You want to work on minimizing toxicity? Get rid of solo ranked entirely.

Raazmir

You'll never be able to get rid of toxicity and toxic behavior entirely. People are human and get frustrated. That said, the removal of solo ranked entirely will force pvp to be on the same level as PVE end game. If you're too much of an unpleasant chud you aren't going to find people willing to queue with you for very long and either their behavior will self moderate or they'll find something else to do with their time. Besides, PVE players have to find a group of people they get along with well enough to see "end game" content...why shouldn't PVPers?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You'll never be able to get rid of toxicity and toxic behavior entirely. People are human and get frustrated. That said, the removal of solo ranked entirely will force pvp to be on the same level as PVE end game. If you're too much of an unpleasant chud you aren't going to find people willing to queue with you for very long and either their behavior will self moderate or they'll find something else to do with their time. Besides, PVE players have to find a group of people they get along with well enough to see "end game" content...why shouldn't PVPers?

Oh please, go play your pve but don't bark on pvp. You want to know a bitter truth about why pve in swtor isn't toxic??It's not because pvp is toxic a priori (however, every time reals humans lose against other real humans there always will be some negative toxicity). The real reason why pve isn't that toxic is because it's very easy in swtor. When groups barely fail they always be happy, when everything goes good - no one will cry. You should see how Mythic dungeons are done in Wow. People there are so toxic that your barbie swtor outfit will be melted in few seconds if you stay with them. mythic dungeons in wow is a real hell, so hard that NiM ops in swtor looks like child's play. Players in wow pve are damn toxic in their discords and teamspeak because they fail too much. In swtor pve groups are calm and not shouting on each other because NiM ops are damn easy compared to other MMO. And when something isn't that hard there is no source for toxicity. So please, stop writing this nonsense :rak_01:

Oh please, go play your pve but don't bark on pvp. You want to know a bitter truth about why pve in swtor isn't toxic??It's not because pvp is toxic a priori (however, every time reals humans lose against other real humans there always will be some negative toxicity). The real reason why pve isn't that toxic is because it's very easy in swtor. When groups barely fail they always be happy, when everything goes good - no one will cry. You should see how Mythic dungeons are done in Wow. People there are so toxic that your barbie swtor outfit will be melted in few seconds if you stay with them. mythic dungeons in wow is a real hell, so hard that NiM ops in swtor looks like child's play. Players in wow pve are damn toxic in their discords and teamspeak because they fail too much. In swtor pve groups are calm and not shouting on each other because NiM ops are damn easy compared to other MMO. And when something isn't that hard there is no source for toxicity. So please, stop writing this nonsense :rak_01:

Look i'm sorry so many pvpers are such unpleasant people they cant manage to get 3 other people to regularly play games with them, but thats what the community degenerated to after they killed 8v8 ranked.

I think it's actually self-defeating in the long run and appalling to even q with 3-4 players GOOD dpsing healing premade at this point especially with a guard LOL I mean it's not your "fault." It's the game but I would consider my point here:

IK it's an mmo play with friends etc but atm regs can't handle it. It's just going to make you not even be able to q with your friends eventually (which is what you want). It's counterintuitive, parabolic.

I mean really, I could q with 4 good players everyday if I wanted so the well "make friends" argument is irrelevant. I can make a guild and do all those great things but LMAO it's not even needed to PVP. I've done it several times before.

I don't care for or need a 3-4 man premade to global people in. I can do that myself solo quing. Not that I'm some excellent player. It's bc the players suck LOL

The PVP player base as I said many times before is awful. Why make it so unbalanced that no one qs at all or pops for everyone including yourselves are slow etc. IK people will continue and not heed what I'm saying or maybe they will, doubtful LOL

I just don't get bringing a nuclear bomb vs a knife mentality. Everyone knows the players are bad. The most I would do would q with 1 person me heal them or they heal me or solo.

Edited by AocaVII

Its not about people being bad at pvp. Its about people being so unpleasant to be around they're killing "endgame" pvp and how solo ranked enables it. ****** people eventually run out of folks willing to group with them.

