Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Companion Holo Placeholders

Xo-Lara
01.01.2017 , 11:34 AM | #1
Could we get a toggle that would let us keep placed companions solid when we are on character's that don't have that companion? I ask for a toggle because the current system might work well for some people and a blanket change may mess up their layout. However, I would like to be able to use my off character comps for solid stronghold NPCs. The holos strip them of the armor I put on them.
If you like my stronghold threads such as this and this, please consider using my referral link. It will reward us both. Or you could post your support for one of my threads.
{Ξ(Θ)!!██████████████████

DrDaMoZ
01.01.2017 , 08:11 PM | #2
The holo shows the gear for that companion on the character you currently play. If you don't have that companion unlocked on your character it will show the default gear for that companion. It would give various conflicts if they did it otherwise. The only alternative would be legacy bound companions, but that would mean no matter which char you play the companions all have the same gear and you would have to switch out a new set each time you play a different character. And with many cartel market stuff being character based you could bypass that by logging on a character with unlocks and gear your companion there instead of paying more cartel coins to unlock it account wide.

Xo-Lara
01.01.2017 , 10:18 PM | #3
I could even live with default gear, but I would like the companion to be solid at least.
If you like my stronghold threads such as this and this, please consider using my referral link. It will reward us both. Or you could post your support for one of my threads.
{Ξ(Θ)!!██████████████████

Moonshift
03.20.2017 , 03:03 PM | #4
Giving up the customization of companions for that, would be a too high price.
Optional okay: the companions with the standard outfit are visible and the other customized still holograms.

You can prior place the companions which already unlocked for legacy. Then you will need to unlock them on every character, of course.

Xina_LA
03.21.2017 , 11:18 AM | #5
I've seen a bunch of threads over the last year or two that asked for a way to have non-holographic Companion decorations, or at least be able to toggle their solid/holo appearance. It's a shame that the companion holo appearance hasn't changed.

It is very strange when different people in a room see companions in a different way. If I had a choice, I'd chose for all companions to never show up as holograms, even if that meant they always had their default appearance and gear.

I'm guessing they'll never change the way this works, because it would upset the people who like things the way they are. A toggle would be the only fair solution.
--=# Decorating addict of Satele Shan server. #=--