Balance in content - OPS, WZ and companions (ideas)

Cowoline

Hi everyone (especially developers in hope they are watching).

I would like to use this thread to discuss our ideas for content.

I love SWTOR and I love the story parts the most - the companions being my favourite part. I do, however, understand people's love for group content, and people had been so upset, that it is my impression that it killed the KOTET story, and the return of the characters I love. I have a suggestion (and yes I know, they will probably never pay attention to it - them being developers), but I would still like to know what the community thought.

As I see it, there are two groups who seem to be "suffering".

-Operations enthusiasts

- Companion/story enthusiasts

But why hasn't anyone joined these two up yet? I know they were saying we were getting no new story content until the next expasion (Shame on you Charles, Ben and Musco), but hear me out.

I would like them to make new chapters that introduced the new content. Make a chapter that leads to a new operation (like oricon, but with the style of the KOTFE chapters). Now this would mean that you could do the chapter and get the story for the operation, without the operation itself being story heavy (like the uprisings).

Example: Kiera was last seen with some rebles that are now nowhere to be found. Chapter; Kiera finds you after breaking free from whoever imprisoned them, and asks you to help free the rebels. The rebels can then be freed in the operation.

Example 2: Jaesa (sane or unstable) has been searching for artefacts as a means to save/kill lightsided sith - and whoever else got in her way. Chapter; you come across her and help her getting the pieces she needs for getting to the place where the artefacts are kept. The artefacts can be claimed in an uprising.

Example 3: Vector (now Dawn Herald to all nests) has been searching for the forgotten killik nests, but has found two rivalling nests in a dispute. Recruting, getting ready and so on. Help one of the nests defeat the other in a Warzone (Summon killik groups, defend hives, get an killik mount to charge in).

You get the idea.

These ideas arent polished, but the point is that you could combine the two. The chapters wouldn't have to be very long (thinking 30min) and here you would focus more on the story and less on the fighting aspect. The gameplay would then be in the new content being released. I suggest that the missions are released like alerts (but with real cutscenes if you please!), but are not mandatory to get the new content.

Please find a way to merge these and not think so much in it having to be one or the other.

Thank you for reading this far.

-Cowoline