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[Reserved]

After some further thought, I decided to add some more specifics on what I would call "Light Profiteering".

Details on Crafting:

As pointed out by Member Valkyriez, each companion has different crafting/gathering/mission talents and it varies from class to class and Imp vs Pub. So here is what I will say.

Main Toon

Pick whatever class/faction you want for your main. When you have your ship droid, you can buy this from the droid on your personal starship:

http://s1253.photobucket.com/user/ldogg1579/media/SWTORCYBERTECHDROIDPART_zpsaf6fdbd8.png.html

This way, regardless of what class/faction/role you choose for your main, you will have cybertech and scavenging talents at least on one companion. On a side note, here are the classes that are optimized for Cybertech. When placed with this ship droid part, your efficiency is pretty stellar.

Imperial Agent/Smuggler, Bounty Hunter/Trooper

but your main is your main. Choose what you want to play, not what works the "best"...

Biochem Mule:

For BioChem mule, I would say, IF you only intend to use a this toon as a mule, class/faction shouldn't matter. You want to optimize your profits, so take the most effective class at producing BioChem goods. Use this droid part to increase efficiency:

http://s1253.photobucket.com/user/ldogg1579/media/SWTORBICHEMDROIDPART_zpscd2e641a.png.html

and role the mule as an Imperial Agent

IA has the best assortment of bioanalysis/diplomacy companion skill in the game. Plus, the main contributor companion, Vector, becomes a part of the party after Alderaan(around level 25-27). Add that with the droid part to increase Biochem crafting efficiency (shorter craft time) & its increase in Dipolmacy crits, and you are golden.

Armstech Mule:

Pretty much the same rules applies as the BioChem Mule. use the most efficient, BUT keep in mind that if you want to increase your profit, pick a toon that will be effective at Slicing and Scavanging as well. Use this droid part toincrease efficiency:

http://s1253.photobucket.com/user/ldogg1579/media/SWORARMSTECHDROIDPART_zps97af579a.png.html

and role the mule as an Jedi Knight or Sith Inquisitor

Either of these have two very valuable companions that you get early in the leveling process. Each one has a companion with +crit on Slicing for purple mats for augments, another companion has +Scavenging talent. But the inquisitor has the slight edge as the scavenging talent is +2 critical Scavenging (more mats per mission, better farming of nodes), versus +10 Scavenging Efficiency(faster mission runs), from the Jedi Knight (but I think you get that companion sooner in the Knights case).

Details on PvPer's ROI:

(shotz to Forum members FunkiestJ and George Mattson for bringing up the subject!)

As this thread progressed, we began to stumble upon the idea of a philosophy attached to the PvPers "way of getting credits". Often the sharks of the GTN are sitting there all day doing nothing but playing the market to make credits. That is out of our scope though as, quite frankly, we got better shiz to do. In order for you to capitalize on this aspect of the game, PvPers must focus on high credit yielding activities during their playtime.

I used an example in the OP and in later posts, but the idea is similar to ROI(return on investment). In a casual's case, investment is primarily time. We want to make as much credits, in as little time possible, so that should dictate what you are doing. Dailies are an excellent choice for a PvP player because as stated, between que pops, you can make over 2000cr/min or more. Also when I speak on the crafting/mats, you companions are doing "the work", so again even the profit you make off of that has almost no time impact.

Now there is one issue with this. Sometimes the GTN dictates what you should be doing/selling. I use Thermal regs in an example, but I want to use a VERY crazy one to show that you do need to have some though in what you should be doing. Let's look at a prime example of a one finished product.

Augmentation MK-9 Kit Production (I will omit some of the mats needed because they are somewhat irrelevant):

Current Sell Price on the GTN: 60K

1. First you need to run 5 Scavenging Missions to get mats to craft the Droid parts: 35mins @ 16,000cr.

2. Craft 10 Droid Parts and RE for Augmentation slot component: 10Mins(5 companions craft 2EA).

3. Craft Augment Kit: 20 mins.

Profit: Lets just say around 40K

Time spent: 65 mins.

ROI: 615cr/min

Not bad, but lets look at some of the mats themselves:

Turadium/Mythra Sell Price: 1.3K/800 EA you need 20EA to craft the Droid Parts to get the slot components: 42K

Profit: 26K

ROI: 742cr/Min

Even better ROI, but lets go further:

Slot Component Sell Price: 6K EA so 60K total for 10EA...

