Star wars the TV series !!!

Sytha

A few years ago I heard about George Lucas planning to make a star wars tv series (minimum of 100 episodes), it would not include any of the main characters from the films but would have many of the races & planets etc.

It sounded awesome bit the last I heard was that it was going to be a very expensive project & was on "hold" !!!

Anyone have any news on this.....it sounded epic & can't wait for when they start filming/making as I know they had done alot of scripts already! :)

It's still in the pipe line, but instead, GL wants to make all the movies in to 3D first.

He's releasing TPM in 3D this year, maybe next, I can't remember. And if that makes money, he'll do the rest of them.

TPM in 3D isn't going to make it any better. I wish he'd of started with the OT. But then, we'd probably have a new, new directors cut version of them as well. *roll eyes*

Just to add, I don't think GL should make a TV series, he made the prequels and screwed them up. And he's passes on The Clone Wars to other people and screwed them up too. He should have stopped at Jedi.

A few years ago I heard about George Lucas planning to make a star wars tv series (minimum of 100 episodes), it would not include any of the main characters from the films but would have many of the races & planets etc.

It sounded awesome bit the last I heard was that it was going to be a very expensive project & was on "hold" !!!

Anyone have any news on this.....it sounded epic & can't wait for when they start filming/making as I know they had done alot of scripts already! :)

Yh I think I saw somewhere that they had begun casting in Australia. But I do know that it was postponed due to the cost of making each episode.

Yh I think I saw somewhere that they had begun casting in Australia. But I do know that it was postponed due to the cost of making each episode.

If only GL had some money somewhere? :D

Funny story about that, but I read a quote from GL about not releasing the OT in the original 'Han Shot First' format, coz he said '...remastering the original negatives would cost too much'

Yeah George, and it's not like they would sell, coz NO ONE wants to see the original cinematic versions on BR...you would never make the money back! *sarcasm off*

Just had a look online to try & find anything more about this, apparently the series will bet set between the prequels & the original films, will be "a little bit more adult" than the films (this can only be a good thing) "bare-bones and action heavy".

Series has been described by George Lucas :- much darker, grittier & much more character based! Its the empire slowly building up it's power base around the galaxy, what happens to coruscant & is about a group of underground bosses!!!

Also a hint that Boba Fett is one of the characters to be featured in the series (really do hope so) !!!!!

At the moment it's very cost effective apparently & until the "reality TV boom" settles down their not sure there would be enough viewers if made in the near future so might be some wait yet :( can't wait when it finally happens though ;)

Lucas himself gives an update on the TV show (roughly a year ago)

Apparently it all comes down to money. CGI doesnt come cheap...Budum Thsss.

Most likely once everything becomes cheaper to film and GL makes a profit from the 3D conversion of both Star Wars trilogies. Will we see a Tv show.

He does say that most of it has been written. And this was a year ago !

Edited by Smithie

Lucas himself gives an update on the TV show (roughly a year ago)

Apparently it all comes down to money. CGI doesnt come cheap...Budum Thsss.

Most likely once everything becomes cheaper to film and GL makes a profit from the 3D conversion of both Star Wars trilogies. Will we see a Tv show.

He does say that most of it has been written. And this was a year ago !

Thanks for the link mate, yeah looks like it is just a financial issue!!! Fingers crossed the cost comes down sooner rather than later ;)

George Lucas also stated that when he made the original trilogy it felt like to him he was starting in the middle. He said he planned to make three trilogies. Maybe down the line we'll get three more movies.

Btw guys, don't turn this into a prequel hating thread. There have already been enough.

If only GL had some money somewhere? :D

Funny story about that, but I read a quote from GL about not releasing the OT in the original 'Han Shot First' format, coz he said '...remastering the original negatives would cost too much'

Yeah George, and it's not like they would sell, coz NO ONE wants to see the original cinematic versions on BR...you would never make the money back! *sarcasm off*

At the plan he was going for for the TV Series, he stated it would cost 50 million each episode...