Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Vote kick should incur 20 minute lockout

Toraak
11.28.2020 , 04:34 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by SoontirMorillo View Post
306 is Nightmare Level Gear. And this guy needs YOU to have Nightmare Level Endgame Raiding Gear for BASIC Flashpoints. Level 70 Flashpoints. To kill Level 70 mobs. At this point, this is either embarrassing or trolling. Nothing more to add.
Agreed. People do not need 306 gear or augments or even level 75 for Master Mode FP's. Those that demand such things are usually the type of players that get carried themselves.
Referral Link: www.swtor.com/r/Q4Tp3P

LD_Little_Dragon
11.28.2020 , 05:59 PM | #22
Not a troll, but I do regularly *pug the harder MM flashpoints and can usually spot a group that will fail as soon as I load in and spot-check their gear. I look at stats, not overall gear level, btw. Most times I'll give the group a chance, and most times I'm right and the group will wipe and fall apart. If not on the first boss, then on the last. Once in a while I'm wrong and the players with poor stats are experienced enough to offset them, but those times are very rare. More often than not the poorly geared players will lead to a big waste of time and an uncompleted flashpoint.

That could be bad RNG on my part, me being a really bad player, or simply a realistic pug experience.

*By pug I mean real, full pug groups. Not grouping up with 2 friends, getting a fourth with group-finder, and claiming you pugged the flashpoint.
Stealthy heals, stealthy dps, stealthy tank.

JediQuaker
11.29.2020 , 09:10 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by SoontirMorillo View Post
306 is Nightmare Level Gear. And this guy needs YOU to have Nightmare Level Endgame Raiding Gear for BASIC Flashpoints. Level 70 Flashpoints. To kill Level 70 mobs. At this point, this is either embarrassing or trolling. Nothing more to add.
No, considering how easy it is to get 306 gear, it's now considered 'standard' gear (imho).
That is, I agree that 306 is not always 'needed', but to consider it somehow to be super high-end gear is ridiculous.
Hold water, a sieve may not, but hold another sieve, it will - Yoda..

Referral code - http://www.swtor.com/r/dZ8wSV

jedimasterjac
11.29.2020 , 11:45 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by JediQuaker View Post
That is, I agree that 306 is not always 'needed', but to consider it somehow to be super high-end gear is ridiculous.
Yep. There's no reason not to be 306, especially if you have even a single character that's already 306, but most FPs will be fine if you have one or two group members who aren't.
Quote: Originally Posted by Grand Master Yoda
We are what they grow beyond. That is the burden of all masters.
Feel like I've said something good? Click my referral link for free goodies!

Toraak
11.29.2020 , 12:17 PM | #25
I don't know about others, but when 6.0 came out I was doing MM FP's with all 4 in group in only 268 gear. So the fact people would even consider kicking someone just because they don't have 306 gear is just dumb.

Yes 306 is easy to get with a little work, however it sure isn't needed for any MM FP.
Referral Link: www.swtor.com/r/Q4Tp3P

Shayddow
11.29.2020 , 01:19 PM | #26
306 is NOT "easy to get". my highest geared char is somewhere in the mid-280s.
But then, I don't queue for MM Flashpoints either, and won't until I Do get better gear.
Shekkel,75 Nimrossa, 75 |Ebon Hawk
Shassella, 75 Barzella, 75 | Begeran
Adonnah, 75 Kydosh, 70 |Harbinger
Tashha, 75 Svgon, 75 and too many others to list here

LD_Little_Dragon
11.29.2020 , 02:14 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Shayddow View Post
But then, I don't queue for MM Flashpoints either, and won't until I Do get better gear.
You're right, getting that first set of 306 does take a bit of grinding. Especially if you don't like flashpoints. Spamming vet flashpoints, and careful spending of tech frags, will let you get that first set of generic 306 relatively fast (compared to the old gearing systems). If you have multiple alts that helps, since you can get the vet weekly on one character, and then pass the gear to another character and do the weekly with them.

Once you get a generic set of 306, all your characters can use it as they work towards a set bonus. It is a very alt friendly gearing system.
Stealthy heals, stealthy dps, stealthy tank.

jedimasterjac
11.29.2020 , 08:04 PM | #28
I don't mean this in a rude way, but, how?

I'm curious what content you engage in. I'm not trying to say this in an elitist way -- I've had no trouble gearing any of my alts to 306, and my main was 306 in about 3 days; what is it you do that's gotten you only to the mid-280s?
Quote: Originally Posted by Grand Master Yoda
We are what they grow beyond. That is the burden of all masters.
Feel like I've said something good? Click my referral link for free goodies!

RikuvonDrake
11.30.2020 , 04:02 AM | #29
this is objectively wrong, gear is easy to acquire you can easily clear MM Flashpoints in like 258, afterall thats were most of us started the gear grind at the start of this expansions, if you are not sure if you will be able to contribute enough to a group (a potentially justified concern based on your posts) and are not doing content that rewards gear at a frequent pace thats down to your own decision making. And frankly, if you aren't doing veteran/master mode operations or ranked warzones there is no point in participating in the gear grind, your stats gets bolstered or downscaled anyway in all other content.

Bloodworthy - Tomb of Freedon Nadd - The Red Eclipse - Darth Malgus

Saga - FriendlyFire - Mango