So about Darth Malora...

BlastBoomArt

Are we going to be seeing anymore of her? I have a very hard time believing that the devs wasted all that time making a unique face model for her just to completely erase her from the story after one mission.

I liked the new Malora a heck of a lot. They did an amazing job on her appearance and voice to make her stunningly creepy and her motivations seemed really interesting. I was really excited to have her play the Imp-side counter-part to Tau, (since that seemed to be what the JuS teaser art was hinting at) onlyyyyyyyy for Malgus to **** it up.

I have never wanted to kill a character so badly in that instant. Not even Koth or Ashara inspired so much rage...

Anyway, I had to walk away from my computer after that and rage to my girlfriend about it. When I did finally come back, I was definitely relieved to see that she wasn't actually dead, but is she functionally dead now? Are we ever actually going to see her again or was she just a means to hype up Malgus' return? (Funny enough, that did the exact opposite for me and I can't wait to stick my lightsaber in Malgus, hopefully for the last frikkin time!)

-

She can be killed on the republic side, so that is probably why they replaced her on the council.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9790259#post9790259

As we've at least seen with Acina, death in one playthrough doesn't necessarily mean perma-death for everybody else anymore. (thank god!)

I'm keeping my fingers crossed she'll be back.

-

I was shocked when I saw her and I was like ''Nooo! That Malora? The one I got her zapped by her fatass Master ??'' and she remembered it no less lol priceless!

was kinda weird, I mean she complained that her fatass master back then was just wasting ressources and blahblah . And then she turn around and do something similar and go further then him. I mean, I get it..she did get result and probably it paid off to the Imp..unlike her master .

But I wouldve though the way she complained...she would choose a different path .

Maybe it was a form of rebellion against him ?

would be funny if she kept him alive and used him as her personal guinea Pig . Imagine, if he become half-fatass and Half-those bug on Balmorra..*Shudder*...eww indeed lol

The Dark council need a ''crazy do illegal experiment'' on the dark council, it wouldn't be the dark council without one!

would be funny if she kept him alive and used him as her personal guinea Pig . Imagine, if he become half-fatass and Half-those bug on Balmorra..*Shudder*...eww indeed lol

He's killed by Pub characters during the Korriban FP though (fat dude fighting near the elevator with some Tuk'atas)

He's killed by Pub characters during the Korriban FP though (fat dude fighting near the elevator with some Tuk'atas)

Oh yeah, now I remember . Still, she can bring him back like Malgus did.....Ah! Body of a Tukata and his head stay intact! Now thats a diet! he lost weight XD

was kinda weird, I mean she complained that her fatass master back then was just wasting ressources and blahblah . And then she turn around and do something similar and go further then him. I mean, I get it..she did get result and probably it paid off to the Imp..unlike her master .

But I wouldve though the way she complained...she would choose a different path .

Maybe it was a form of rebellion against him ?

Personally, I'm guessing it's probably a case of 'the student trying SO hard to not be like their master, that they overshoot it and end up accidentally becoming exactly like their master in the end'.

I can absolutely see her rationalizing it to herself too, like "See, I'm nothing like him. My experiments actually DO something!" Even if that 'something' is kill a bunch of Imperials. lol

This is why I want to see more of Malora! The small glimpse we got into who she's become was extremely interesting and I really want to know more about her. :D

-

Personally, I'm guessing it's probably a case of 'the student trying SO hard to not be like their master, that they overshoot it and end up accidentally becoming exactly like their master in the end'.

I can absolutely see her rationalizing it to herself too, like "See, I'm nothing like him. My experiments actually DO something!" Even if that 'something' is kill a bunch of Imperials. lol

This is why I want to see more of Malora! The small glimpse we got into who she's become was extremely interesting and I really want to know more about her. :D

-

Oh man, how I wish when we met her, we could poke fun in the dialogue about that! instead of ''Oh I got you zapped, didn't I ?'' lol

would've been so hilarious to watch her reaction! Say something like ''So..do you want me to get you a heart like your master asked me all those years back ? Or are you covered...? weird..I don't see a freezer in here'' :p

Was rewatching the cutscenes that Malora was in in JuS, and it has me wondering...

Malora mentions that she's interested in the library more than anything. She doesn't even seem that particularly broken up about being ousted from the dark council. And when she returns from being shoved off the ledge, she says that she plans to pick through the remains of the library for what she seeks. Sounds like she might have something particular in mind...Could be something that'll come into play in the future? With Tenebrae's plague maybe?

