PTS up?

Screaming_Ziva

Hey folks,

Gonna take a bit more than just a quick fix to get things corrected for PTS so it will remain offline through the weekend. We'll swing back on Monday with a status update. Thanks all.

-eric

It seems that my cousin can get in, from his ThinkPad. Sadly he's the only one in the game in the Fleet, (his small shortcut "who" window is always at number 1 - no other players at all) or any planet he visits. There's literally no one else anywhere.

Cheers

• Dev Post

Hi all,

For those you encounter the issue with the PTS patch, we invite you to follow those troubleshooting steps:

1. Close the launcher
  2. Go to the install folder (i.e. C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic)
  3. Delete retailclient_publictext.version
  4. Launch the launcher. It will download the missing PTS files.

Let us know if you are still experiencing it.

Thank you for your patience while the team worked on this issue.

Scratch that, did not notice I had a folder "retailclient_publictest_0to342", removed that also and downloaded again without issue.

No luck,

While downloading asset "Game Client 343" with 0.14Mb remaining, download freezes up with the error "Network error while downloading patch data. Retrying... (310)"

Tried a few times to be sure.

Edited by Decalin

Hi all,

For those you encounter the issue with the PTS patch, we invite you to follow those troubleshooting steps:

1. Close the launcher
  2. Go to the install folder (i.e. C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic)
  3. Delete retailclient_publictext.version
  4. Launch the launcher. It will download the missing PTS files.

Let us know if you are still experiencing it.

Thank you for your patience while the team worked on this issue.

No, for me it's not working.

I went in steamapps/common/Star Wars - The Old Republic, and then i deleted the file, but i'm still experiencing the issue.

Simply deleted retailclient_publictext.version did not work. I deleted every file and folder with the word "test" in them and restated the PTS download. That grabbed everything and it all installed and worked just fine, then.

I am running Swtor under Steam, so when I did that install I had copied my non-Steam Swtor files over to the Steam games folder to avoid a full redownload. I thought I had cleaned up the test stuff then, but obviously not. It's all good, now. :)

Oh, btw, when I logged into an Agent I previously had on the PTS it gave me the Steam achievement for a level 75 Agent. That's a character that was boosted on the PTS and is not level 75 in the live game.

Any news on this? I have deleted every file with the word test in it from my SWTOR folders several times.

I have also redownloaded the PTS file from scratch and am again stuck at game client 343 with 0.14mb remaining.

I am getting the original error message.

Tried redeleting the file named above yet again. with no success.

Update: After leaving my computer attempting to download the game client 343 file for the morning I finally gave up and closed the game. I tried again a while later and the file loaded and I was able to log into the PTS. I have no idea why this worked.

Edited by Zylaro
update

The server keeps appearing as unavailable to me after bothering to patch. I suspect there is another patch issue but for all intents and purposes, the PTS is down for me. :(

I was going to post my feast of prosperity feedback after I had had a second day to test the missions.

Yeah seems to be offline again. Had another patch and then same network error as before. Tried the file rename suggestion that worked for me last time but no joy.

Would be nice if they posted to tell us when it's up and down so we can plan our time better.