Profit: 44K

ROI: 978cr/Min

This shows that the sweet spot is getting the components for kits is a far more valuable way to spend you time over selling the mats themselves, and WAY better than crafting actual Augment Kits. Actually farming mats from nodes makes those numbers go up, but overall this is how you have to approach you analysis on what things maximize profit, while consuming as little time as possible. I know all of this might be out of the scope of a casual PvPer, but understanding and finding market inefficiencies, and capitalizing on them is how the GTN Sharks make money. In this case, if I saw someone post some cheap Mythra on the GTN, I would buy it, and flip it into slot components. My time to produce drops significantly, and my profit increases, so my ROI is HUGE....

Anyway enough with Econ 101.:D

Details on Dailies Runs (Work in Progress):

This is reserved for the fastest, most profitable dailies (limited to 3 out of 5+ available per planet) runs broken down by planet/faction. Keep in mind you should avoid bonus missions, as they tend to double the time, without giving much credits for doing it. I will give average times for each, but this will take awhile so please be patient. I will try to complete this as fast as possible, but help/tips from you guys would be great!

I just want a standard format like this:

Planet: XXXX

Faction: XXXX

Mission Names: XXXX, YYYY, ZZZZ

Run Time: TTTT

Mission Rewards: XXXX(Credits and Loot)

Loot/Farming: nodes gather trash drops(credit estimates are fine)

Total Profit: XXXX (Credits: Total from two numbers above)

Map: (linked map with route/path to follow or video during run)

Notes: (stuff like: ignore bonus mission, watch out for X, etc).

Ill start it off:

Imperial:

Planet: ILUM

Faction: Imperial

Mission Names: Operation Shatter Point, Defend the Shipment, A Tighten Grip

Run Time: 12 Mins (but I think I can do it faster once I get use to Imp runs:-))

Mission Rewards: 32,295

Loot/Farming: Farmed Lockboxes-8EA (13,354); Credit/Loot/Gear drops- ~4000

Total Profit: 49,649

Map: http://s1253.photobucket.com/user/ldogg1579/media/ILUMIMPRUN_zps3fde9585.png.html

Notes: 1. Start off by gaining all missions above at Imperial Base. Do mission "Defend the Shipments" then go back to base. 2. Take the planetary speeder to Imperial Waystation, complete mission "Operation Shatter Point". Go back to Imperial WayStation. take planetary speeder back to base. 3. Take your personal speeder over to Jedi Ruins and complete "A Tighten Grip". Use quick travel base to base to claim all rewards. 4. Emergency Fleet Pass back. (optional).

(Contributed by Community Member DariusCalera)

Planet: CZ-198

Faction: Empire

Mission Names: Staff Cuts, Droid Demolition, What’s Yours is Mine

Run Time: ~15 min

Mission Rewards: 8,730 credits, 2 Basic Comms

Loot/Farming: 3 Scavenging Nodes, 3 Strong (silver) Probe Droids, 2 Elite (gold) droids.

Total Profit: 26,190 creits just from the daily missions, 6 Basic Comms. Also, you can save the basic comms and use them to buy Isotope-5 which can fetch about 90K on the GTN.

Notes: Killing the strong (silver) probe droids is the main purpose. They respawn every minute and with 3 of them in the main Czerka area, it's relatively easy to farm them and gather the node(s) that are close by.

Planet: CORELLIA/THE BLACK HOLE

Faction: Imperial

Mission Names: No Trace Left, Glow, Control the Battlefield

Run Time: 7 Mins

Mission Rewards: 21,525

Loot/Farming: Farmed Lockboxes-0EA (0, but didn't go looking for any); Credit/Loot/Gear drops- ~6600

Total Profit: 28,125

Map: (to be completed)

Notes: 1. Start off by gaining all missions above at Imperial Base. Do mission "No Trace Left". 2. BEGIN to do mission "Control The Battlefield", targeting War Droids, on the way to the door to mission "Glow" (Don't go out of your way to get it done, as they will respawn after you complete "Glow") 3. Complete mission "Glow". 4. Complete remaining mission "Control the Battlefield". 4. Use your speeder or Quick Travel (if you happen to venture far away to complete "Control the Battlefield")to base to claim all rewards. 4. Emergency Fleet Pass back. (optional).

Republic:

Faction: Republic

Mission Names: Pilot Down, Crystal Clear Sabotage, Icy Destruction

Run Time: 7 Mins (Hybrid Tank and Ship Droid Healing, my other comps were running missions)

Loot/Farming: Farmed Lockboxes-1EA (1,958); Credit/Loot/Gear drops- ~7800

Total Profit: 42,134

Map: (http://s1253.photobucket.com/user/ldogg1579/media/ILUMPUBRUN_zps35808f01.png.html)

Notes: 1. Start off by gaining "Pilot Down" mission at Republic Base. 2. Go back to the Planetary speeder and take to Waystation 3. Get mission "Crystal Clear Sabotage" and "Icy Destruction" at Waystation bunker, use your Personal Speeder to get there. 4. Quick Travel back to Republic WayStation. Turn in "Crystal Clear Sabotage" and "Icy Destruction" mission. 5. Use your personal Speeder to complete "Pilot Down". 6 Emergency Fleet Pass back. (optional).