Or not! I mean, she does get arrested/stabbed over Rep-side. That being said, we already know that death is hardly permanent in this friggin game.

An interesting theory at least. Feel free to poke holes! I was too lazy to rewatch all of JuS so there's likely information I've missed.

-

Oh I don't know about the death comment. Normally when someone dies, the ones that kept the person alive gets very little conversation or anything from them. Look at Koth, a lot of people killed him, yet my smuggler has a romance with him and since he was allowed to be killed I have gotten very little interaction with him so while they might not be dead on your character, you may not get much interaction with them, if you go by the history SWTOR has done with those that can be killed.

Oh I don't know about the death comment. Normally when someone dies, the ones that kept the person alive gets very little conversation or anything from them. Look at Koth, a lot of people killed him, yet my smuggler has a romance with him and since he was allowed to be killed I have gotten very little interaction with him so while they might not be dead on your character, you may not get much interaction with them, if you go by the history SWTOR has done with those that can be killed.

I think that has more to do with the fact that he's romanceable than the fact he was killable. Just look at all the other romance options that haven't had a kill option. Unless their name is Lana or Theron, their presence in the game is basically zero. The devs seem to be trying to make spare/kill decisions matter more in the game in the newer updates, at least. Only time will tell, of course.

-

I think that has more to do with the fact that he's romanceable than the fact he was killable. Just look at all the other romance options that haven't had a kill option. Unless their name is Lana or Theron, their presence in the game is basically zero. The devs seem to be trying to make spare/kill decisions matter more in the game in the newer updates, at least. Only time will tell, of course.

-

Thing is except Lana and Raina all the unkillable LIs so far are class restricted and are only available to their original class, so they're pretty much in the same situation as the killable LIs which means, they're not available to all characters

As for Malora, she was arrested on my Pub toons, but my imps one asked her to join the Alliance and work with Oggurobb, which she appeared to find an interesting idea, so maybe she still has a role to play, but not sure.

I'd like to see Malora return. She's an interesting character, and I liked the idea of bringing back an old quest giver in such way. I also spared her life with my saboteur Pub character, so I can hopefully send her back to the Empire someday.

I especially liked when she said: "I would never make such a mess of a library, even one belonging to the Jedi."

Was rewatching the cutscenes that Malora was in in JuS, and it has me wondering...

Malora mentions that she's interested in the library more than anything. She doesn't even seem that particularly broken up about being ousted from the dark council. And when she returns from being shoved off the ledge, she says that she plans to pick through the remains of the library for what she seeks. Sounds like she might have something particular in mind...Could be something that'll come into play in the future? With Tenebrae's plague maybe?

Or not! I mean, she does get arrested/stabbed over Rep-side. That being said, we already know that death is hardly permanent in this friggin game.

An interesting theory at least. Feel free to poke holes! I was too lazy to rewatch all of JuS so there's likely information I've missed.

-

I'm not surprised that she doesn't care for the dark council . I mean, she was there and had a master like everyone else, and she saw how one who had a potentiel can be saddled by a moronic master that hinder their potentiel .

So it would feel right, that she would aim to ''use'' the dark council to have a driving licence to go where she need to go, do some boring stuff for the empress so she doesnt zap my ***..but I get something else for myself..and when I'm ready....it be too late for anyone to stop meh and my Hoard of BUG! MUAHAHHAHAH

She learned the rules of the sith and Learned them well lol

I doubt she has anything to do with Tenebrea crap . It aint science !!

But you never know...she can be full of surprise lol

same can be done with the kel somting jedi master we can stab him or take him captive. yet he is still alive and well in the pub side of the story

Gnost-Dural is either captured / dead Imp side or perfectly well and free and back as a Jedi Master on Pub side.

Malora is either dead / captive Pub side or i don't remember every choices for her Imp side but i think you can either kill her, let her go or ask her to join your Alliance.

In any case, she's not part of the Empire anymore, which is why she was replaced for everyone, while G-D is still there pub side

Edited by Goreshaga

• 3 weeks later...
Gnost-Dural is either captured / dead Imp side or perfectly well and free and back as a Jedi Master on Pub side.

Malora is either dead / captive Pub side or i don't remember every choices for her Imp side but i think you can either kill her, let her go or ask her to join your Alliance.