You cannot remove solo ranked, some players here would lose their life meaning :D

I'm completely in favor of this. Ranked should be group only where the mode is significantly more balanced. Get rid of the broken mess of yolo and maybe they will stop trying to make classes work in the impossible yolo format, and with yolo's gone people will make more of an effort to do group ranked. Edited by Raansu

I'm completely in favor of this. Ranked should be group only where the mode is significantly more balanced. Get rid of the broken mess of yolo and maybe they will stop trying to make classes work in the impossible yolo format, and with yolo's gone people will make more of an effort to do group ranked.

Or could change the ranking system of yolos to wins rather than ELO. keep ELO for team ranked.

Or could change the ranking system of yolos to wins rather than ELO. keep ELO for team ranked.

Nah, that doesn't fix the toxicity issue at all. The issue is yolo allows you to generally be a ***** and still participate. Group requires you to find at least 3 other people who don't mind what a ***** you are in order to participate.

You want to minimize toxicity? Get rid of solo ranked entirely and unleash the toxic scum on the rest of the game at large. Brilliant!

Seriously, if you saw what happens when toxic hardcore ranked players “lower themselves” and queue regs, you’d realize that the problem is the people, not the game. Punishing the non-toxic people who enjoy ranked by taking it away from them just because of the loud, vulgar minority is really shortsighted and ill-advised.

Edited by Enticy

You want to minimize toxicity? Get rid of solo ranked entirely and unleash the toxic scum on the rest of the game at large. Brilliant!

Seriously, if you saw what happens when toxic hardcore ranked players “lower themselves” and queue regs, you’d realize that the problem is the people, not the game. Punishing the non-toxic people who enjoy ranked by taking it away from them just because of the loud, vulgar minority is really shortsighted and ill-advised.

Unfortunately if you want ranked to have a functional matchmaking system and enough of a community to work you have to make changes that make people not currently playing happy, rather than continuing to appeal to a community that's already driven enough of their own playerbase out that the devs are trying to address it.

Also, kicking someone in a regs arena may be a loss but its not a hit to your rating. Be a *****, get kicked. Solo ranked by its very nature shields and encourages the worst ******es on the server. If you kick them you're almost guaranteed a handicap loss, which ****s with your rating. They don't have to be pleasant enough to get along in a group, the ignore function doesn't prevent you from ending up with them on your team. Its a perfect *****torm of "as long as i dont break an explicit rule you cannot hold me to account for generically crap behavior" and its a major reason people dont pvp.

It was best when we had the preseason at launch of the game. People played ranked even though it was preseason and no real season.....

this

During preseason BC, a ROLEPLAY server had at any given point between 4 and 6 guilds that would field a ranked team if someone mentioned going into queue and generally could manage another PUG group of people who knew what they were about and would get on a neutral VOIP. The health fluctuated for sure but by and large it would have taken off if they'd implemented x server and kept 8v8

The only people that want solo ranked removed are those that are bad at solo ranked. They blame the game mode itself, because their egos can't handle the shame of their inability to succeed there. There's no other plausible reason for someone to want to actually remove content from the game that other people enjoy. Edited by JediMasterAlex

The only people that want solo ranked removed are those that are bad at solo ranked. They blame the game mode itself, because their egos can't handle the shame of their inability to succeed there. There's no other plausible reason for someone to want to actually remove content from the game that other people enjoy.

Says the guy who queue dodges and abuses the vote kick feature.

Says the guy who queue dodges and abuses the vote kick feature.

I don't ever queue dodge, nor have I ever abused the vote kick feature. I've literally lobbied for the removal of vote kick from ranked for about a year.

If you're going to try to insult me, you should try something that at least makes sense...

I understand where you're coming from, but this shows that you don't play solo-ranked at all. Toxicity in the community is prevalent and loud, but it's also a loud minority. It punishes players who are in a non-PvP guild and can't field a team because their guildies don't know how to play their classes in PvP. This is a bad solution and doesn't actually fix anything: it just moves toxic players to other facets of the game.

