Guss Tuno is at it again...

BenIrving

Guss Tuno carried out an overly-elaborate con job to convince the galaxy that his recruitment mission would go live with Chapter XV: The GEMINI Deception (4.6). But as with most of Guss’s con jobs, this caper has failed spectacularly. Guss Tuno’s recruitment mission has thus been delayed and will be made available in a future update.

Well, it is the *DECEPTION* update after all. Honestly.... Ben... I'd rather have seen Guss Tuno with sabers on his feet and firing Stardestroyers from his eyes while bugging all the other companions in the game to become unavailable,

than I would have the atrocity you dare call an "Event"

You haven't even made any type of response towards so many people with concerns. Not even a token acknowledgement. PR too busy with trying to find the right Excuses for it all?

I promise you, they won't find any.

Is this honestly how you want to continue making a living? Is it worth it?

Is creating games just a sideproduct of the ever ongoing mission to accumulate more money?

It won't be anymore of my money. #SWEXIT

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They found the issue and held shipping the mission because of it. That's what you do.

There is no such thing as bug-free software in actual business production, at least not at this scale. There are durn few bug-free releases. I just "shipped" a major project at work today, and I'm dreading the next couple of weeks as the users discover issues that my test cases could not. If I'm lucky, it'll be trivial. If I'm not, well, I'm going to have some more work to do.

In short, Bantha Byproduct Happens.

All true. But with BW things like this just happen way too frequently IMO.

All true. But with BW things like this just happen way too frequently IMO.

I was lucky - I got a clean sheet of paper and I only have to be API-compatible, and it's a well-known API that the clients are using generally using COTS programs to talk to; no custom apps.

My off-the-cuff guess? Something is broken with character flags or equipment; he doesn't recognize a smuggler; or he lost his pants off Endor, or wields a saber in one hand and a blaster in another. I keep saying it because it keeps coming up - there is something wrong in the character/companion/quest flag subsystem, and has been since before 4.0; it's just that 4.0 exposed it.

OK, some may say my priorities are skewed, but this upsets me far more than the LvD event ever could :mad:

I have learned to not be upset anymore with this game, I simply enjoy the things that work and what I think is fun.

Guss Tuno carried out an overly-elaborate con job to convince the galaxy that his recruitment mission would go live with Chapter XV: The GEMINI Deception (4.6). But as with most of Guss’s con jobs, this caper has failed spectacularly. Guss Tuno’s recruitment mission has thus been delayed and will be made available in a future update.

So what you are saying is Guss Tuno is head dev at SWTOR?

Are you trying to drive players away?

I know that comes out as insulting or flippant because a games producer should be looking to encourage players and increase revenue stream.

But this post which is bad news in and of itself, but to ignore all the negative threads on the dark vs light bribe (its not an event its old cartel market stuff for old content) and post this a day before the chapter goes live, it seems like you want to annoy your customers as much as possible. You really want them to decide you know what, this game is a joke I'll go back to WoW or whatever.

Could've have put it better myself Costello. Talk about insulting.

Ben I want to know why you delibrately and so obviously ignored the problems people have with the DvL Event? This uproar has been going on since the events announcement on Thursday to which we got very unacceptable responses such as "Buy more Character Slots," or "Go to another server." and you all expected that to be an acceptible solution and there has been SILENCE ever since.

You pretty much just gave the people who are complaining about this event the middle finger and you didn't even care that it could cost you more subscriptions because you blantly ignored the problems of this event or that you hurt your players feelings.

There was someone who posted on this forum something that you should really take into serious consideration: "Give a customer a good experience and you've retained one customer. Give a customer a bad experience and you've lost ten potential customers."

Bad move Ben. You should've addressed the DvL issues along with this. But nope complete and utter ignorance.

Edited by DarthEnrique

Probably all the new content from the light vs. dark event ended up bugging the mission.

/sarcasm

It's hard and complicated event and require so many works, that they just didn't had enough time to do one new mission

I have learned to not be upset anymore with this game, I simply enjoy the things that work and what I think is fun.

That's certainly the attitude to have around here, perpetual disappointment isn't fun.

Having said that, I'm not disappointed. Or even surprised. Pretty much just apathy at this point for me when it comes to this game.

• Dev Post
Thanks for letting us know, Ben.

Now that you've made your cutesy-funny announcement, would you care to tell us what the actual issue is...?

...or do we, your paying customers, not get to know that?

There was an issue completing the final step of the mission that only showed itself when there were multiple people trying to do it at the same time. Would have caused a lot of problems for a lot of people and unfortunately we were not able to get a fix in place in time for 6/28. We decided to push Guss out of the update instead of delaying the release of Chapter XV.

There was an issue completing the final step of the mission that only showed itself when there were multiple people trying to do it at the same time. Would have caused a lot of problems for a lot of people and unfortunately we were not able to get a fix in place in time for 6/28. We decided to push Guss out of the update instead of delaying the release of Chapter XV.

Well, that was unexpected. Thanks for the update.

Guss just likes attention xD

If this was the case, can we get 2 recruitment missions for one of the next chapters on season 2?

Thank you for providing an update that you really weren't obligated to. :-)

Thank you! :D This is what I like to see, explanations as to why a problem is happening and knowing you guys are fixing it. :) Not just "Yeah there is this problem bla bla bla, no explanation were working in it in 5 months." A real explanation! Thank you! And keep up the work (or at least pass it along to the guys and gals working on it) and hope its fixed soon so we can see what Guss has been up to the past 5 years :D

Well played against rude customer :))