In any case, she's not part of the Empire anymore, which is why she was replaced for everyone, while G-D is still there pub side

Speaking of Master Gnost-Dural...after Acina's "generous offer" of "give me total and absolute control of your entire power base and I'll graciously allow you to return to my predecessor's chosen role for you of 'pet puppet assassin'"...my SW is wanting to:

(a) get in touch with Scorpio, whom she'd allowed to replace Aries on Iokath, to inquire about the possibility of either providing ships/support or else a means of hiding Odessen from the empire, perhaps by erasing (or scrambling) all data in all computer systems regarding its location (except for Alliance ships, of course);

(b) run a covert op to extricate Master Gnost-Dural from the Empire and let him go free with a promise to keep Odessen's location secret (assuming that portion of (a) is successful);

© send an official apology to the Republic, explaining that what she'd thought were signs that the Empire was changing for the better proved to be false, and offering to aid the Republic, with a mention that a possibility of actually becoming a full member world is on the table for negotiations - provided current Republic leadership proves far less fanatical than Saresh and Malcolm;

and (d) pack up the entire Alliance base and move it to Nathema.

Edited by VelvetSanity
improved readability

Speaking of Master Gnost-Dural...after Acina's "generous offer" of "give me total and absolute control of your entire power base and I'll graciously allow you to return to my predecessor's chosen role for you of 'pet puppet assassin'"...my SW is wanting to:

(a) get in touch with Scorpio, whom she'd allowed to replace Aries on Iokath, to inquire about the possibility of either providing ships/support or else a means of hiding Odessen from the empire, perhaps by erasing (or scrambling) all data in all computer systems regarding its location (except for Alliance ships, of course);

(b) run a covert op to extricate Master Gnost-Dural from the Empire and let him go free with a promise to keep Odessen's location secret (assuming that portion of (a) is successful);

© send an official apology to the Republic, explaining that what she'd thought were signs that the Empire was changing for the better proved to be false, and offering to aid the Republic, with a mention that a possibility of actually becoming a full member world is on the table for negotiations - provided current Republic leadership proves far less fanatical than Saresh and Malcolm;

and (d) pack up the entire Alliance base and move it to Nathema.

Yeah, i wish i could ask SCORPIO some help too, maybe to get some shiny new ships.

Gnost-Dural, i honnestly hated both choices on my imp saboteurs because you either kill someone who is very important to the Republic / Jedi Order or you hand him over to the Empire knowing he'll be tortured as he's a valuable source of informations...

How does any of these choices actually help the Republic ?

Best option IMO would've been to pretend to kill him, wounding him enough to be convincing but leaving him with enough life that he could be found later by other Jedi (which would be quite similar to what happens to him pub side).

But considerong the options we actually had, yeah an option to free Gnost-Dural would be nice, but as it would only be availe to imp who went LS with him, i don't really see it happening, so he'll probably rot forever in an imperial cell.

Not sure we'll see Malora again too, as she's pretty much in a similar situation as Gnost-Dural where probably only imps who asked her to join the Alliance could meet her again.

My loyalist JK thinks Chancelor Rans seems to be a huge improvement over Saresh but doesn't fully trust that the next Chancelor, or the next one... would be any better than Saresh, so she refused to hand over the fate of the people of the Alliance who trusted her to lead them, which is the main reason she refused the Chancelor's offer to officially join the Republic and decided to stay independant.

Well that, and she didn't want to give up Theron to go back to being a Jedi either.

Not sure a former imp Commander would really be welcomed with open arms though, especially if said Commander sided with the Empire before.

• 6 months later...
I actually offered here a spot in my Alliance, cause I'm all about having an insane amount of companions which may end up having their own stories you can learn about. But nothing ever came of it after we parted ways on Ossus.

• 2 weeks later...
I actually offered here a spot in my Alliance, cause I'm all about having an insane amount of companions which may end up having their own stories you can learn about. But nothing ever came of it after we parted ways on Ossus.

Maybe Malora doesn't know where Odessen is and she's got lost?

• 1 month later...

But for real, where is Malora on Imp side?

As many before pointed out making such unique character model just for few dialogues would be huge waste of all stuff.

Hmm, I have HUUGE hope Malora will return and take the offer to join the Alliance and become huge advantage in Alliance Science Sphere and will bring her creations as well, maybe even as abilities. I hope she anywya will get some story to tell after all, not just becoming irrelevant companion.

Mandalorian FP has slighly chance of brining her back, because "meet new and old enemies and stuff"?

If not then when? Why so wait?

I would too, on a different note isn't her facial features from experimenting sith Sith Alchemy? I think it would be cool if we could do something like and alter our characters looks with a twist from her own. Kind of like how theres the show dark side corruption maybe if it got updated I dunno just thinking outloud.