Same gender relationships clarifications?

elexier

TOR needed another year in development, in retrospect.

I said this, right at the beginning, when I realized SGRs were not in the game. Even besides that, it didn't really seem finished. :/ Nor does it now.

Yeah, let's keep up the pressure. I guess that's the only way we're getting anywhere here.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I said this, right at the beginning, when I realized SGRs were not in the game. Even besides that, it didn't really seem finished. :/ Nor does it now.

At the very least, they should have had a QoL patch ready to go shortly after launch. (Tis the same company that can whip up scrapped companions for Day-One DLC, after all).

I know it's become another bad forum cliche, but it's a year and chairs still don't work.

This was not one of the sites that had directly replied to me before.

It may not be an answer.

But we did it. We showed a lot of people that enough of us care to know.

Look for the podcast next week.

Right on... and 'howdy' to Evan as well - was at a beach barbeque yesterday, catching up with my favourite fake-cousins so I missed him stopping by.

Edited by Palar

Wow..um...yeah....:o

Sorry I haven't posted much. Hi to Evan!

What else...oh, thanks for the PMs guys!

Um

MERRY LIFE DAY!!!

It may not be an answer.

LINK IT ANYWHERE YOU CAN! I'll talk more later.

Meanwhile, I'm going to go faint with shock. :eek::eek:

That's great Natashina, I'll keep my eyes and ears peeled for it. Don't usually listen to podcasts very often but I'll make a point to catch this one :)

Edit: Looks like I'm still able to post despite cancelling my sub.

Edit 2: Oh there's a hood toggle thread on the General Discussion forum from someone saying they'd heard about it a while back and wanted to know what the latest was in much the same vein that we see the odd SGRA thread pop up...amazing how different the responses are....not one person saying "You already have a thread for this!!!!!" ;)

Edited by Chaac

Wow..um...yeah....:o

Sorry I haven't posted much. Hi to Evan!

What else...oh, thanks for the PMs guys!

Um

MERRY LIFE DAY!!!

It may not be an answer.

LINK IT ANYWHERE YOU CAN! I'll talk more later.

Meanwhile, I'm going to go faint with shock. :eek::eek:

Well hey, this is something :D Hopefully we can give the podcast more coverage as well.

I'll make a big post later. I have some thoughts about not only where this might go, but what the next step might be.

By the way, their podcasts are very good. I'm also super picky with my game podcasts as well. :)

**hugs**

Edited by natashina

I am well into the process of certifying natashina for sainthood. The amount of sheer dedication she has put into this process has gone far above and beyond ordinary effort. A rousing "thank you" is in order for her.

As all my Faire friends say, "Hip, hip....HUZZAH!"

~JC

I am well into the process of certifying natashina for sainthood. The amount of sheer dedication she has put into this process has gone far above and beyond ordinary effort. A rousing "thank you" is in order for her.

~JC

Yes indeed.

Thanks a bunch natashina :)

~JC

Natashina, Saint of Getting Stuff Done?

I believe that it would be less strain on EA and Bioware if they made all of the ones we are able to romace Bisexual that means all they have to is make the flirting responses for both genders this will take alot less time then making all new compainions Edited by gazacam

You guys should check out David Gaider's latest Tumblr post. He talks about how the inclusion or omission of certain social issues can be a statement. It's near the end.

I think it might be relevant.

Thank you for that Revanchis, a nice little read :)

His last paragraph does cover the point fairly neatly. I've personally never liked the idea that any form of entertainment can be "just" something - media like sitcoms, comic books and films reflect and deal with our social conventions and the problems that people face, whether in everyday life or in extraordinary moments. They help us to overcome the mundane and rationalize the absurd. It's media's ability to normalize and level that's so dangerous, then - all white casts are dangerous for people of colour; all cis and straight casts are likewise dangerous to the LGBT community, not because it might incite a person to violence against them, but that it erases them and their issues. A storyline the deals with an LGBT youth, or the struggles of a person of colour, not only can help those demographics in accepting themselves (if done properly) but can also help the cis, the straight and the white in accepting those who are different from them.

Edited by Tatile

Last line of that post did hurt a little bit.

I hope so too, Mr. Gaider, I hope so too.

Yeah. It also bothers me that people on the Swtor team can't even mention SGRs in tweets, yet things like that can be said freely about other games. How recent was the tumblr post?

Yeah. It also bothers me that people on the Swtor team can't even mention SGRs in tweets, yet things like that can be said freely about other games. How recent was the tumblr post?

That's today's post.

I've already mused on Mr. Hood's hands being tied by censorship and something else in this thread (and then added to be Mr. Gaider's blog post) makes me wonder who's behind this. As at this point, this doesn't seem to be a marketing c*ck up...

And a certain someone was laughing at the playerbase during a recent LiveStream...

Um Lent, look right above you...

Well done, nat. :) You know, at home usually I post from my iPad and since its internet connection has drop outs, refreshing the page can be dangerous.

Sometimes I DO miss posts and have to read up at work later on. *cough*

Thanks for the awesome job you're doing. ;) Great to be following your adventures in all things SWTORSGRAs.

You guys should check out David Gaider's latest Tumblr post. He talks about how the inclusion or omission of certain social issues can be a statement. It's near the end.

I think it might be relevant.

Despite it being relevant for us here, it's also a touching, touching read.

It should be a mandatory read for any new writer or producer Bioware employs in the future. This is what has made them great, their inclusion of socially relevant themes and incorporating them seemlessly, naturally.

Trying to emulate other MMOs out there that don't have any of that and are made for simple consumption will just make them ordinary.

I certainly hope they're not interested in going down that path.

Last line of that post did hurt a little bit.

I hope so too, Mr. Gaider, I hope so too.

True. So very true.

Stumbled upon this again, and thought I'd post it. We could all use a few laughs:

Lol, that was fun. I used to watch Conan ages ago when we still had MSNBC over here in Germany and he was on late at nights. Consider myself a proud member of Team Coco. :D

So there, he said it. Bioware needs to take note. You don't wanna be on the wrong side of history here.

Just putting my words of support here. It's a shame this game didn't launch with the option of same-gender romances, especially when some of the companions quite clearly prefer same sex. It would have been easy to just NOT code in a check for gender in the first place. Much, much harder to take one out.

Finally something about Makeb.

N.H. Spring is roughly March-May, if I remember right... and we'll have to pay for it, after all.

Thoughts?

Ugh. Disappointed, but not surprised. If SGRA's are with Makeb, it certainly seems that BW: Austin is quite happy with the Pay2Gay idea. Disgusting.

On a related note, I asked Mr. Gaider about whether or not he was aware of what BW: Austin are doing (or rather, not doing) and how he feels about it. I have no idea if he'll respond, I'm terrible with this tumblr stuff.