Collectors edition vendor

belizar

How many were released? Then how many of those accounts are still active? Its pretty pointless to add content to a bunch of people who barely see it.

Honestly I thought the CE vendor was a terrible idea to begin with, especially for a game that is world wide like this, to many mouths. If bioware wanted to, they could release codes people to pay to upgrade to collectors edition.

But now you have so many empty accounts that people really don't care. Be grateful that they kept it up this long. But when it comes down to it, releasing content for people to buy will always, I mean ALWAYS over shadow the ones who collected the special edition. You paid over $100 that they thought would be a resounding success. But now they are busy trying to keep this game a float.

In the end there would be no point in a have a Collectors Edition vendor if there was no one to play the game and use them.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who? Ohlen? I thought he's still around. At least he was by the time we got Makeb (and even then we didn't get any updates).

No. Zoeller. And he didn't get fired, he got a different job. Happens all the time in all kinds of businesses.

And he wasn't trolling either. He simply stated that the collectors edition vendor would get updated sometime.

• 2 weeks later...
See, something like that would be awesome. After all, right now some players have e.g. Tionese sets because they had them in their cargo hold. So CE customers could get them through the vendor and yeah, we'd have them, others wouldn't, but that's already the situation. It would still be fluff, it shouldn't be too much work and it would make us all feel warm and fuzzy inside with the CE love.

Plus, how about BW does something super nice for CE players and we all promise not to tell anyone? :D If they give us some existing content, like some of the ideas we've been talking about, then we'll promise not to tell anyone :cool:

It would be; would add a lot of meaning to having access to CE vender..

• 2 weeks later...
There was nothing new on the PTS don't get your hopes up :(

Was there any updates to prior PTSs before the dyes hit the vendor? Just curious. I've long given up hope of getting something cool from either vendor.

Christmas hats... in red and green. :p

Because that is all complainers deserve IMO.

Note: I am a CE owner.. so don't even try it.

Come to stirr up a bashing party for Biodrones and QQ'ers? Go in trhow a grenade and grin like an troll. :rolleyes:

No one is complaining. Just wondering if they decide to do something. :rak_01:

Edited by jankiel

Oh.. there is plenty of complaining in this thread. As well as demands, expressions of entitlement, and wild dreams. ;)

I don't think those people who bought thE collectors edition, who might I add where promised frequent updates to the shop, are being self entitled for asking Eaware to follow through on their promise.

I'm just glad I stuck with the DD edition...

Edited by Sniper-Agent
Typo!

Yeah, yeah as well as your complaining about the complainers. Just find another thread to bother.

Nope. I am a CE owner.. I have as much right to comment as anyone in the CE vendor thread.

What I am NOT....is upset about the pace of additions to the CE vendor, nor the type of additions. Anyone that buys an MMO CE edition for the digital perks has made an error in judgment IMO.

Edited by Andryah

Anyone that buys an MMO CE edition for the digital perks has made an error in judgment IMO.

Nevertheless it's not our fault to hope for our beloved company to go through what was originally promised after changes in the game that we did not choose. I think you can call people entitled when they want something for free and haven't paid for it in the first place. That doesn't apply here.

Is this hope worth an active thread? Definitely.

Nope. I am a CE owner.. I have as much right to comment as anyone in the CE vendor thread.

What I am NOT....is upset about the pace of additions to the CE vendor, nor the type of additions. Anyone that buys an MMO CE edition for the digital perks has made an error in judgment IMO.

So it's more to buy the CE for the artbooks and whatever other physical goodies come bundled with it then?

Most games i've seen it really is the the physical goodies that justify getting the CE. The few in game items are usually vanity items that, unusual looks aside, don't offer significant benefits over what can be acquired in game. There are the occasional exceptions, of course.

Seems to me like BW have been doing a lot of listening recently. We've been seeing loads of things implemented that we've been asking for, so I'm not giving up on this.

To reiterate my stance on this, I am not expecting new, exclusive content. I don't expect BW to spend time and money on something that only benefits a small number of players, whatever promises were made in the past.

But I don't think it's a wild dream to push for some current content to be added to the CE vendor as a little perk, e.g. black or white dyes that are available for credits. That doesn't hurt anyone, other players can get them too, but it is a nice little nod to the CE players. Can anyone tell me what would be wrong with something like that?

Or even just convenience stuff, e.g. social gear from every social vendor across the galaxy. Put in a box, so that we can buy that more easily. Again, no one is missing out, it's just a little perk to make us feel some love.

Getting a little more adventurous, add rare speeders or pets to the vendor, as in pre-existing ones that can be obtained from other places, e.g. Pale Rakling for credits. All players can get it, but if you are a CE player, it's a bit easier.

Any of those kind of things would seem reasonable to me. No one is missing out, but CE vendors are getting a little nod from BW. I know it's my idea, so obviously I'd agree with it, but that really does seem fair and reasonable to me. I'm not expecting brand new exclusive gear just for us, but there lots of little things they could do to make us feel loved.

They persuaded us (and the DD players) to pay our money upfront on the promise of future updates... they should be making some attempt to stand by that. I think BW do play too fast and loose with customer trust e.g. charging for RotHC then making it free. You screw around like this too many times and they will lose customer trust. How many of us would feel confident paying for another expansion, or buying access to a new vendor? They may have moved away from that model, but they should be careful about how many people they've burned this way.

TL;DR A little love is not too much to ask.

Edited by CrazyMcGee

TL;DR A little love is not too much to ask.

No disagreement with this.

It's the demanding, insisting, and feeling entitled-to that I disagree with.

If sincere and level headed requests were not constantly washed out by all the rage posts, demand posts, claims of fraud posts, complaints about reskins posts, etc. etc. etc.. the thread premise would be worth supporting. The thread does have gold posts in it, and they did in fact add content.. and were heavily chided for it in this thread because people cannot manage their expectations.

Edited by Andryah

No disagreement with this.

It's the demanding, insisting, and feeling entitled-to that I disagree with.

If sincere and level headed requests were not constantly washed out by all the rage posts, demand posts, claims of fraud posts, complaints about reskins posts, etc. etc. etc.. the thread premise would be worth supporting. The thread does have gold posts in it, and they did in fact add content.. and were heavily chided for it in this thread because people cannot manage their expectations.

Was just about to come to this thread (again) and put another 2 cents in, but I can't really say it any better than this.

Updates have happened, and continue to happen.

Unfortunately, we see the same results here that plagued the game from beta through launch, and beyond. It is the somewhat unique ability that the gaming population has of not being able to think rationally and manage/adjust their expectations accordingly.

Gamers often wonder why "we can't have nice things in a game." Want to know why? Look in a mirror for your answer. All of us have been guilty of not being able to manage our expectations at some point or another (including myself). Some of us, however, have been able to learn from our mistakes (again, myself included), and adjust our expectations going forward accordingly. Obviously, many others have not been able to do so yet.

Just realise your comments are as annoying as the constant hate this topic is filled. :p

Back to buisnes.

Maybe a custom paint for GS?