Maintenance: December 10th, 2014

TaitWatson

It's interesting the maintenance is 2 days in a row now yes, a major patch just dropped and I hate bug and lag issues too believe me but in retrospect when the game originally launched there was maintenance all the time. They just added 2 new planets, a new talent system and one time Solo flashpoints. That's a massive amount of content and unfortunately a lot to go wrong. I would rather have another maintenance window today than have to wait a week for a potentially game breaking bug to fixed.

Yes it's a pain but minus 2 hours for a better experience the rest of this week balances out in my book.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's interesting the maintenance is 2 days in a row now yes, a major patch just dropped and I hate bug and lag issues too believe me but in retrospect when the game originally launched there was maintenance all the time. They just added 2 new planets, a new talent system and one time Solo flashpoints. That's a massive amount of content and unfortunately a lot to go wrong. I would rather have another maintenance window today than have to wait a week for a potentially game breaking bug to fixed.

Yes it's a pain but minus 2 hours for a better experience the rest of this week balances out in my book.

Apply this to Shadow of Revan early access week, where we had gamebreaking bugs that weren't fixed for a whole week and it just becomes hilariously sad.

Seriously though, if this is another 1-line patch note to fix a non-issue and you've prioritized as a hotfix that over the whole week of early-access bugs we had to endure...

I don't even know what to say.

how the hell can a comp fail on a mission with a +2 or 5 chance to crit and with full affection just shouldn;t happen

Lack of sentence structure notwithstanding, crafting/crew skills have a 10% (for orange difficulty) or 15% (for grey, green, etc) plus 5% at max affection, so 15%-20% plus 1%, 2% or 5% crit chance from the companion. So at best, missions have a 25% chance to crit (apparently the legacy perk doesn't affect missions) & if you're running the grade 11 missions, that'll be a max of 20% chance (since they're orange - 10% + 5% + up to 5%).

Maintenance windows

If the sales distribution is like most US AAA MMO games, the customer base is probably about half North America, a third Europe, and the remainder for APAC/ROW.

So while I can understand they choose their patch time when NA isn't playing, they happen to hit European lunchtime on every single occasion - which is when a lot of workers and students try to sneak in an hour. So I'm actually all for the APAC suggestion to move it forward 2 hours; 4 AM PST / 7 AM EST shouldn't lose BW a lot of player hours or sympathy points compared to APAC raid nights and Euro lunch.