Planet: CORELLIA/THE BLACK HOLE

Mission Names: Eyes and Ears, Forced Labor, Counter Eco-Terrorism

Run Time: 6 Mins (Hybrid Tank and Kira Carsen)

Loot/Farming: Farmed Lockboxes-1EA (1,276); Credit/Loot/Gear drops- ~3200

Total Profit: 26,001

Map: http://s1253.photobucket.com/user/ldogg1579/media/BHMAP_zps033da322.png.html

Notes: 1. Start off by gaining all missions above at Republic Base. Do mission "Eyes and Ears". 2. Take your personal speeder to complete mission "Forced Labor". 3. Take your personal speeder over to complete "Counter Eco-Terrorism". 4. Use quick travel base to base to claim all rewards. 4. Emergency Fleet Pass back. (optional).

(Contributed by Community Member DariusCalera)

Mission Names: Workforce Reduction, Manual Shutdown, Give and Take

Loot/Farming: 3 Scavenging Nodes, 3 Strong (silver) Probe Droids, 2 Elite (gold) droids.

Total Profit: 26,190 creits just from the daily missions, 6 Basic Comms, depending on drops/trash I have cleared 50K. Also, you can save the basic comms and use them to buy Isotope-5 which can fetch about 90K on the GTN.

Notes: Killing the strong (silver) probe droids is the main purpose. They respawn every minute and with 3 of them in the main Czerka area, it's relatively easy to farm them and gather the node(s) that are close by.

Planet: BELSAVIS/HIGH SECURITY AREA

Mission Names: Restraining Darkness, Strengthening the Chain, Emergent Medicine

Run Time: 10 Mins (Hybrid Tank and Kira Carsen)

Loot/Farming: Farmed Lockboxes-3EA (5,281); Credit/Loot/Gear drops- ~5900

Total Profit: 32,706

Map: (To be completed)

Notes: 1. Start off by taking base camp speeder to Outpost Wilderness. Pickup all missions. 2. Complete all three in succession. 3. Use quick travel base to base to claim all rewards. 5. Travel to Tomb Area(optional) 4. Emergency Fleet Pass back. (optional).

Planet: BELSAVIS/TOMB AREA

Mission Names: Sleeping Rakata, Unheard Frequencies, Containing the Beast

Run Time: 10 Mins (Hybrid Tank and Kira Carsen)

Loot/Farming: Farmed Lockboxes-3EA (5,078); Credit/Loot/Gear drops- ~7200

Total Profit: 35,908

Map:Tomb Area Teleport Pad/Entrance Location

Tomb Area

Notes: 1. Start off by taking base camp speeder to Outpost Wilderness. 2. Take personal Speeder to Tomb Teleporter 3. Get missions "Sleeping Rakata" and "Unheard Frecuencies" at Oasis Base. 4. Complete two missions following a counter-clock-wise route("Sleeping Rakata" first). 5. pick up Mission "Containing the Beast" around 11:00 on the map and complete (don't forget the welding tools). Run out of dungeon, and turn in at same place you picked up mission. 6. Use quick travel base to base to claim rewards for Sleeping Rakata and Unheard Frequencies ad Oasis Base. 7. Emergency Fleet Pass back. (optional).

Planet: BELSAVIS/SECTION X

Mission Names: Imminent Threat, Bio-Reform

Run Time: 8 Mins (Hybrid Tank and Kira Carsen)

Mission Rewards: 14,350

Loot/Farming: Farmed Lockboxes-2EA (2,955); Credit/Loot/Gear drops- ~10,000

Total Profit: 27,305

Map: (To be completed)

Notes: General: Section X only have to fast missions the other are WAY too long for consideration. Spend time farming resources and killing trash mobs while doing these two missions.

1. Pickup all missions at base camp. 2. Complete "Imminent Threat" and farm this area for 1-2 mins (lots of resources here). 2. Farm areas North of mission "Imminent Threat" for another 1-2min. 3. Complete Mission "Bio-Reform" 4. Use quick travel base to base to claim all rewards. 5. Emergency Fleet Pass back. (optional).