What solo-ranked actually needs is a baseline gear requirement. People who complain about toxicity tend to be people who come into solo-ranked unprepared, and don't understand that they put not just themselves but also their teams at a major disadvantage by not showing up with their set bonus or tactical. That's what begets toxicity, and while it's not excusable, people would have a lot less to complain about if there was a minimum gear requirement instead of just removing the mode entirely.

I understand where you're coming from, but this shows that you don't play solo-ranked at all. Toxicity in the community is prevalent and loud, but it's also a loud minority. It punishes players who are in a non-PvP guild and can't field a team because their guildies don't know how to play their classes in PvP. This is a bad solution and doesn't actually fix anything: it just moves toxic players to other facets of the game.

What solo-ranked actually needs is a baseline gear requirement. People who complain about toxicity tend to be people who come into solo-ranked unprepared, and don't understand that they put not just themselves but also their teams at a major disadvantage by not showing up with their set bonus or tactical. That's what begets toxicity, and while it's not excusable, people would have a lot less to complain about if there was a minimum gear requirement instead of just removing the mode entirely.

No...it doesnt. It needs to go. What you guys don't understand is that its WAY *********** HARDER for toxic players to "move to other facets of the game" . Modes that require you to group up with other players are way less tolerant of being a complete *****, whereas everything about the design of solo ranked protects those players.

Lol he once told me queue dodging didn't exist because yolos were too popular for it to be possible.

I never said that. I said queue dodging as dps is not feasible and will not benefit you, so it makes no sense to even talk about it. Queue dodging only applies to tanks and healers really. If you want the full explanation, go back to those threads. The only place "queue dodging" is discussed is on these forums by people that don't play ranked.

Once again, people just making **** up lol. I don't know why people like you even bother reading or posting on forums when your reading comprehension is so poor. Probably better for you and Raansu to just go play regs and pretend you're good players.

Edited by JediMasterAlex

I never said that. I said queue dodging as dps is not feasible and will not benefit you, so it makes no sense to even talk about it. Queue dodging only applies to tanks and healers really. If you want the full explanation, go back to those threads. The only place "queue dodging" is discussed is on these forums by people that don't play ranked.

Once again, people just making **** up lol. I don't know why people like you even bother reading or posting on forums when your reading comprehension is so poor. Probably better for you and Raansu to just go play regs and pretend you're good players.

WhY iS tHe RanKeD CoMmUnITy sO SmaLL PeOplE hAvE tO BEg OtHeRs To QuEue?

WhY iS tHe RanKeD CoMmUnITy sO SmaLL PeOplE hAvE tO BEg OtHeRs To QuEue?

This is too edgy for me to decipher. If you think that I'm one of the people contributing to the toxicity in ranked, you're simply wrong.

It's not my fault that regstars constantly pipe up about ranked on these forums and have no clue what they're talking about.

Edited by JediMasterAlex

Removing solo ranked would have no affect on toxicity in this game. There are toxic people playing raids or flash points or regs or GSF and even group ranked when it pops.

Are there toxic people in solo ranked? Sure, but they are not all toxic and it’s only a small percentage that are the real problem.

So your proposed fix to toxicity is removing a game format that many players enjoy and who aren’t toxic.

Why should they be penalised for a small few who ruin it for everyone else?

That doesn’t address any other toxicity?

Are you going to remove all other group content because there are toxic players in there?

You don’t have to like solo ranked, you don’t have to like the players and you don’t even need to play it to realise how stupid this idea is.

Removing content from a game this old and has a long cadence to add more content or changes would drive more players away than help keep any or attract more.

That’s the last thing this games population needs. Anyone with any semblance of intelligence can see driving players from the game is a stupid idea.

So if you don’t like the toxic players in solo ranked, you have a very simple way to avoid them, DONT PLAY IT.

If anything, I think the very premise of this thread is toxic as it’s designed to cause toxicity and division between the players here. I would go so far as to say it’s a bait and troll thread thread to get people to break the TOS on the forums.

Edited by TrixxieTriss