Edited by L-RANDLE

You have made me question myself, I have been making earpieces to get augment slot components, now I must look at the droid parts. Good guide well done! Pretty much exactly what I do, except my synth is my aug kit crafter because he is a knight and Kira crits on kits like a mad woman.

You have made me question myself, I have been making earpieces to get augment slot components, now I must look at the droid parts. Good guide well done! Pretty much exactly what I do, except my synth is my aug kit crafter because he is a knight and Kira crits on kits like a mad woman.

Using a Syth instead of an Armstech is fine. Its just Syth augments are mostly for force users..

I just want to add something here to maximize profit. For your slicing toon, pick one that has slicing critical. At 450 the slicing mission crits can get 8 purple mats which are nice and expensive on the GTN. Also, what toon you pick to craft aug kits is important. I personally think you should use a companion that has crit in your chosen crafting skill. I average crit crafts every 3rd time I send off to do an augment. Keep the MK-9 crit for fly ourself and keep selling the others or vice versa, it's a free 70k.

I don't do much PvE at all, and with my two toons who were both down to sub 100k after a server transfer I was kinda depressed and thinking of doing a hyper rate purchase for some credits off the GTN. I didn't do that and instead I now run continuous scavenging missions and craft pieces to RE and craft augment kits. I don't make millions everyday, but I double my money every week. My PT is at 3 million now and my Sin is at 2 million and I have bought a lot of legacy upgrades since I txferred.

My Sin has a little money making secret where I actually make back 6 x the money I spend on her, but you won't get that out of me. I spend maybe 30k a day and get back almost 200k daily without doing much more then 10 minutes worth of clicking in between PvP pops. It's not instant success but it sure helps.

All though, in still cheap and my new dps conq set is not augmented. Waiting on more crit crafts...... Lol.

I just want to add something here to maximize profit. For your slicing toon, pick one that has slicing critical. At 450 the slicing mission crits can get 8 purple mats which are nice and expensive on the GTN. Also, what toon you pick to craft aug kits is important. I personally think you should use a companion that has crit in your chosen crafting skill. I average crit crafts every 3rd time I send off to do an augment. Keep the MK-9 crit for fly ourself and keep selling the others or vice versa, it's a free 70k.

I don't do much PvE at all, and with my two toons who were both down to sub 100k after a server transfer I was kinda depressed and thinking of doing a hyper rate purchase for some credits off the GTN. I didn't do that and instead I now run continuous scavenging missions and craft pieces to RE and craft augment kits. I don't make millions everyday, but I double my money every week. My PT is at 3 million now and my Sin is at 2 million and I have bought a lot of legacy upgrades since I txferred.

My Sin has a little money making secret where I actually make back the money I spend on her, but you won't get that out of me. I spend maybe 30k a day and get back almost 200k daily without doing much more then 10 minutes worth of clicking in between PvP pops. It's not instant success but it sure helps.

All though, in still cheap and my new dps conq set is not augmented. Waiting on more crit crafts...... Lol.

One of the great parts about ship droid is you can cater you main to be a crit crafter using the special droid part. While its is more favorable to have a toon with the corresponding crit, its not always an option, so if you choose to main say a Knight/Warrior, there isn't a Cyber crit (as far as I know). Just buy the ship droid part, and you now have a Cyber crit crafter..

Edit: You make very valid points though.. I have decided to go into more detail on the reserved spot. Stay tuned...

Edited by L-RANDLE

Same - I just found out there's a droid part that uses half the compounds of the earpieces. I had dismissed it because it was level 52 but it does produce the right augment components. I'm kicking myself for not looking at it earlier.

Awesome guide, and very much appreciated. Do you know if the droid components are cumulative with the "Legacy of Crafting" Cartel purchase, or do they replace it? Intuitively speaking, just looking at the description, I would think it also only applies to the specific droids they're installed on.

Awesome guide, and very much appreciated. Do you know if the droid components are cumulative with the "Legacy of Crafting" Cartel purchase, or do they replace it? Intuitively speaking, just looking at the description, I would think it also only applies to the specific droids they're installed on.

I am not sure what the Legacy Perk is from the CTM, but the built in Legacy perk is a chance to crit craft, which in the case of a Droid part means it gets an augment slot. So its not beneficial. It is however beneficial for consumables(stims), all modifications(armoring, mods, enh), and augments/Aug kits because when those crit, you get double the item.

In all I do recommend that purchase for all toons to expedite craft leveling and output.

****Updated*****

Added the map to the Imp Ilum run and a Pub Dailies Ilum Run. Cleared 40K on my Hybrid Tank (while running with my ship droid) in 10 min... If I ran with Kira and spec Smash, I would have probably shaved 2-3 mins off of it.

As John Connor said twice in Terminator 2, "Easy Money".:D

Republic:

Mission Names: Pilot Down, Crystal Clear Sabotage, Jam the Transmissions

Run Time: 10 Mins (Hybrid Tank and Ship Droid Healing, my other comps were running missions)

Loot/Farming: Farmed Lockboxes-1EA (1,836); Credit/Loot/Gear drops- ~6000

Total Profit: 40,131

Map: (to be completed)

Notes: 1. Start off by gaining "Pilot Down" and "Jam the Transmissions" missions at Republic Base. Do mission "Jam the Transmissions" then go to the Republic Waystation. 2. Get mission "Crystal Clear Sabotage", use your Personal Speeder to get there. Complete the mission, then Quick Travel back to Republic WayStation. Turn in "Crystal Clear Sabotage" mission, then use your personal Speeder to complete "Pilot Down". 3. Take your personal speeder back to main base and turn in mission "Jam the Transmissions". 4. Emergency Fleet Pass back. (optional).

Randle, just as an FYI - there's another mission called "Icy Destruction" which is given out by an NPC right next to the other one in the Republic WayStation. The mission goal for that is right next to the one for "Crystal Clear Sabotage," and it pays out 10,765 credits. I'm not sure if it's daily, but the tool tip does show as, "Return later to complete this mission," so I would guess it's also a daily?

Edited by georgemattson

Total Profit: 26,190 creits just from the daily missions, 6 Basic Comms, depending on drops/trash I have cleared 50K. Also, you can save the basic comms and use them to buy Isotope-5 which can fetch about 90K on the GTN.

Total Profit: 26,190 creits just from the daily missions, 6 Basic Comms. Also, you can save the basic comms and use them to buy Isotope-5 which can fetch about 90K on the GTN.

Planet: Makeb

Mission Names: Core Issues

Run Time: ~10

Mission Rewards: 8,410 credits, 1 Basic Comm, 1 Makeb Holosouvenir

Loot/Farming: 1 Scavenging Nodes, 7 Strong (silver) Droids, 2 Elite (gold) droids.

Total Profit: 8,410 credits from the daily mission, 500 credits from selling the Holosouvenir if you're at maxed Makeb Reputation, 1 Basic Comms. Also, you can save the basic comms and use them to buy Isotope-5 which can fetch about 90K on the GTN.

Notes: Kill the first droid near the landing area and then just go straight ahead and to the platform on the right. Once you kill the droids there, go to the platform to the immediate left. Starting off you will have to kill 7 strong droids, and 2 elite droids. After this, it actually drops to 6 strong droids and the 2 elite droids because the travel back to the landing pad is pointless until you're actually done.Killing the strong (silver) probe droids is the main purpose. There are more elites that can be killed further along, but they aren't necessary.

Edited by DariusCalera

Planet: Makeb

Mission Names: Core Issues

Run Time: ~10

Mission Rewards: 8,410 credits, 1 Basic Comm, 1 Makeb Holosouvenir

Loot/Farming: 1 Scavenging Nodes, 7 Strong (silver) Droids, 2 Elite (gold) droids.

Total Profit: 8,410 credits from the daily mission, 500 credits from selling the Holosouvenir if you're at maxed Makeb Reputation, 1 Basic Comms. Also, you can save the basic comms and use them to buy Isotope-5 which can fetch about 90K on the GTN.

Notes: Kill the first droid near the landing area and then just go straight ahead and to the platform on the right. Once you kill the droids there, go to the platform to the immediate left. Starting off you will have to kill 7 strong droids, and 2 elite droids. After this, it actually drops to 6 strong droids and the 2 elite droids because the travel back to the landing pad is pointless until you're actually done.Killing the strong (silver) probe droids is the main purpose. There are more elites that can be killed further along, but they aren't necessary.

Nioce! I'll add this to the reserve section tonight..

Randle, just as an FYI - there's another mission called "Icy Destruction" which is given out by an NPC right next to the other one in the Republic WayStation. The mission goal for that is right next to the one for "Crystal Clear Sabotage," and it pays out 10,765 credits. I'm not sure if it's daily, but the tool tip does show as, "Return later to complete this mission," so I would guess it's also a daily?

Yeah, I was debating whether to exceed my own mandate of 3 missions. You could either run that one too, or sub Icy Destruction, for Jam the Transmissions. Then, when you arrive, just pickup the Pilot Down mission at base. Take planetary speeders to waystation. Pick up those two. Then follow the steps for pilot down. After that you wouldn't need to go back to base either.. I'll check tonight to see if that is faster....